Slingshotinfo.com fast approaching one year new!

• I think to celebrate @Ivy@DDMWorks being the 1000 member @Dave@DDMWorks and @Jeff@DDMWorks should have a huge discount for for our members on our Anniversary!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

Well yep, that's how it works! Or maybe we could all meet up at Dairy Queen in an hour and @SlingRider could buy all of us a small ice cream cone. I know I would buy @SlingRider one.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• I am amazed how the forum is growing now. It seems to be growing faster the last couple of weeks than it has in the previous months. I guess it might be the upcoming event in Maggie Valley that is bringing some to the light.

I also think the word is out at dealerships. I know at Flatout they have the cards!!!!

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• I handed out 5 cards at the dealership today, plus gave the service girl about 10. Everyone loved my sling and had a ton of questions,...I just handed them cards and said.... You'll understand when you join, these guys are awesome and know more about a sling then Polaris :thumbup:

• So I am at Flatout in Indy and waiting to talk to the owner after dropping off my SS for swingarm recall. I am standing next to the slings he has in the showroom. I am listening to this dad and his college age son ask a few questions of the salesman. Needless to say, I could not take it any longer.
    I walked over and said, "No that is not exactly correct.." It is not a Polaris engine. The engine is a 2.4.... you know the rest. Then 10 minutes later after detailing out most of the sling info (all gleaned from my friends on the forum) I told the guy. You really need to stop asking questions and just test drive it. If you like it buy it, but in my opinion I would have the money ready.

He laughed and told the salesman to get the keys. I told him when he was done buying to come back and drive mine with the SC and I would point him to the MODs addiction. Then I looked at the salesman and said, "I get half of your commission on this one, read up before you sale the next one..."

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• So I am at Flatout in Indy and waiting to talk to the owner after dropping off my SS for swingarm recall. I am standing next to the slings he has in the showroom. I am listening to this dad and his college age son ask a few questions of the salesman. Needless to say, I could not take it any longer.
    I walked over and said, "No that is not exactly correct.." It is not a Polaris engine. The engine is a 2.4.... you know the rest. Then 10 minutes later after detailing out most of the sling info (all gleaned from my friends on the forum) I told the guy. You really need to stop asking questions and just test drive it. If you like it buy it, but in my opinion I would have the money ready.

He laughed and told the salesman to get the keys. I told him when he was done buying to come back and drive mine with the SC and I would point him to the MODs addiction. Then I looked at the salesman and said, "I get half of your commission on this one, read up before you sale the next one..."

No doubt in my mind that we as Slingshot rider/owners have individually sold more Slingshots than any individual salesman(politically incorrect) at the dealerships...

• I was hanging around the showroom talking with a salesman when a customer came in. So he asked me to take them out and show them my SS. I talked with them for about a hour gave them cards and just as I was ready to leave the wife says "ok you told us all this great stuff can you tell me anything bad"
    I thought about it for a minute and looked at her husband the said yes there is one thing your husband will most likely hate - Excessive Togetherness, you are going to enjoy it so much every time he looks over at the passengers seat you will be in it. Guys don't buy cool toys to drive around with there wives...
    As they walked back in her husband gave me the thumbs up behind his back.

I think it is a commonly used closer at the dealership

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• No doubt in my mind that we as Slingshot rider/owners have individually sold more Slingshots than any individual salesman(politically incorrect) at the dealerships...

Every time that I have been on the sales floor I have listened to salesman's trying to sell an SS that they know nothing about. At my dealership the salesman will intruduce the customers to me and I will answer the questions for them. Last week during bike week I passed out about 15 cards just at the dealership.

• Every time that I have been on the sales floor I have listened to salesman's trying to sell an SS that they know nothing about. At my dealership the salesman will intruduce the customers to me and I will answer the questions for them. Last week during bike week I passed out about 15 cards just at the dealership.

At the Chicago Bike Show 2016/2017 Joe from WI and I spent the entire weekend at Nielsen's Slingshot booth and talked sling 12 hours a day...
    no money changes hands but I don't have to wait in line for a SERVICE appointment. Flirt with the girls and pick on the guys...The sales staff are great people but between Joe and I we have almost 100,000 miles and we can talk Sling...and have fun...

• I agree with most about dealers/salesmen not knowing too much! Someone even posted a video awhile back of a dealer infomercial with horrible info...

And @MACAWS... What the heck was that? Excessive togetherness? <X

Should have been honest and said the MODS! They likely cause divorce if you don't really love your husband! :D:P

• I agree with most about dealers/salesmen not knowing too much! Someone even posted a video awhile back of a dealer infomercial with horrible info...

And @MACAWS... What the heck was that? Excessive togetherness? <X

Should have been honest and said the MODS! They likely cause divorce if you don't really love your husband! :D:P

@MiM I am a lucky guy... my wife lets me mod away without complaining - she enjoys the SS as much as I do... that is where the excessive togetherness thing comes in.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!