Where Did You Take Your Slingshot Today?

• Great pics MiM That's a good looking ride. I'm curious where you got those thin LED lights that are mounted in your splitter? Were they easy to install?

I bought them on ebay actually... Just searched for led switchbacks drl and picked a style I liked. They have 3 wires and needed a relay to get them going, tapping into the turn signals. They are white and then blink amber with turn signal.

• Come on down but if you want to change things, GO BACK TO WHERE YOU CAME FROM. Beer time is any time and anywhere. I use to go to car shows in Evansville Ind., I always started drinking on my time not there's

The only thing I would want to change is the SC carry laws! I'm a lifetime Indiana carry, and have taken several classes including the Utah carry permit for someone out of their state. I have 37 state carry, not good enough for SC....

Other than that, I love pretty much everything about the south!

• The only thing I would want to change is the SC carry laws! I'm a lifetime Indiana carry, and have taken several classes including the Utah carry permit for someone out of their state. I have 37 state carry, not good enough for SC....

Other than that, I love pretty much everything about the south!

I did not know that. I have not checked lately but I think we can carry in all but like 12 states

• FunCycle I'm sure they don't like Indiana laws on lifetime carry. If you haven't committed a felony, you likely can get one here. Utah is a bit more cautious, but they don't actually "test" in that form. The "test", I aced, but the instructor isn't obligated to grade it other than looking at it. He said I aced the questions, and wondered why I even bothered taking the class. I told him that Indiana wasn't recognized in most all other states, but that was a few years ago. Now Indiana is recognized in about 30 states, but at that time, only a handful.

• I know it was a real pisser when we went on our trip to the NE last year.We were gonna be in New York, New Jersey and you can’t even carry the in your car. Not likely to ever go back. I wish they would pass a federal gun carry law to make make it the same in all states. That way if you are traveling thru one of these anti 2nd Amendment states you do not have to leave your firearm at home. I know it’s just wishful thinking but we can dream 😂

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• What do you carry?

Looking at Ruger ec9s or sr22.

I know, totally different hitting power.

This is a Walther PPQ 9mm (15+1) in a Craft shoulder holster (horizontal draw). It conceals very nicely under any jacket or riding vest. Quick to draw from, secure with a relatively snug fit & thumb break snap.

Have worn this rig at work, at play, in the Sling (yes, I have a permit for all that). No one has twigged to it yet. Ordered a nice light-weight wool vest (1 size up) that works excellently.

http://www.craftholsters.com if you are interested.

Rig was about $100. Ordered another vertical roto-holster for my Ruger LC9S (7+1). This one let's me carry the smaller pistol vertically for better concealment, when you release the thumb break, the pistol holster rotates for a horizontal draw. Not as fast, but VERY discreet. Also around $100.

Very pleased with both products. It's not just what you carry, but how well you can BOTH conceal and deploy that counts!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• I know it was a real pisser when we went on our trip to the NE last year.We were gonna be in New York, New Jersey and you can’t even carry the in your car. Not likely to ever go back. I wish they would pass a federal gun carry law to make make it the same in all states. That way if you are traveling thru one of these anti 2nd Amendment states you do not have to leave your firearm at home. I know it’s just wishful thinking but we can dream 😂

I would like to respectfully disagree with you counselor. We don't need or even want a "federal gun carry law". You see if the government gives you the permission to do something they can later retract that permission. They were never given the authority to regulate firearms at all. They just did it and everyone went along with it. What we want and need is Constitutional Carry. The 2nd amendment says that the right to keep and bear arms "shall not be infringed". Just so you understand my position on the 2nd amendment and firearms I believe that you should be able to own any firearm that you can afford barring NONE. I'm probably the most pro 2nd amendment L.E.O. that you'll ever meet.

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868

• I would like to respectfully disagree with you counselor. We don't need or even want a "federal gun carry law". You see if the government gives you the permission to do something they can later retract that permission. They were never given the authority to regulate firearms at all. They just did it and everyone went along with it. What we want and need is Constitutional Carry. The 2nd amendment says that the right to keep and bear arms "shall not be infringed". Just so you understand my position on the 2nd amendment and firearms I believe that you should be able to own any firearm that you can afford barring NONE. I'm probably the most pro 2nd amendment L.E.O. that you'll ever meet.

I agree with you 100% - your wishful thinking is way better than mine. Sadly I can’t foresee either one of our dreams ever making it to reality. I officially withdraw my wish and join your wish. Ya won me over :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Bodyguard 380

Which one.....I traded in my original BG 380 that had the red laser dot that you had to press a button to activate , for the new BG 380 with the green laser Dot that activates as soon as you grab the grip and also has a nice led flash suppressor.....allowing you to activate the laser dot or flash light (independent of each other on none at all if you choose to)

Started learning in my 40s that my vision wouldn't remain 2020 for ever and once glasses were entered into my life I switched all my firearms to ones with lasers, to hell with front sight/ rear sight alignment ..... I'm placing a dot on your azz, if need be !

CORRECTION .....my MP9mm is the one with the green laser & flash light surpressor , my BG 380 has the green laser dot only......and they both activate as soon as you grip them b4 you even unholster.....

• What do you carry?

Looking at Ruger ec9s or sr22.

I know, totally different hitting power.

While both are really decent, and the one that you will carry is the best one for you, see below.

Bodyguard 380

That's what I have also. Laser sight, first generation with the button you have to push (left or right side) for the laser to appear. I don't live in an area that has crime like a 7-11 in LA. If I did, this would be my backup weapon. My main would be a leather shoulder harnessed setup, with two mags on the right, and my Kimber .45 ACP with laser (in grip, as soon as I grab it, it comes on) on the left. I have that setup, if needed. I might even have an American Arms .22 Magnum in my pocket, in case I still needed something. Yep, that might also be here.

I carry on my ankle. Not as easy to get to, but easy to conceal. In my area (at least as I write this) I just want to have something if I should need it. Likely that I would be in a "convenience" store, and I would see someone attempting to rob it. No way I would confront that, unless there were lives at stake. I would crouch down, retrieve my weapon and magazine when and if possible, and wait to see what happens. But I digress....

I also carry an extended round mag in my pocket. 10 rounds, and it extends the grip. I'd have it on the carry, but it extends enough that it shows. Makes it easier to shoot though. I have two of them here, got one for my wife also. She got her lifetime, but didn't follow up on classes yet. She doesn't carry at this time (yet), but she has the license and could if she wanted/needed to. I haven't broken it in yet, that will be a time for her to practice and learn....

• Yes sir I too keep mags in my cars and each bike, fully loaded of course and mostly carry on my ankle also along with my ankle holster for extra mags for the 380 , giving me 3 mags in total.....after my 20 yr career in law enforcement I can honestly say I've seen it all and I try to be prepared for anything ........