LED Headlights

• @
    Dread Pirate
    I want to show you the install for Twist Dynamics. I show all the details. The full Canadian LED and Upgrad Kit are installed on Snazzy. I like my LED's. both the Canadian LED and Upgrade Kit, by me, I install for Twist Dynamics.

Installation Video Slingshot Only is the Vendor I get the Products From

Canadian Headlight Install

Upgrade Kit

• I've purchased a few items from Twist and have not been let down by any of them. Don't really think you can go wrong.

I’ve watched both this one and the one from TricLED. As for the install part I like that this one hooked straight to the OEM harness and there’s no cutting of the rubber cup, but the other isn’t “friction held” in place. Both seem straight forward on install. My concern is long term use and actual brightness.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• I have enjoyed mine for about two months and 6 LED's at night light the road. Now as you saw the Upgrated LED Kit require repining, I show the details of the job. My install is for the 2017 with the Canadian Headlight assembly. I am the only one that shows that type install.

For the Friction Mount for the LED's, at first, I would have liked a bayonet type connection. I expressed my view to them. They indicated they have many many installs and no problem. I have not had a problem and now am ok with it. So you have your facts, the rest is in your ball park. Thanks for asking your questions.

• I have enjoyed mine for about two months and 6 LED's at night light the road. Now as you saw the Upgrated LED Kit require repining, I show the details of the job. My install is for the 2017 with the Canadian Headlight assembly. I am the only one that shows that type install.

For the Friction Mount for the LED's, at first, I would have liked a bayonet type connection. I expressed my view to them. They indicated they have many many installs and no problem. I have not had a problem and now am ok with it. So you have your facts, the rest is in your ball park. Thanks for asking your questions.

Sorry I didn’t put the names together. Yes your video is the one I had watched initially (linked on slingshotonly.com hope you’re getting credit for that). Thanks for the info!

• TricLED or Twist Dynamics? TricLED is ~$25 cheaper right now but been reading forum posts about TricLED burning out/failing. Thoughts? Experiences?

In my personal Slingshot I use Morimoto LEDs($120) but I have installed these Lasfit LEDs($35) from amazon on a bunch of local Slingshots and have yet to hear of a failure and even if it fails you can count on amazon to take care of you whether they fail tomorrow or 2 years from now.

ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

There isn't one person with LED anything from TricLED who has not had to constantly replace them and while props go to slindmods for replacing them without giving the customer hassle it begs the question if such a product is worth buying, SSO will use technicalities to weasel out of warranties so I definitely would not buy LED or anything that might need to be replaced from them.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• In my personal Slingshot I use Morimoto LEDs($120) but I have installed these Lasfit LEDs($35) from amazon on a bunch of local Slingshots and have yet to hear of a failure and even if it fails you can count on amazon to take care of you whether they fail tomorrow or 2 years from now.

There isn't one person with LED anything from TricLED who has not had to constantly replace them and while props go to slindmods for replacing them without giving the customer hassle it begs the question if such a product is worth buying, SSO will use technicalities to weasel out of warranties so I definitely would not buy LED or anything that might need to be replaced from them.

What do you use for the center/high beams?

• In my personal Slingshot I use Morimoto LEDs($120) but I have installed these Lasfit LEDs($35) from amazon on a bunch of local Slingshots and have yet to hear of a failure and even if it fails you can count on amazon to take care of you whether they fail tomorrow or 2 years from now.

What do you use for the center/high beams?

I have EXTENSIVE ($$$$$$) lighting done by TricLED on 2 different Spyders and 1 Slingshot! I have had little or no problems with any of the products or the installation. Any problems that I did have were taken care of in a very timely fashion at ABSOLUTELY NO CHARGE whatever.
    I am sorry that your experience was different than mine, however, I am 1 COMPLETELY satisfied customer.

• I have EXTENSIVE ($$$$$$) lighting done by TricLED on 2 different Spyders and 1 Slingshot! I have had little or no problems with any of the products or the installation. Any problems that I did have were taken care of in a very timely fashion at ABSOLUTELY NO CHARGE whatever.I am sorry that your experience was different than mine, however, I am 1 COMPLETELY satisfied customer.

I never said that there weren't any satisfied customers, I said that everyone who has their products has had to replace them due to failure and that some had it multiple times.

Also did state that their warranty was great since slingmods took care of the exchanges without hassle, however the customer still had the hassle of replacing multiple sets of ...(Yellowing Halos being the main offender) and that to me is a no no for a "premium" priced product.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Tricled can't even get halos right. So, I wouldn't trust them with headlights. :00008356:

8 halos I've been through so far due to yellowing...when these go, I'm going elsewhere, even if they honor the warranty again. And I've replaced 4 headlights, and the last two went *together* and pissed me off so bad I refused to deal with them. So ive been driving around with 6 halos and 4 lights. Need to get that fixed.

E-Bay or Amazon is a lot cheaper

What do you use?

In my personal Slingshot I use Morimoto LEDs($120) but I have installed these Lasfit LEDs($35) from amazon on a bunch of local Slingshots and have yet to hear of a failure and even if it fails you can count on amazon to take care of you whether they fail tomorrow or 2 years from now.

Thanks for the link, I'm gonna check that out. Got two lights right now that need it.

• OK my fellow SS friends. I am in the process of installing the new HD LED Headlight kit from TricLED and sold by Slingmods. The instructions are shall I say very limited (I so miss @slingking). So here is what I am planning on doing unless I hear different from this awesome crowd. Only thing the instructions are clear enough on is you need to leave a "little" space between the back of the boot and the LED base where the fan is. Well to make sure the boot is on and leave a little space you end up with about 1/6" of space and the housing is sealed so not sure where the air flow is going to come from anyway.. =O:cursing:

What is different on these from the other set that Slingmods sells is that you cannot detach the LED driver from the LED bulb housing to "poke" wires through for a cleaner install and well I already said that the housing is up against the boot.

Here are some pics to get you all in the right frame of mind:

Pic of H3 LED headlight in box. You notice that you cannot remove any wires. This is nice, but complicates the install.

Pic of light installed with boot off and boot on. You can see that I have the boot over the wires on the right and the LED driver/wires comes out the end of the boot.
    The back of the boot is almost touching the fan housing.

Pic of back of boot

So my plan is to do the following:
    1) Cut a small hole to allow the back of the fan housing to be pushed through the boot. This will allow for airflow to the fan.
    2) Push boot all the way back on as before and then use liquid electrical tape around the boot and to the housing to seal the opening.
    3) Put a small amount of liquid tape where the LED driver wires come out the end of the boot to seal that area.
    4) Use waterproof tape (gorilla tape) around the housing where it connects to the overall housing of the light to make sure it stays on and sealed.
    5) Zip tie the LED driver to the light frame.
    6) Put on @lrobbi famous light wiring covers to cover the mess all up.

My thought is this will allow airflow to the fan, I feel this is important as my testing of the lights they got very warm, but also protect the light from water.

OK, if you know better or have a different thought let me know.
    @slingmods if you think this is a bad idea, please give me options.

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• @SlingRider I bought the same lights from slingmods and was attempting to install this over the weekend but with no instructions etc i decided my next step was to contact TricLED or Slingmods to get some direction. Not quite a plug and play replacement. Eager to either use what you have proposed or get further feedback from TricLED or Slingmods. @slingmods

• Thanks @SlingRider I will process your order quickly and get them in the mail to you.

Thanks

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.