FIXED THE FLAPPY FENDERS!

• Omg would love these but have no courage to cut into the Slingshot .... I'm like @Bill Martin where I couldn't even watch - hell I couldn't even be within earshot of the install all it would take is hearing 'oh crap', 'opps', or 'hopefully that will buff out' and I would be on the ground in the fetal position

sent from my FAST red slingshot

• Come visit and I will install!!! @MiM
    Removing the lower fender like I have done gets ride of the pushing the barn door feeling. What I like about the vent is the aerodynamic effect of killing the lift by disturbing the the air flow as it comes over the fender (wing). That is the simple but ingenious thing @gpcustoms did.

• I painted mine with "hammered" textured paint and then a coat of flat black. I was going to send them out to powder coat but they are a week and a half behind. Did not want to ride around Daytona Bike Week with big holes in the fenders. Depending on how the paint holds up I will either leave them alone or send them out to be powder coated in 2 weeks.

The raw aluminum does not look that bad. It matches the Slingshot logo pretty well.

• After giving it some thought and remembering how much I dislike being taken to the vendors cleaners I thought I would share the following with you. These are off the shelf race parts that have been around in many forms for years and years. The science is done and the case closed,..They work.
    Now some of you might think this is a dark secret on where I got them,... :00007510:
    Fact is you can go out onto the old web and find similar stuff all day long as I originally noted many moons ago. These just happen to be my choice and my friend's talent speaks for itself. He provides them to me as part of the fundraising efforts and I found a use for them on the SS.
    Craig mentioned to me a while back that a slingshot owner was trying to get a set and that it was cloak and dagger as the story went. Long story short Craig is one of my sponsors and a good guy. I and he have no problem with you going to him for flats. If you can't find him,ask.
    I will give you a hint :00006725: Give him a shout and he will treat you right.

With that said I will always have a spare set sitting on my shelf, pictures and information always available without charge.
    :00000156: Think happy thoughts

• Sooo I gotta ask cause ya gotta keep it simple for me - this does the same thing as the hood buttons - just personal taste to which you like better??

It's already traumatic enough just drilling a hole in my paint ;(

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Omg would love these but have no courage to cut into the Slingshot .... I'm like @Bill Martin where I couldn't even watch - hell I couldn't even be within earshot of the install all it would take is hearing 'oh crap', 'opps', or 'hopefully that will buff out' and I would be on the ground in the fetal position

sent from my FAST red slingshot

• Sooo I gotta ask cause ya gotta keep it simple for me - this does the same thing as the hood buttons - just personal taste to which you like better??

The hood buttons will keep the hood down, but you still have all the wind drag/front end lift.
    The vents eliminate wind drag and create downforce on the front end keeping you planted to the ground at high speeds.

Bill, the Buttons hold the front of your fenders down and the vents relieve air pressure under the fender. Kenny had lifting on the rear of his fenders more so than the front and was going to fashion the Buttons to the rear of each fender. Installing vents fixed the lift that Kenny was experiencing. I installed the Fender Buttons to eliminate the front lift and later installed @gpcustoms vents to relieve pressure under the fenders and hood. My installation of the Fender Buttons lowers the front lip of the fenders to reduce the air from entering between the fender and lights. I have a total of seven vents for pressure relief, two fenders, two behind the splash guards and three on the hood.(Bill, I love to cut plastic!) With yours, stay with the Buttons!

• Bill, the Buttons hold the front of your fenders down and the vents relieve air pressure under the fender. Kenny had lifting on the rear of his fenders more so than the front and was going to fashion the Buttons to the rear of each fender. Installing vents fixed the lift that Kenny was experiencing. I installed the Fender Buttons to eliminate the front lift and later installed @gpcustoms vents to relieve pressure under the fenders and hood. My installation of the Fender Buttons lowers the front lip of the fenders to reduce the air from entering between the fender and lights. I have a total of seven vents for pressure relief, two fenders, two behind the splash guards and three on the hood.(Bill, I love to cut plastic!) With yours, stay with the Buttons!

I'm with ya @mniron - if I get goin fast nuff the hood buttons ain't holding her down - Imma slowin down!!

AGAIN!! @FunCycle NO COMMENT :00008172:

• My hat is off to you gentlemen. I've liked the look ever since I saw the first pictures, but I'm pretty sure I don't have the balls to cut my fenders or hood to that extent. Nice work, look forward to hearing how it holds up over time.

• I'm with ya @mniron - if I get goin fast nuff the hood buttons ain't holding her down - Imma slowin down!!
    AGAIN!! @FunCycle NO COMMENT :00008172:

My hat is off to you gentlemen. I've liked the look ever since I saw the first pictures, but I'm pretty sure I don't have the balls to cut my fenders or hood to that extent. Nice work, look forward to hearing how it holds up over time.

IF---IF---IF :00000012:

• Those look so much better than the crap i just bought Saturday (pic included), they are held by 3M tape which i was not a fan of for this application, so i was going to drill holes and Mcgyver some screws to hold them down.

I am going to have to return these since after seeing @gpcustoms ones, these are just downright inadequate and mundane.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.