Anyone driven with out the windshield?

• I did to try it to see if it had a "motorcycle feel" last year.
    Wow that sucked!
    It felt like a person standing on my chest after 40 mph.
    no fun!
    <<<<<<< My profile pic was taken during the ride! LOL

"If you think you're already free , escaping is unlikely"

Edited once, last by MrWinn ().

• I drove my Base SS home without windshield and a few days waiting for F 4 to arrive.
    Coming home on interstate was doing 90 mph with it and it was not that pleasant with
    full face helmet driving it 40 miles that day.
    It made me think of my first bikes back in 60's and doing 125 mph with them and it did not
    bother me then ,but it does now.

• its not fun without some type of diverter. I haven't personally used the double bubble but many think it's one of the better screen designs. I agree from a purely design standpoint. Last summer I made some small test diverters that I 3M tapped to the leading edges of the console pods in front of the driver and passenger seats. This really worked well to eliminate the full face blast but still allowed air flow for a pleasant 95+ high humidity day drive.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I drove Henry's Alpha SS with double bubble last year in South Dakota and it was nothing I would purchase.
    It gave some head on air over you but still felt a lot of air movement coming between bubbles.
    I have tinnitus ( ringing in ears ) and need more protection from wind noise and F4 +5 gives me that.
    Not to say on very hot humid days I will wish at times I had smaller or no shield .

• I have a 2015 LE came with the bubbles. Did not like the cross wind beating on me from passage sheild. Bought the madstad double bubble windshield. That little center sheild is what makes all the difference. It stops all the cross wind from each sheild. If you like the factory bubbles mess with making a center sheild to stop the wind up the middle or to divert it a little. Have been extremely happy with the madstad setup.

• Ordered the Madstad 9" Extra Dark shield 2 days before I picked up the Slingshot. Drove Wraith every day till it came in, even once during some rain. Got soaked from armpit up. Was wearing the Polaris full-face helmet and it wasn't too bad. At least that is what I thought. Got the windshield in and played with the adjustments. Will never go back now.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• 9 miles...it took 9 miles for me to park the SS, get in my car and head down to my dealership and buy the factory windshield. I have been riding with the factory windshield since. Well that is until Saturday when my Madstad 9" gets in!

Another one of the converted.....awesome! All praise the Madstads.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• the top design I have been playing with does an amazing job of smoothing out the air flow into the cabin. The key is managing the air flow at about the very top of your helmet. This is where my stock screen falls short. Blocks the wind but still allows buffeting at the very top of the helmet. Sort of disappointed with Polaris. Would not take much development work to find the answer in a desent looking WS.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• @Ruptured Duck still waiting to see your top. I like alternatives. Just haven't found the one that catches my eye yet.

me too... Still getting a presentable version (if able to get to market version) that I can show. Third frame is getting fitted at the Canvas guy now. Unfortunately it's a favor project and he is dead in the middle of his busy pre-summer boating season. Everyone is trying to get their boats ready.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• YES! 1600 miles from WV to Cape Coral by myself. Some of the worst rainstorms on the east coast in decades. Blinded by driving rain several times (no where to get off the HW and could not see an exit if there was one). I made the mistake that driving a SS in the rain is close to a motorcycle - it is not! The worst part is that I had a Madstad in Cape Coral and forgot it. ;(

Home of the free - because of the brave

• YES! 1600 miles from WV to Cape Coral by myself. Some of the worst rainstorms on the east coast in decades. Blinded by driving rain several times (no where to get off the HW and could not see an exit if there was one). I made the mistake that driving a SS in the rain is close to a motorcycle - it is not! The worst part is that I had a Madstad in Cape Coral and forgot it. ;(

Glad you made it safe and sound. Did you get any breather moments or was it down pouring the entire time?

• Glad you made it safe and sound. Did you get any breather moments or was it down pouring the entire time?

I had some great driving in the Smokies and down the Blue Ridge Parkway. I spent 1/2 a day a Deal's Gap and was not impressed - too crowded. Coming off the Blue Ridge I did hydroplane about 400 yards, down an exit ramp, across the 2 lane entrance ramp and on to the lawn of a hotel.

I found a happy hour and stayed there that day!

Home of the free - because of the brave

• I actually drove my SS for a couple months without a windshield. I didn't mind it too much I wear a full face helmet, definitely gives your neck a workout with the turbulence lol. After much research I went with the Madstad windshield and it is nice to be able to adjust it for the right amount of airflow. You wont be disappointed!