Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• Took the SS on a tour of the solar system.

OK, so maybe not the "Actual" solar system, but a scale model built and maintained by the University of Maine. The Sun is at their Presque Isle campus and Pluto is at the visitor center in Houlton.

https://pages.umpi.edu/nmms/solar/

"Scale 1:93,000,000

At forty miles (64.4 km) from Pluto to Sun, the largest complete three-dimensional scale model of the Solar System in the World."

Only have pics of the 3 largest planets. the rest were maybe golfball size and wouldn't show in the pic. and the sun takes up 2 floor inside Folsham Hall, and I Couldn't get my SS inside the building, pics are with Mars, Saturn and Uranus

• Just finished up the Poconos Rally. Weather was BEAUTIFUL to go along with fantastic scenery. But as usual gettin to see all my buddies was the best....

Been missin my Shatneyman - him and his Sling are doing GREAT !!

Of course my lite man Vern

My favorite German

Scott for putting on a great event

The Three Musketeers

And lastly my bride for not bitchin at me ...much :00008172:

Can’t tell all you guys how good it is to be back in the saddle!! Headed to NYC tomorrow - got more buddies to meet on the trail !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Hey Bill good to see you and Angie out enjoying life again and thanks for the update on

Shatneyman , been wondering how he's doing. Good to see him doing well also :)

• Yesterday we drove to Rochester MN around 120 miles to meet up with some friends and stay the night... This was our first over night trip! Country Inn and Suites Rochester South is VERY Slingshot friendly! They encouraged us to park under their awning for the night, I even gave a couple of their employees a ride!!

I had a chance to use our Master Lock Handcuffs, and they really worked very well by cranking the steering and connecting from the steering wheel to the frame tube on the drivers side.

We only saw 2 slingshots on our way home today.

Got pretty decent mileage considering we bucked a wind both directions.

• followed my GPS up a 7.6 mile dead end road.

ended up at the 6,288' summit of Mt Washington in NH,

the back of my sling now has the "this bike climbed Mt Washington" sticker on it

and I found another covered bridge on the road to Sunday River ski resort on the way back.

• Get pictures to Ross for the 2020 calendar 2020slingshotcalendar@gmail.com

• Looked for you but missed you! Mt. Washington climb was awesome!

No... that’s “Ducati Boy” who rode with us!

• I had a CB500 Honda that I cafe’ed back in 1975 and ran the wheels off of it on the Kancamagus - beautiful country! Thanks for taking me back!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I had a CB500 Honda that I cafe’ed back in 1975 and ran the wheels off of it on the Kancamagus - beautiful country! Thanks for taking me back!

the Kancamagus is a fantastic 2 wheel ride. I've done it many time.

I hate to admit it, but my 1st time up mt Washington was 43 years ago and it was mostly a narrow gravel road to the top. now it's widened, paved and even has lines painted on it. Where's the challenge? I spent most of the trip down smelling people's overheating brakes, cause they couldn't figure out how to put their expensive cars in low.

• Wow! Looks like you had great weather going up! Sadly I have never gone up Mt Washingtion. I do remember seeing the 'ol man of the mountain when he was still around. I skied Gunstock as a kid - :)

Enjoy your rides as much as you can! The Famers Almanac says you all are gunna get hammered this year:(

• Wow! Looks like you had great weather going up! Sadly I have never gone up Mt Washingtion. I do remember seeing the 'ol man of the mountain when he was still around. I skied Gunstock as a kid - :)

Enjoy your rides as much as you can! The Famers Almanac says you all are gunna get hammered this year:(

I kept watch on the Observatories webpage and when they reported 100 mile visibility, I knew it was time.

this winter can't be any worse then last year. we had a season total of 12 feet of snow and broke a record for 167 consecutive days of at least 1" of snow on the ground. that 5 1/2 months of the nasty white stuff. Wondering how the SS would handle with a set of studded snows on it :/

• I kept watch on the Observatories webpage and when they reported 100 mile visibility, I knew it was time.

this winter can't be any worse then last year. we had a season total of 12 feet of snow and broke a record for 167 consecutive days of at least 1" of snow on the ground. that 5 1/2 months of the nasty white stuff. Wondering how the SS would handle with a set of studded snows on it :/

Was brought up in NH - sorry but do not miss the winters!

th.jpeg

• Spent the day with Bubblehead and his lovely bride showing me all the beautiful backroads of N & S Carolina ....

I’ve said it before, I’m sayin it now, and will continue to say I am humbled by all the folks that have opened their homes, brought us into their families, and shown an unparalleled kindness from coast to coast. These crazy machines and you have truly given me a second and even third shot at life and I will be eternally grateful that I am a part of our Slingshot Family !! As the kids say - “You guys are the absolute bomb” 😃