10 GB PHONE

• soo i had to laugh and cry at the same time...my step son has this family cellphone plan with so called unusable GB,,about 10 gb i guess from what i hear,,,well his daughter is out of school now.....11yr old..with her cell phone glued to her ear i assume,,and now lots of time...BECAUSE...she used ALL the 10 GB from this family plan....i almost died.....holy crap....whats wrong with the parents today.WTH!!! :( so sad......ohh well its his issue not mine....

• we have had to really buckle down on our daughter. She doesn't talk or text really but loves the streaming ability. Making sure she uses WiFi when ever available has been the hard part. Your son can also put restrictions in her phone but I'm sure they already have after this. For the kid it is easy to do when you have no idea of the cost or required work to earn the use. This generation will grow up thinking it's a right and not a privilege that you work to get. Soon it will be a political talking point and how evil telecommunication corporations are denying you your human rights .

Off the soap box now .

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Sprint unlimited plan was the only way I got my son (now in college) and daughter (still in HS) covered with no issues. But then neither of them had a phone with a data plan until they were in middle school. Connecting to WIFI is an option when its available but that's not always possible. I have always thought even the idea of limited data plans from carriers were idiotic in the first place.

Neither of my daughters had a smart phone until they could pay for one themselves ...talk and text only, even that was monitored ....

The answer is setting rules and sticking to them ...not changing your plan to accommodate their excess ... IMO nobody does their kids any good using that mindset...

Our youngest is so cheap she waited until this year, after graduating college, internship, and being hired into to a lab full time before she left our family plan ... now has her first smart phone at 23 confused-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I can go thru 10 gig before lunch some days. :cool: :p

I actually don't use a lot on my phone. I'm usually surrounded by wifi. Most places that I work have fiber connections that have pretty much all the bandwidth that you can handle.

I cut my daughter's data off the other day because she hit 7.8gb in 15 days. It took her exactly 5 minutes to call me complaining. I was just reminding her who controls the spigot where data comes from!

• 10GB only would work for me on the Tmobile network. Since they don't include music streaming or Video streaming in their Data count, it keeps my numbers looking low. Last 4-6 months if you include music and video streaming, I am over 25GB a month. But according to Tmobile I only use about 3GB a month.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Yall will be happy to know that this site compresses everything before it sends it. Most sites do. I can tell you that this one does the best job I have ever seen. It has never acted slow for me unless my phone had bad cell coverage.

Let me know if anyone is experiencing any delay from the actual site. I can't help it if your Internet connection is slow.. :thumbup:

• By the way, at home I have a 18x5 connection. At my offices most run around 100meg x 40meg.

@MACAWS how is that satellite working out for ya. :D:D:D:):)

Hey rabtech sorry it took so long to reply but the page just downloaded. satellite sucks............. but I have no choice - to far from the CO for a dedicated line / cell service is non existent and cellular card I my lap top doesn't even see a weak signal - no fiber on this side of the lake. Funny thing is I just bought a cabin on the very top of a mountain in NC and it has fiber available. My cell phone works great and my cellular card in my lap top works just fine. Go figure...

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• This sounds good but it is shortsighted to assume every teen with a data plan is either using all of that data for purely social reasons or is up to no good.

My son is into technology. I know exactly what he was using all of that data for and because he knows tech has not only made a lot of money from his side businesses, since he entered the 7th grade, but will be graduating from college in three years with a bachelors in computer science. He has been working as a developer for a startup from his dorm room for the last two years making $25 per hour for 20 hours a week while taking an accelerated class schedule.

Maybe he is the exception but I am proud to say I enabled his "bad" habits of heavy data use.

• Will also add. The reason college is a breeze is he already knows more than most of his professors (or should I say already knows the information in the level of class being taken) and was self taught. How you might ask? More waking hours learning on the web than sleeping and doing this no matter where he was located. Grandma and grandpa still do not have the internet so while with them cellular data was his only option. And that startup? Already offered him a job when he graduates. Starting pay is just under six figures. Connectivity can be a great thing.

• This sounds good but it is shortsighted to assume every teen with a data plan is either using all of that data for purely social reasons or is up to no good.

My son is into technology. I know exactly what he was using all of that data for and because he knows tech has not only made a lot of money from his side businesses, since he entered the 7th grade, but will be graduating from college in three years with a bachelors in computer science. He has been working as a developer for a startup from his dorm room for the last two years making $25 per hour for 20 hours a week while taking an accelerated class schedule.

Maybe he is the exception but I am proud to say I enabled his "bad" habits of heavy data use.

Will also add. The treason college ois a breeze is he already knows more than most of his professors and was self taught. How you might ask? More waking hours learning on the web than sleeping and doing this no matter where he was located. Grandma and grandpa still do not have the internet so while with them cellular data was his only option. And that startup? Already offered him a job when he graduates. Starting pay is just under six figures. Connectivity can be a great thing.

You sir assume a lot with your "shortsighted" comment ..... I made to inference as to what kids do with their time spent staring into a smart phone ......all of my kids had the very best, up to date, unlimited access to educational tools I could provide ...at home......

They where also required to either hold down a part time job or volunteer a specified number of hours each week if they wanted a car at driving age.... they where not freely handed that either...

The point was to teach them values and the meaning of what it is to work for what you need/want, not just give them everything freehand because everyone else is doing it. Seems most parents don't want to look bad in other parents eyes even if they are IMO hurting their kids ...

Sounds as though you and your son did a great job, you should be proud, as I am I of both my daughters and the responsible, productive people they have grown to be.

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......