Report your current weather here.

• SoCal - - - now that the shock is wearing off and you know that in the end this is all going to pass and everything will be okay - I just want to throw this out there

If you have EVER been thinking about getting one of the quad conversion kits - - now might be the time to go for it.

I know its something I would at least consider if could get insurance to cover a big enough chunk of the cost so I figured I would throw it out there.

Either way you need to get that thing back on the road - - sooner or later we still need to hookup for a ride and lunch - - - - after this Covid crap passes and your back on the road - - - - - it will happen

So - - anyway, just want to say again that I thank God that both you and your wife are okay - - This is the kind of truly important thing that puts everything else in proper perspective

Anyway - You guy have a great Christmas - and know that God is always smiling down on you - perhaps this is just His way of helping you find a quad kit under the tree this year :evil:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Someone had mentioned to me in the past that when you call for a flatbed you need to get one that can handle the Corvette. I asked this of the driver and he said all the new AAA flatbeds are equipped with some kind of low feature where they can tow any car now without issues. Watching my front spoiler drag over the curb when it was being pulled up was one of those things you just have to grimace and let it happen. The area we were in was country to say the least and I’m grateful for having a cell signal. Also Google maps to show where we were was a great help.

Still on my first cuppa coffee this morning and I’m sure I will digest more on this later. I’ll kinds of emotions going through my head right now. Mostly just grateful.

Thank you all for the well wishes they are very much appreciated. We truly are a community here and in unfortunate times as well as good ones it really shows thank you

Yes - the only time I needed a tow I told the gal at AAA it was lower than a Vette and the truck they sent had the ability to break at a hinged point 2 or 3 feet in from the end of the bed allowing it to get much lower that a traditional flat bed - - these days there seem to be many different cars on the road that are very low so its nice to hear that this is becoming a common thing with the flat bed tow trucks

As a side note I also carry a small folding set of wrenches with me that I specifically starting carrying just in case I ever needed to pull the front off to get the sling on tow truck - - hope I never have to do it, but its so easy to get the front off (4 bolts each side) that it just seemed like a good idea to have the tools on hand

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

• Edward Neal Thank you! The good Lord is always watching over me/us, we are good friends. With my traffic ticket a month or so ago and now this and a header on the way which will more than likely stay in the box, I do believe God has gotten my attention. Time to tap the brakes a little bit around here.

As far as the quad kit goes everybody has their cup of tea but that one is not mine. I want this ol girl put back together the way she was so we can pick up where we left off.

My beautiful wife has been very gracious with her lack of criticism however I did get the “I’m only gonna say this once” talk this morning.

I want the sling back in the garage, Paula wants a jeep to go off roading - this incident has certainly opened up a Pandora’s box.😐

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• SoCal glad there were no injuries. When the steering locked up and I hit the ditch and did the flat 180 spin in the air I was lucky. There was no frame damage but it took about $5,000 labor and parts to put it back together. I paid that bill up front for the parts, so I was only out of the Sling for a little over 2 months. This was when it took forever just to get parts from Polaris. It took 4 months just to get the money from the insurance. If I had not paid up front it would have been at least 6 months to get the Sling back on the road.

yeah I got a feeling there’s gonna be an empty spot in the garage for a while now. What all broke on yours anyway? When I spoke to Malcolm Smith Motorsports and I told him my preference was to get it back but I wanted it cherry. They said they wouldn’t give it back unless it was so we shall see

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• SoCal, I dont post much anymore with everything that has happened here with the family but I try to hit the forum everyday for a quick look. Had to post to say I am very grateful that you both are ok and very sorry for your Sling getting dinged up. Hope all goes well for you and she is back to your better that she left.

• yeah I got a feeling there’s gonna be an empty spot in the garage for a while now. What all broke on yours anyway? When I spoke to Malcolm Smith Motorsports and I told him my preference was to get it back but I wanted it cherry. They said they wouldn’t give it back unless it was so we shall see

Just the black plastic on the right front and all of the stuff on the front along with the radiator ( it was bent but not leaking) and of course the steering rack, I told them the original rack was not going back in even if I had to buy it. If you want to speed things up give them the money to order the parts as soon as they write the est. It just might save you 2 months or more on getting your Sling back.

• SoCal , exharleyrider is the one that let my bride and I take his Sling for a spin when we flew down to Huntsville to the SOG homecoming. Of course we ran into rain. Of course I didn't have our rain gear with us. We ducked into the Harley dealership near the Polaris plant where they were having their own rally to wait it out and made exactly no friends. Good times!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Edward Neal Thank you! The good Lord is always watching over me/us, we are good friends. With my traffic ticket a month or so ago and now this and a header on the way which will more than likely stay in the box, I do believe God has gotten my attention. Time to tap the brakes a little bit around here.

As far as the quad kit goes everybody has their cup of tea but that one is not mine. I want this ol girl put back together the way she was so we can pick up where we left off.

My beautiful wife has been very gracious with her lack of criticism however I did get the “I’m only gonna say this once” talk this morning.

I want the sling back in the garage, Paula wants a jeep to go off roading - this incident has certainly opened up a Pandora’s box.😐

I have to say, that if I couldn't have a slingshot a nice soft top 2 door wrangler would probably be my next choice - had one back in the early 90's and much like my slingshot the top was never on

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

• Been snowing all day! About 5” so far. Only bad part is it’s 32 right now and dropping to 17 tonight. Will be ice in the morning when I have to take Patti to Fayettville to get her Covid test at 7:00 am. We will go back Tuesday morning for her surgery. Clearing Monday afternoon and snow/ice again Monday night. Good thing my other vehicle is a Jeep!

• One more thing, I strongly suggest that you guys keep your slings in one piece and ride them often. Otherwise there’s an empty place in your garage and you end up doing honeydo’s on Sundays😫

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Been snowing all day! About 5” so far. Only bad part is it’s 32 right now and dropping to 17 tonight. Will be ice in the morning when I have to take Patti to Fayettville to get her Covid test at 7:00 am. We will go back Tuesday morning for her surgery. Clearing Monday afternoon and snow/ice again Monday night. Good thing my other vehicle is a Jeep!

Hope all goes well... keep us posted :crossed_fingers_medium_light_skin_tone:

Snow and Ice and Jeep be careful.... Don't care about the Jeep but we all love Patti.