Electric SS (Well sort of)

• Range Sux...80 to 100 with 6+ hour recharge. The upper lateral suspension is awful. The weight is excessive for not having an engine. At 2200 lbs it can't be classed as a motorcycle and it doesn't qualify (D.O.T. wise) as an automobile. Price is ridiculous given the poor specs.
    Think if you took the engine and gas tank out a Slingshot and replaced with electric motor and Lithium batteries, you should be able to break even on cost, weight and maybe even price.
    I think there's a market for what they are trying to accomplish BUT the specs needed will be 200 mile range, 1700 lbs or less and south of 25K.

• Friends of ours got that BMW electric. It's nice but not what they paid for it. Only an 80 mile range. And in the winter the cold plays hell on the batteries they only drive it in the winter on short drives or when the weather's above 40.

• Is that really 65000.00 or 6500.00.

If 65000.00 is the number then it's never going to sell.. I can't even fathom that much money for that type of vehicle.

I think batteries and electric motors are the future. However right now they either have to be accompanied by an engine to charge the batteries or they have to rapid charge by using 110volts AC and that doesn't exist.. I'm see no promising future in companies like Tesla or any of the ALL ELECTRIC vehicles until batteries get a lot better. Batteries are 1000000 times better than they were 10 years ago. So their is hope. But not right now...

• Is that really 65000.00 or 6500.00.

If 65000.00 is the number then it's never going to sell.. I can't even fathom that much money for that type of vehicle.

I think batteries and electric motors are the future. However right now they either have to be accompanied by an engine to charge the batteries or they have to rapid charge by using 110volts AC and that doesn't exist.. I'm see no promising future in companies like Tesla or any of the ALL ELECTRIC vehicles until batteries get a lot better. Batteries are 1000000 times better than they were 10 years ago. So their is hope. But not right now...

Or a real long extension cord

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I can make a light weight top for it..... :D
    For a 65K ride I'll only charge $3500 for it. If they are willing to through that much money away for it than they will be perfectly OK paying way more for the top than its worth.. 8o

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Yea, but in the video he says it is a motorcycle classification.. I wonder if there is a bit of confusion between the stats and what they will sell..

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• Yea, but in the video he says it is a motorcycle classification.. I wonder if there is a bit of confusion between the stats and what they will sell..

That was my thought as well. They flat out stated it will be classified as a motorcycle. Which is what lead me to question the weight.

• I saw this on FB or on the dark side...I am not impressed for the money. Honestly right now I am waiting and hoping that the Sondors 3 wheeled car gets built. I don't mind having 3 wheeled vehicles...I love it in fact. Now to just get a barn so I can park them all in there and create a personal museum. lol

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...