Anyone paid a cent after recall service?

• Coleman Powersporte where got my SS in Woodbridge sent me an email yesterday that the parts for all the recall service is available now at their shop and ask me to call in and schedule.

I was so excited at first until i see the attached PDF that shows all the parts they will replace and the estimated cost, i'm asssuming that labor is also not included in the price... My thinking is that THIS IS A RECALL WHICH MEANS POLARIS SHOULD PAY FOR EVERYTHING, parts and labor, so why am i being charge for their mistake?

Just wanted to see those who got their recall done if they paid anything or not.

• I did not pay a cent for anything that was done as part of the recalls. I did have the oil changed while it was at the dealer and I was charged for that, but I requested the service and knew I would be charged.

• that's what i figured.. i'm going in mad get my first oil change at 500 miles as well but i don't expect to pay anything for the recall..

did you guys also get an email like this and provided an estimated cost but never actually paid anything?

• No. My dealer called me and said all the parts were in and to bring my Sling in. There should not be any charge for any recall work. Polaris is paying the dealer for all parts and labor on recalls under warranty. If they are charging you call Polaris and report it.

• I would assume that is what the shop is charging, but Polaris should be picking up the bill. It may just be for your records/informational purposes. You should expect to pay nothing for recall work!

• Key Word here is "Recall" There is no charge for any of the Recall work, as mentioned you are seeing an invoice for their internal billing / paperwork you shouldn't have seen any charge whatsoever. I got a similar quote from a dealer but I had a ton of other stuff on there and they just made a mistake. Obviously I would clarify but if they try and charge for a penny look for another dealer and let Polaris know.

• Mine is at Coleman's right now. No charge, got the same PDF. Just to let me know what is being done. They are also changing the rear angle drive seal and taking care of some minor warranty issues. NO charge. Plus, they took it Friday, estimated same day, but needed some more time, so they worked it and I can't go get it until Wednesday, no problem, no storage charge. You'll be all right.

• I had to wait a little longer because mine is nuclear sunset orange. It took a while for the swingarm to come in. Dropped it off on the beginning of my vacation third week of January. Was dry on Monday rained the next 2 days picked it up Thursday evening with my son. It was 15 degrees below zero without windchill. Rode home in the dark 30 minute ride. The dealer even installed my extended hood brackets for me while it was in for the recall. Didn't pay a cent but I have bought a lot of machines from them. It was funny when I picked it up. They hadn't test drove it and wouldn't let me take it till they did. So the service manager threw on a helmet took it a mile down the road and back froze his ass off and said ok your good to go. But you shouldn't pay anything. But if you have yours in its definitely a good time to address all issues with them. Because if your like me and have all 4 recalls done they will be looking at about every area of the SS and can fix or tweek anything you have issues with.