Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• DER looks like you had a great day! I cannot say I have seen your ride from this angle and your belt cover caught My eye. Can’t say I’ve seen one like that before. I like the lines on it!

It's from SSV Works. Don't know if it's still available.

• I thought about getting one of those monkeys. They look like a blast. Reminds me of the smaller dirt bikes when I was a kid. Would love to see a pic of the bike after the add-on's. Are they at home on dirt trails?

Here ya’ go Sir. Forgot to take a pic with just the luggage rack & no bag strapped on…

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Nice set-up. Perfict bike for a blast to the post office or to pick up a grocery short list. Still very much interested in picking one up. I grew up in the coal mine region of central PA. I could throw that thing in the pickup and go exploring some of the fire & mining roads of my youth. My brother still lives in that area. I'm going to send a pic of the monkey to see if he bits. I went up to a hunting cabin last week in my old stomping area. Over 100 acers. Did some fishing and target shooting. I don't get that chance in Jersey. Had some fun target shooting with tannerite.

• Just out for a little ride and to gas up for a trip to dealer for oil change and check up.

First wave I got was from a new Vette and several motorcycle guys in the area know me and the Slingshot.

EjFord I won't be going anywhere in my Slingshot for a while. I was rear ended 5/20/21 on my way to visit my wife in the hospital. My dealer informed me that if the frame is bent it would have to be totaled. The sad part is it is a limited edition that cannot be replaced. I had just installed Paddle Shifters and had the Transmission re programed.

• EjFord I won't be going anywhere in my Slingshot for a while. I was rear ended 5/20/21 on my way to visit my wife in the hospital. My dealer informed me that if the frame is bent it would have to be totaled. The sad part is it is a limited edition that cannot be replaced. I had just installed Paddle Shifters and had the Transmission re programed.

Can't like that post but glad you're ok.

• EjFord I won't be going anywhere in my Slingshot for a while. I was rear ended 5/20/21 on my way to visit my wife in the hospital. My dealer informed me that if the frame is bent it would have to be totaled. The sad part is it is a limited edition that cannot be replaced. I had just installed Paddle Shifters and had the Transmission re programed.

canegrinder So sorry to hear that! Hope your wife is ok too! Talk about double jeopardy!

I went through this in Dec 2020. If the dealer puts down the word "frame" in my experience it is done. The insurance company will total it. If you repair it and have faith in it you will have a branded title and you will have a SS that at best is worth 1/2 of its real value. If you try to sell it someday expect to have a difficult time doing it and at a very discounted price.

Get a list of all the goodies you put on it and the receipts if you can. Make sure you stay close with the adjuster as Ya this is their business but few have a clue about the SS and will just price it out as stock. In my experience I went back and forth ( in a nice way ) and pushed for a greater value. All the "candy" they said NO to I was lucky to have a dealer that said " there she is - go strip what you want". And I did. Things like carbon fiber add ons and dress up comes off with a heat gun and if you add it up it is substantial! They won't pay for it or add it to the value - Get with your dealer and get it back!

The things they did add value to you take a hit for it but it does add to their $ to you so let them have it. If you want some of it back be sure to ask what salvage yard it is going to and be the first one there....

Hope this helps you out and so sorry to hear of your troubles!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Man you ok for sure? They get you on Blanding? How is the wife doing also. I hate to drive on Blanding a young girl ran a red light and hit me hard. You need anything let me know.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• SoCal Thanks for all the information. I am going to try and buy it back from the insurance company if it is totaled and try to part it out.

• @canegrinder You are welcome that what friends are fore. You are right those are some nice looking wheels someone will want those forsure. If that top would have matched mine I would buy it. Not sure what it would cost to get a top painted.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

I do have a friend (just one) who might be interested in buying the unit if the insurance wants to total it. keep me informed. He is also in the La Porte, IN area.