Question on warranty repair

• Called dealer to find out if they had a list for swing arm warranty replacing. Gave them vin number said was due for three different repairs. Asked them if they could order parts would bring SS to them when parts come in? Was told I had to bring SS to them and leave it before they could order the parts. Said because warranty work was more than 1,000$ Polaris required it to be on premise. Anyone else run into this I'm in Michigan winter here SS in dry garage don't want to take it there and have it set outside for how many weeks it takes to get parts.

First .... this is not a warranty repair but rather a safety recall repair in accordance with Federal Law and coordinated with the NHTSA ...

There is a huge difference so language matters .....

Second ..... Have your VIN in hand and call 1-855-863-2284 .. explain what you outlined above complete with the dealers name and contact information .. the dealer will receive an outline of the conversation so be precise and come with facts .....

If you get the runaround or just want to document your experience follow up here : File a Vehicle Safety Complaint | Safercar.gov | NHTSA

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• @Kershaw The dealer is wrong. I had my sling at the dealer for the 10,000 mile check. They had the part(s) for the fuel problem, and took care of this recall. I was told to take my sling home, and they would call when the other parts arrived. I sure would not want mine sitting there for weeks.

Living the good life in central Florida.

• Sounds like my local dealer. They wanted me to bring mine in last year for the wiring recall. They told me it would be a 3 week wait until they could look at it and then order the parts. I called the dealer 30 miles down the road and they ordered the parts. I scheduled an appointment and drove it when the parts were there. An hour later I was on my way home.

Then when I hit a deer and needed a repair estimate, they told me to bring it in and they would get to it by winter, just to write the estimate. My adjuster told them to go pound sand.

Needless to say, I won't darken their door ever again. The funny thing is, both dealers are owned by the same people. I made sure they were aware and nothing changed.

So when I got the swingarm recall, I called the out of town dealer, they have the swingarm on order and should be in this week sometime. They will give it to me to paint prior to them installing it, since mine was custom painted.

• The way I read my recall is that the fuel line is to be replaced and the swing arm is an inspection with a possible replacement if deemed cracked or failed. Has everyone that's brought theirs in for the recall had the swing arm replaced??

All the oil might be in Alberta but the dipsticks are in Ottawa!

• The way I read my recall is that the fuel line is to be replaced and the swing arm is an inspection with a possible replacement if deemed cracked or failed. Has everyone that's brought theirs in for the recall had the swing arm replaced??

All swingarms are being replaced.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Well I guess I've been told! lol I wonder if the new ones come with bearings (newer and better) pressed in or it's done at the dealer? I would like to add some "real" bearing grease or install a zirc fitting while they have it apart. Butt knowing, how anal some dealers are they won't let me touch it till after the install.

• Swingarm will come with new bearings but, unfortunately, the same ol' design :( I seriously doubt any dealership will approve of the grease zirc mod...

• So has anyone brought it in with a fender on it? I'm figuring if I leave mine on I'll find it on the front seat when I pick it up. I guess I'de better find the drill and tap that came with it. I'm telling you this getting to be a cluster F**K

• So has anyone brought it in with a fender on it? I'm figuring if I leave mine on I'll find it on the front seat when I pick it up. I guess I'de better find the drill and tap that came with it. I'm telling you this getting to be a cluster F**K

I'm taking off my Metrics prior to the appointment & will reinstall it myself.