No Turbo/No SC

• There are a TON of discussions regarding turbos and superchargers. I don't want to go either of those routes due to POOR gas mileage issues. What upgrades can be done to modestly increase HP to around 200+- that does not involve TC or SC? Don't want to hear from TC or SC guys claiming mpg depends on how you drive it. Neighbor has SC and gets 16 mpg. I get 35mpg all the time and would an HP boost without sacrificing too much mpg and motor safety. ?(

• I have never gotten over 28 while NA. Only checked three times in almost three years. Hey, I drive a JK set up for fairly serious off-road use. Mileage isn't something I have ever worried about.
    My wife's SS with Alpha intake and side exhaust got about 30 from West Palm Beach to NW AR. SC will go on in mine in a few weeks and I will be ecstatic if I still get over 20.

• NA starts at 174 hp or so. With a CAI I believe they picked up 12hp, with a header 8hp and a free flow exhaust 8hp. The NA tune claims around 20hp. Easy math says 222hp. However, it doesn't work that way. All these together should get you close to 200hp(one side or the other.

I have all these and in the twisties, the BIG boys can't take any ground I don't give. ;) I have no personal dyno numbers. I can tell you that a CAI and header alone will register nicely on the butt dyno. The exhaust and tune aren't as noticeable on the butt dyno after the first two. Though the tune does make things smoother which helps mask it's own contributions to acceleration (if that makes sense.

• Having had ALL the above plus turbo then SC my mileage has only varied about 6-8 miles per gallon so it is personal choice.

PS @WOLF - have you run with @Slingrazor against his Big Boy badass ??? Don’t bite off more than you can chew :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Having had ALL the above plus turbo then SC my mileage has only varied about 6-8 miles per gallon so it is personal choice.

PS @WOLF - have you run with @Slingrazor against his Big Boy badass ??? Don’t bite off more than you can chew :00008172:

I haven't Bill. In the twisties he will be hard pressed to shake me, I guarantee that. I say "shake me", because I prefer to follow great drivers, also it's impossible to say I held them back if they are leading. ;)

• @EricRedSL prior to DDM SC Dave Dyno mines at 180 rwhp... he dynoed it three times to ensure it was correct

My old setup:

My own LRobbi CAI
    1320 Header
    Bob Tune
    Throttle body polished internal
    Manifold polished internal
    Alpha Exhaust/adjustable

Rwhp 180 @ the engine given 15% "about" 207 hp at the engine

Hope this helps!

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• I haven't Bill. In the twisties he will be hard pressed to shake me, I guarantee that. I say "shake me", because I prefer to follow great drivers, also it's impossible to say I held them back if they are leading. ;)

Just yankin your chain bro - I’m just
    2E1E8480-45AE-4A9E-AFDB-E978C715FB1F.gif

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I have the DDMWorks CAI. I have the 1320 stainless even length header. I have the Bob's custom tune I got in Maggie Valley in June during the run. I've raced superchargers, and turbos, and can hang with them (have beaten most) up to around 70ish, but by 80 there isn't a contest. It's a traction issue, period. I don't run faster than that much, and if I do it's still fun and likely was on an interstate (which I tend to avoid) so wasn't an issue to me. My throttle response is brisk, my MPG actually improved by 2-4 MPG, and the thing is just a joy to drive now. 1st or 2nd, with traction control on and at 4k RPM or above it will spin the rear by just putting the right foot to the floor (2nd does depend on the road surface). In the twisty conditions, I now can't just get the right gear and foot down.... I have to actually ride the machine. It's enough to be scary up to 70 plus, and that is just right for me! Best mileage I've gotten since the tune (lollygagging in scenic country with speeds below 55 most all of the tank) was 35 mpg. I can get 30 plus back and forth to work on a 30 mile commute mostly highway speeds about 63 MPH. I do tend to pass with the intent to be out front and in my lane quickly. Bob told me I should be in excess of 200 HP with my setup. I believe that true, but have not dyno'd it. I just know the difference is just what I was looking for....

• i know this contradicts what most will say. But somewhere I read that keeping the stock airbox is (for some reason i cant explain) part of the key for good fuel milage. Someone may be able to elaborate on that. And there is a good chance that info i read could be totally incorrect. Im sure someone will elaborate on whatever they were talking about.

You definitely don't wont to go with my turbo setup. The fuel injectors i run must have a hole in them that would fill a olympic sized pool in 10 minutes. Driving normal I get about 150 miles before i get panicky looking for a gas station. If i am pushing it real hard i start looking at 100 miles.

• I have the DDMWorks CAI. I have the 1320 stainless even length header. I have the Bob's custom tune I got in Maggie Valley in June during the run. I've raced superchargers, and turbos, and can hang with them (have beaten most) up to around 70ish, but by 80 there isn't a contest. It's a traction issue, period. I don't run faster than that much, and if I do it's still fun and likely was on an interstate (which I tend to avoid) so wasn't an issue to me. My throttle response is brisk, my MPG actually improved by 2-4 MPG, and the thing is just a joy to drive now. 1st or 2nd, with traction control on and at 4k RPM or above it will spin the rear by just putting the right foot to the floor (2nd does depend on the road surface). In the twisty conditions, I now can't just get the right gear and foot down.... I have to actually ride the machine. It's enough to be scary up to 70 plus, and that is just right for me! Best mileage I've gotten since the tune (lollygagging in scenic country with speeds below 55 most all of the tank) was 35 mpg. I can get 30 plus back and forth to work on a 30 mile commute mostly highway speeds about 63 MPH. I do tend to pass with the intent to be out front and in my lane quickly. Bob told me I should be in excess of 200 HP with my setup. I believe that true, but have not dyno'd it. I just know the difference is just what I was looking for....

You running stock air intake?