Going to be away for a while - Hopefully to return

• Just in case any of you don't see your daily chuckles from me for a while, I just wanted to let you know I won't be posting anything for a while. Hoping things go as planned, I will be back in a couple of weeks tops. Wednesday morning I'm going to check into the hospital early for a 5 hour back surgery. I've put this off way too long and the pain has gotten to the point that even on the fairly high dose of opioids, the pain was too much to deal with. Walking and even just standing too long was out of the question. My surgeon has fully explained what he's going to do and it's going to be the first of potentially 3 back surgeries I'll need to return to a manageable level of pain, but more importantly, to a better quality of life. I have spinal stenosis and there are nerves being compromised at three levels and potentially only one disc that needs to be resectioned, All this to go along with opening up the spinal column space to give the spinal chord more room and to restore some degree of normal function.

So if all goes well, I should be home within a week, but probably not going to too comfortable sitting on a chair for too long. Not looking forward to ths whole ordeal, but really looking forward to having some improvement to start 2024 with some much needed hope for a better quality of life. I'm looking forward to being able to ride a bike again (or at least ride a trike) but I've accepted the fact that my riding days MAY be over if this surgery doesn't improve my condition. Sorry for the long post, but it could be the last one for a while.

Hope you all have a Merry Christmas and a safe and Happy New Year

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Funinthesun

Changed the title of the thread from “Going to be away for a while - Hpefully to return” to “Going to be away for a while - Hopefully to return”.
  • Just in case any of you don't see your daily chuckles from me for a while, I just wanted to let you know I won't be posting anything for a while. Hoping things go as planned, I will be back in a couple of weeks tops. Wednesday morning I'm going to check into the hospital early for a 5 hour back surgery. I've put this off way too long and the pain has gotten to the point that even on the fairly high dose of opioids, the pain was too much to deal with. Walking and even just standing too long was out of the question. My surgeon has fully explained what he's going to do and it's going to be the first of potentially 3 back surgeries I'll need to return to a manageable level of pain, but more importantly, to a better quality of life. I have spinal stenosis and there are nerves being compromised at three levels and potentially only one disc that needs to be resectioned, All this to go along with opening up the spinal column space to give the spinal chord more room and to restore some degree of normal function.

So if all goes well, I should be home within a week, but probably not going to too comfortable sitting on a chair for too long. Not looking forward to ths whole ordeal, but really looking forward to having some improvement to start 2024 with some much needed hope for a better quality of life. I'm looking forward to being able to ride a bike again (or at least ride a trike) but I've accepted the fact that my riding days MAY be over if this surgery doesn't improve my condition. Sorry for the long post, but it could be the last one for a while.

Best to you brother....as I sit here having had 4 back surgeries...(none as severe as yours). Take your time with the recovery and once you are able to start rehab and focus on core exercises.... Merry Christmas... and most certainly a much better and happier New Year.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

Wish you well with surgery and healing ....See you when you return...Make best of your Holidays !!!!

• I will be praying that all goes well.

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year, and speedy recovery to you sir!

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

• My surgeon has fully explained what he's going to do and it's going to be the first of potentially 3 back surgeries I'll need to return to a manageable level of pain, but more importantly, to a better quality of life.

My hope for you is this is finally the procedure that will reduce that devastating pain you deal with daily.

I see it on your face, and realize one thing.....

You are one rugged SOB that has a passion for life and won't let the pain stand in your way.

But you have hit the wall and deserve better my friend.

My sources tell me you are going to finally get this relief you have been chasing.

You were the first Slingshot owner, and this family of enthusiasts has your back with positive thoughts and prayer.

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• I know how you feel and I will be to the same point one day. Even washing the car leaves me in pain for three or four days but we cannot give up. On my back surgery in 2005 the doctor told me that this would just be a continuing problem. I hope the surgery goes well and you have a quick recovery.

• Phil / Funinthesun I have never had to deal with chronic/severe pain and can only imagine what you are going through. I sincerely hope you find relief and get back to a normal state of being. Prayers to you and of course you'll be back. Peace brother!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• You will be in my prayers. I have a horse in this race also. After having both knees replaced this year my back is next. I will be following your recovery. Doing your physical therapy as much as I some tines hurts is the key to recovery.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• We'll be praying for a successful surgery and speedy recovery!!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Phil, you got this brother👍 I had neck surgery 4 yrs ago and the thought of what they were doing and the pain I would be in for a few weeks after were frightening and played on my brain. Would I do it again……… yes I am in less pain and life has returned to somewhat normal. Knowing you are a crusty old fucker you wont let this setback take you down and before long you will be out telling lies and shooting the shit with us again. All the best my friend and you will be in our thoughts.

• Gee, thansk Tom. I was feeling pretty good about it knowing I'd have to deal with the pain of a neck surgery in the future. NOW after hearing how much pain you had, I think I'll pass on that one and just do the knee and then hip and hopefully call it quits at that

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE