Fuses and relays

• Do you know when you'll trip a breaker in your house? So how do you know when one will trip in your SS... If you read what each fuse, rely and breaker controls...some could be critical in getting to safety.... The last thing I want is to be stuck on some back road at 2AM because of a blown fuse I don't have with me. Do you think someone could come along that just might want your sweet looking ride by hook or by crook?

I originally ordered these about 3 weeks ago and they still didn't get some or got the numbers wrong and had to be reordered today. A month waiting for a blown fuse replacement isn't exactly what I consider being prepared. And for the parts and service department it doesn't say much about customer service.....it wouldn't kill the dealer to have one of each on stock...

I'm also not happy about a 7-10 day wait for my steering box to be replaced under Warranty ..I'm assuming they have to take off the old one and ship it to Polaris so they can get a new one under warranty...if they know there were problems with these 2015 steering boxes, which I was told....I shouldn't have to wait that long for a warranty replacement part to be looked over by Polaris... One should have been sent to the dealer upon request....the dealer told me they have to run all kinds of diagnostics before Polaris will ship one...total BS for a known two year old recall problem...

I call dealer BS on that(having to run a bunch of shit in order to get the parts) my new dealer thought that i had a bad steering rack due to steering play, they ordered the steering rack which was on backorder so it took a while to get but all they had to do to order it was come and check the play at my steering wheel and then said yep bad steering rack.

When the steering rack came in I took the sling in and they figured out that the dealer who performed the recalls left a loose bolt and that is what caused steering play(basically i could have crashed at any moment if that bolt came off completely due to negligence on the original dealer's part).
    They tightened the bolt which fixed my steering problems and that was that.

If you dealer looks to be incompetent save yourself the hassle and get a new one.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• If you're broke down in a car or truck and need a fuse, breaker or relay....the chances of someone having what you need aren't that great....if you're on a bike...maybe if you're on a SS how many other SS will just happen to be driving by? And if they have the same mind set about it as everyone here...you're screwed. Your SS isn't exactly something you want to leave sitting on the side of the road....as you walk for help...

I'm not trying to be anal about it but dealers don't stock these or care to...and GOD knows an auto parts store won't have them.

• I call dealer BS on that(having to run a bunch of shit in order to get the parts) my new dealer thought that i had a bad steering rack due to steering play, they ordered the steering rack which was on backorder so it took a while to get but all they had to do to order it was come and check the play at my steering wheel and then said yep bad steering rack.
    When the steering rack came in I took the sling in and they figured out that the dealer who performed the recalls left a loose bolt and that is what caused steering play(basically i could have crashed at any moment if that bolt came off completely due to negligence on the original dealer's part).
    They tightened the bolt which fixed my steering problems and that was that.

If you dealer looks to be incompetent save yourself the hassle and get a new one.

well, being new to this I can only go by what they tell me..but I feel a known two year old issue would have been able to be handled differently by pre ordering the problem part to provide GOOD customer service for their faulty part. Or better yet it should have been changed out before it was sold to me...like they did with other recall parts...it's not like they had 20 leftover 2015s sitting around. They had one...mine.

• @Bigdog... This is my attempt to say what others, specifically @WraithSS, is trying to say...

Rather than waiting on the dealer, buy them yourself at the links and sites WraithSS provided. Much cheaper. Much faster.

Again, do not buy at dealer.

You can get the same thing, cheaper, and faster. You will be prepared. You will be ready for when something happens.

Dealer bad. Independently sourced good.

Again, no dealer. No waiting. No expensive.

Be prepared. Be ready. Buy them yourself at an independent provider/site. Keep them with you. Be prepared. Be safe.

No dealer...

Oh, by the way.... No dealer! :thumbsup:

• I completely get the dealer markup issue, but either the suppliers or Polaris has issued new part numbers for many of these....so finding the right part, which the dealer can't even order correctly is part of the problem. Saving money on the wrong parts isn't a savings... He already charged me for mini fuses I didn't want because he said that's what I ordered and it's not what I ordered. I didn't feel like ripping out his voice box... LOL so I just shut up and paid for them..

So once I get all the correct parts with the correct part numbers I'll post them. The other issue is the dealer not stocking them and they have to wait to get them in.

• Uh.....what @MiM was trying to say is the parts can be found at the sites that were mentioned before. Even the correct parts as they have been ordered before by others and myself. The breakers, relays, and fuses can all be purchased without the dealer involvement as long as you know the specifications.

When life knocks you down, calmly get back up, smile, and very politely say, "Is that all you've got?

• Just ordered a new fuse box cover because one side clip on mine is broken..$45 and it doesn't have the fuse placement drawing stick in it....it should have been ingraved in gold...

The question is does anyone know the part number for the fuse placement sticker? Which should have been included.

• Ok, I was able to locate the number on the sticker and second I was actually able to peel it out of the old one....so I can use it in the new cover...after searching some sites....it appears this is a universal cover they use on a lot of Polaris vehicles...so the stickers are different for each vehicle...

• Just ordered a new fuse box cover because one side clip on mine is broken..$45 and it doesn't have the fuse placement drawing stick in it....it should have been ingraved in gold...

The question is does anyone know the part number for the fuse placement sticker? Which should have been included.

Worse comes to worse...you could consider taking a picture of the current sticker, scale it to size in a photo editor, print it out and glue it inside your new cover?? Just a thought if all else fails

Edit.....just saw your newest post. Glad you were able to salvage the original sticker!!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• I was able to put all my spare fuses and relays, one of each into an altoids can. Also includes a fuse puller /tester.
    Approximate cost of all of this is around $100. Includes one of each size mini fuses also from 3-30.

• I was able to put all my spare fuses and relays, one of each into an altoids can. Also includes a fuse puller /tester.
    Approximate cost of all of this is around $100. Includes one of each size mini fuses also from 3-30.

Its great to be prepared, but given the links you chose to ignore, you could have made the same kit for $25
    I would only carry a couple extras because you can always rob one from another socket to get you home.
    I just replaced my entire fuse box because of melted fuse socket, Polaris doesn't sell the fuse box without the harness at $1100, and replacing the harness is a real time consumer, so thanks to @'TravAZ I received a used box off an old harness and now good to go.

• Just on account......are the wires held in with spring clips like a house wall socket?

Sounds like a monster headache....

The blue clips are spacers between the wire rows, each wire has a clip that has to be bent in to release the wire from the bottom of the box and then you have to bend it back before you put the clip in the new box. yes it is time consuming but to me much easier than changing the whole harness out.

• Worse comes to worse...you could consider taking a picture of the current sticker, scale it to size in a photo editor, print it out and glue it inside your new cover?? Just a thought if all else fails
    Edit.....just saw your newest post. Glad you were able to salvage the original sticker!!!!

That's what I did when I rewired my Fog Lights circuit to drive my outer headlights before Polaris acknowledged there was a problem with the original primary headlight circuit.