Tires...what are you running?

• @WraithSS I have missed some updates. Your Sling is looking pretty wicked. Air suspension or hydraulic? Those seats look great in there.

Air suspension of my own design. @lrobbi is running the system now too. It's approximately half the cost of the hydraulic system and you lose none of your storage space. The seats are black/gray suede Corbeau CR1s. Trying to keep up with you "Wolf Pack" people I keep hearing about. :thumbsup:

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• No worries. Thanks for the reply.

The Discount Tire rep didn't help much. He suggested Michelin Sport Pilot. He did say that the tire is asymmetrical so he didn't know if that would work. I contacted Michelin and they said they do not have any tires for any 3 wheeler. Discount Tire rep then suggested something else and I got the idea he just wanted to sell me something he had. Ugh. Then he said Hankook EV12. I asked why and he said his buddy has them on his car and likes them. Some endorsement.

Still looking.

I run a Michelin Pilot Super Sport out back (315/35/20) and it is phenominal. Great traction and great wear (300 UTOG) - the downside is you get what you pay for.. this absolutely destroys the NITTO NT05 I was running in the same size.

• @WraithSS tell me about it.... That damn pack. The coolest kids in town.... One can daydream... smile-squared

This coming from the guy I want to be like when I grow up. ;) Badass Jeep, badass Sling, creative job that requires "field testing". You even live on the roads people take vacations to travel on. :( We are like the chess club, the coolest chess club. :D

• Uhmm.....Jay......YOU GOTTA DRIVE OVER 30mph TO HEAR TIRE NOISE!!
    Just sayin brah!!!!!!!!!!!!! :00007555::00008356:

Jim, After many miles and research anything over 30 stirs the dirt. In order to keep Sling clean 30 MPH is the perfect speed to keep road debris down....

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• I know, I know, coming from me, it's hard to tell, but I have a serious question. Has ANYONE had ANY experience with tires made by Nankang? I know they're made in China and not everything Chinese made is junk. I would hate to be the first to try these tires out and find out that they are in fact useless. Any comments?

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• @funinthesun yes.... son has them on his Mini. College student budget, or should I say a father's last two pennies after paying for college, required finding a decent less expensive performance tire. He isn't speed racer so wasn't too worried. For the price they have performed well. Have no input regarding how they would work on the SS.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• @funinthesun yes.... son has them on his Mini. College student budget, or should I say a father's last two pennies after paying for college, required finding a decent less expensive performance tire. He isn't speed racer so wasn't too worried. For the price they have performed well. Have no input regarding how they would work on the SS.

Tread pattern on the NS-20 Noble Sport looks pretty good and the only major complaint is the issue of getting the balancing right. THAT'S what scares the hell out of me. If a "professional" has a rough time balancing the tire, that says a LOT about the tire construction. Hate to risk a s/s on that one point only. It's not a matter of finding the cheapest tire available. It more like trying to find the best dry/wet traction tire available that will last more than 5,000 miles. I've used Kendas, Michelin, Yokohama's, Nitto's and want to be able to settle on one that does it all while it lasts

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• @j4henry and I are running the General G-Max AS03. We both are liking it on the rear. @j4henry also has the installed on the front and says they are working real well in the rain, unless he changed his mine on that wet trip last week end. I will also be installing on the fronts for next summers rides, I only have 34,000 miles on the stock Kenda's now. Will start off new next summer. Now that little trip to Blairsville only took 2 mm off of that brand new G-Max tread.

• I know, I know, coming from me, it's hard to tell, but I have a serious question. Has ANYONE had ANY experience with tires made by Nankang? I know they're made in China and not everything Chinese made is junk. I would hate to be the first to try these tires out and find out that they are in fact useless. Any comments?

I have known a few Miata and Civic guys that have run both Sumitomo and Nankang and swear by them. I almost went that route but a local guy here got me such a good deal on the Firestones that I couldn't pass them up, especially since I am impatient and wanted them right away. Skipping for the NanKang would have been 5 days.

Anywho...I notice a lot of import guys run them on the budget cars and are great...I was doing some research on them and the guys with Lexus IS300's really really love them. Seems like for a bang for the buck tire it get's rave reviews everywhere.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...