DIY Mod to Prevent Fairing From Cracking

• After purchasing my sling I noticed a small crack on my driver side where your left arm would rest. Some might even use this as support to get in and out of your sling. Anyways I took mine apart today to find out the cause. It looks like there is a metal bracket underneath that supports the fairing. However the edge of it is sharp so when you put pressure down to get in and out, eventually the sharp edge will cause it to crack. and eventually wear through.

A simple fix would be to get some foam material or rubber material to cover the top side of the metal bracket. You could also remove the bracket and file the sharp edges off as well then apply protection on top of it. I would recommend doing this on both sides, driver and passenger to prevent this from happening.

Below are some pics..

• Dealer is replacing mine under warranty driver side and passenger side driver side has the star shaped crack and the passenger has a hair line crack about 4 inches long going down the seam of one of the mold lines.
    Funny showed the Mechanic the star shaped crack over a month ago he told me looks like a rock hit
    till two of there demos had the same crack appear LOL.

• its warranty. Old one never produced it and only had it a month now.

watch the quality on the new one- inspect BEFORE they install. Polaris, in their ultimate wisdom, decided that a thin piece pf plastic, and a plastic bag was adequate protection- Most rear corner badly chipped. Needless to say- another one is on order, under warranty. HOWEVER- this is a good test of the 2 layers of 1/8" self adhesive foam I used, after the bracket edges got ground down. (! on bracket, 1 on the panel underside.) I expect the new part in another month or so......... Will look and see how my foam is holding up. Have had it on for two weeks- no issues so far.

• Welp. Got the cracks. Haven't had time to open the panel and add the padding, and lookie-here. So, I'm going to open them up and see what padding might work, but...as far as warranty work, are there any magic words or tricky phrases anyone else has used to make sure they got the warranty coverage? I'm not too worried yet, the local dealer has been decent the few times I've dealt with them. Just want all my ducks in a row before I approach them.

• We got ours replaced under warranty. It was kind of easy - we now have a great servicing dealer. We walked through the dealership - the shop and the lot and every 2016 had the cracking but not on a single 2015 model because of the change in brackets. I did pay $35 a piece for the 2015 brackets so that once they were replaced it wouldn't happen again

• We got ours replaced under warranty. It was kind of easy - we now have a great servicing dealer. We walked through the dealership - the shop and the lot and every 2016 had the cracking but not on a single 2015 model because of the change in brackets. I did pay $35 a piece for the 2015 brackets so that once they were replaced it wouldn't happen again

For owners with the new brackets and cracked panels did the '15 panel braces bolt right up ?

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......