Hood fitment issues

• I'm getting at least 1/4 or more pall the way across. My rubber pads are missing but the dealer told me those were eliminated..

Yes they no longer have pads, there is some aftermarket pads available or get the new style rubber bumpers from your dealership. The Polaris kit will have four bumpers, two at the windshield and two for the fender splashes. Either way you go will it fix the hood movement by the windshield. My preference is the kit from Polaris.

• My hood has the most movement in the center. The pad and the plate on the hood are gone and I think if they were there my issue would be solved

I have to agree....my hood rests solidly on the pad in the middle. Mine just might move around like yours without the center pad.

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• I'm looking for an original rear plate if I can't find that I might try to put those new bumpers in the original screw holes...mount them on the hood instead of the dash...

The 16.5 rear center brace was never installed. I purchased a center brace from the dealer that came with the pad glued to it instead of the resting place in front of the windshield. It was a straight bolt on that fixed our hood alignment problems. I think it cost around 40.00.

• My dealer has one left on his shelve...it's mine . At cost. $33. ..I have several ideas about what I'm going to do...I actually thought about screwing the rubber to the bracket.... I have to wait and see how much clearance there actually is after I bolt on the bracket..also thought about drilling into the dash area and inserting those new rubber bumpers...

• Bracket update...well I got the middle hood bracket yesterday and...not for the $33 dollars (dealers cost) the parts guy told me...since nobody else with need it since the hood bumper thing has been revised....there are two parts guys and the one that told me the dealer price wasn't there and the other guy charged me $40 with the two mounting bolts....so make sure which parts guy you are dealing with on special pricing quotes..

I have the bracket and no bike....it's in the shop for a week or more...

• I was lucky enough to find a new discontinued metal hood bumper at my dealer....my hood has been out of alignment since day one...I installed the discontinued part and now my up and down alignment is perfect after I had to shave down the round rubber bumper near the windshield...the one on the right was cut down so I took about 1/4" on the left and it looks like it's supposed to...next I will install the newly eliminated old style flat bumper pads..

• @Bigdog let me know if you find it. I have had two Slingshots and each had the hood off left to right. It becomes important when designing parts that mount at, around, or near the mirror mounting brackets.

Too close and for some SlingShots the hood will make contact when closing.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Thinking about it....the hood latch brackets could be the answer...but the rear brackets don't have lateral adjustment that I can see and my alignment issue is in the rear of the hood side to side. Looking at the SS from the front left side sticks out more than the right side. I don't see any way to adjust the rear catches on the hood itself either.

So the question is...does everyones hood close that way or is it an isolated issue? My SS is a 2015.

• I be at work.... somebody want to point out to @Bigdog the two bolts on each side of the vertical frame each side of the radiator that the hood hinges mount to. The ones that are horizontally slotted to allow the hood to shift a left to right axis. And tell him he will probably have to re-adjust his front latches if he messes with those... and watch the rear edges to make sure they don't strike anything when closing....

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I think @airoutlaw has the answer to your problem. Not much different than the old cars I worked on from the 60's (and forward for that matter, but those were the ones I seemed to have the hoods off of the most). A very slight adjustment at the rear hinge on those would change the left to right (even front to rear) a good bit. I'm sure this has been quite frustrating to you @Bigdog, but I think you are getting close to whipping this problem.

Nothing of help or substance here, just offering support. Would be much easier to make suggestions if I could see it (hands on) and look for the problem in person.