European SS newbie

• Hi, my name is Philip, and I'm from Belgium, Europe.

Don't know if there are other Europeans here, if so I would be very happy to hear from them.
    And from the non-Europeans ass well of course :)

I've been crazy about this trike (and the Campagna T-Rex with the Aero 3-s kit) since it came out and was planning on importing a used one. But the hassle of getting the homologation to get it legaly on the road over here kinda hold me back.

Last month I heard they were available in Europe so I just had to check it out in person.

Contacted the importer and they hooked me up with a dealer for a testride.

Took some pics of it, sorry but its a standard SS

The SS was nice to drive but at first I must admit that I was a bit dissapointed. I thought it would be faster, more or less the bike feeling for acceleration but that wasn't it.
    It was nothing compared to my bike.

And also slower than my car I think

BUT the way it drove, the feeling of the road was impressive. I didn't wear a helmet so it was comfortable to drive till about 60mph (90km/h). To me it didn't felt like it wanted to be raced, not asking for high speeds. Just to relax and enjoy the cruizing.

PERFECT for my wife, since she doesn't like speed, hates my bike for being WAY TO DANGEROUS and doesn't even dare to be a passenger on it. Think she will like to ride (or co-ride) this thing, and I'm sure my kids will love it too. She gave me thumbs up to get one if the bike goes out. Don't know if I'm going that route because I have no idea what the bike is still worth. Maybe better just to keep it in the garage.

The purchase will be somewhere early next year. Season now is over, winter is coming, so I am thinking about feb - march. Just to have it ready for the summer.
    Of course it will be painted, or wrapped, to match the other things in the garage. Yellow/black is my color :)

I've done a lot of modding to the mustang, both cosmetic and performance, so the SS isn't going to stay stock for long. For now only cosmetic changes to the SS, no serious performance. Went that way with the stang and had a lot of bad luck with it (Engine blew, transmission fail, ...) so it costed a lot of money.

Thats why I now only wanna change the looks!

I already bought a lot of goodies that are already on their way. Better have it laying around ready to install than waiting for it when the SS is in.
    I'm a sucker for lights and leds :p

My stangs headlights are completly costumized with sequential direction lights, halo's, rgb, ... Did it all my self so i'm not afraid to open things up.
    Next thing for the SS will be some seat covers and a rear illuminated windshield.

I will also be looking for the USA look with the 2 center foglights. Here we have the Canadian version with the 2 outer lights and it just doesn't look that good.

That's it I guess. If there are any questions feel free to ask!!

• Very nice Philip. You and the mods for the SS will keep you busy for awhile.
    I like yellow too.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• Thanks for the welcoms :)

Welcome and yes Yellow is the color to have

KZ1: That is one good looking SS!! Is that some kind of bodykit? Where can I find more pics of it?

Welcome, as long as you don't post any pics of ya in a speedo Im good with the European :00008172:

BONES: lol, no need to worrie about that buddy ;)

Do you have bad experience with speedo's? You can throw your problem in the group and maybe we can help you with your trauma :p

Welcome Philip
    Looks like your first mods will be to increase horse power!

MACAWS: Def NOT, that will be one of the last things I plan on doing :)

• @philip_mustang you also need to look into some better shocks if you have a lot of curvy roads your way, makes the driving experience a whole lot better, I'm running QA-1's and I love them

I don't think Belgium is known for hilly or curvy roads, but for him it is not far to go to the French, Swiss, Italian, or German Alps. 8 maybe 10 hours, like we drive to GA, FL, and so on. Distances are different in Europa.00008356.gif

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• Welcome Philip. You'll enjoy it. If you want the power, stick a turbo or supercharger in that sucker and you'll have no problem keeping up with your other toys. They're readily available from several reputable vendors here.

• Welcome Philip. You'll enjoy it. If you want the power, stick a turbo or supercharger in that sucker and you'll have no problem keeping up with your other toys. They're readily available from several reputable vendors here.

In YOUR case, a more accurate choice of words would be to say they're "free"ly available... :thumbsup::00008172:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Hi, my name is Philip, and I'm from Belgium, Europe.

Welcome to the club Philip!

I have to say, I am jealous of you right now. I've been asked, "What would you do if you've won the Lotto" And since I have purchased the Slingshot, my new answer is buy a new SS and take it over to Europe and spend the summer driving over there. When the last night occurs, and the Valet gets the keys for the night, he gets to keep them.

Damn I would love to experience the Sling over there.

Mod it out, lord knows there is power to be had under the hood. If play money is available, go for the V8. Talk with Turbosling for more info about that, or check out the Alpha Powersports website.