Bullet Concepts Quad + FF Turbo ...

• I believe the classification comes down to what it was classified as when it was sold. I don't believe aftermarket and custom upgrades change the original classification (at least not in Florida). Example, how many of you have seen a Harley or Goldwing motor Cycle with the 2 additional rear wheels mod (the original rear wheel plus one more on each side)? That makes it a 4 wheel vehicle also, but it's still classified as a motorcycle.

• True, but Hannigan got themselves into some issues (from what one of their employees said) when they came out with their Goldwing dual front wheel conversion. Someone installed it onto a Goldwing that already was a conversional trike - making his a 4 wheeled vehicle. I was never interested in that product, so i didn't follow it to see how it played out. I personally would want to see proof that it would remain as a bike and insured as a bike before doing that to mine and have to ondo all that work.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Some kit vehicles use an existing vehicle frame, body etc. But it's turned into a kit car. Take a Fiero, they make kit car from it, but it's not registered as a Fiero, it's a kit car. If the production is limited, a kit is fine, if the company made 10,000 per year, then a new vin "might" be assigned. I hope I explained it some what.

• I believe the classification comes down to what it was classified as when it was sold. I don't believe aftermarket and custom upgrades change the original classification (at least not in Florida). Example, how many of you have seen a Harley or Goldwing motor Cycle with the 2 additional rear wheels mod (the original rear wheel plus one more on each side)? That makes it a 4 wheel vehicle also, but it's still classified as a motorcycle.

I read an article sometime ago of someone who is currently fighting their insurance(i think it was StateFarm) because they denied coverage on an accident on a bike that had a side car added to it but not included at the time of writing the policy.

I am almost certain that if something were to happen on that 4wheeler converted SS your insurance would deny you the claim, they could claim that now it is like an ATV or a Kit Car and that you don't have coverage for "that".

The 4 wheeler kit looks good and would put the Sling on the realm of KTM Xbow/TAC Mono, if it could be done while keeping the Sling road "legal" this is something that I personally would jump on with my eyes closed but until the legalities are figured out I won't touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Hell i have seen insurance deny claims on cars with modified engines , Acura Integra and Honda Prelude back in the day that caught on fire citing that the modified parts were at fault....... PS insert VTEC joke here.

Personally I Would never do anything that would give the insurance company a leg to stand on to deny a claim in the event that i had to make one.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Notify them in advance of your mods ( in writing) and you should be fine. I upped my coverage with Allstate and told them I added a turbo. They said it didn't matter. Their rates are based off of the VIN and to add the cost of the turbo to the additional coverage I wanted. I might call my agent about a 2 rear wheel conversion to see what they say.

• @Street Doc makes a very good point here, most people go about making thousands of dollars in mods and do nothing about insurance coverage for them. We will spend the money on the mods and do not want to pay any additional insurance for it. There is some coverage in most policies for added mods, mine is $2k, but most will not cover $6-7k for turbos/superchargers and then add another 10-12k for a four wheel conversion. Some insurance companies will charge premiums for added hp. So you totaled your SlingShot and you will be out the 20k of extras you put in it. I know I have done the same thing on almost every toy I have ever owned. It is part of my disposable income so if my insurance company doesn't cover it, it is just that, disposable.

• @Street Doc makes a very good point here, most people go about making thousands of dollars in mods and do nothing about insurance coverage for them. We will spend the money on the mods and do not want to pay any additional insurance for it. There is some coverage in most policies for added mods, mine is $2k, but most will not cover $6-7k for turbos/superchargers and then add another 10-12k for a four wheel conversion. Some insurance companies will charge premiums for added hp. So you totaled your SlingShot and you will be out the 20k of extras you put in it. I know I have done the same thing on almost every toy I have ever owned. It is part of my disposable income so if my insurance company doesn't cover it, it is just that, disposable.

Funny you mentioned that. After this stereo install is finished I'm having my policy chances considerably.

• What did the dyno report @FFShawn?

We were just messing around with the boost controller mainly, has way too much fuel in boost, pegged the dyno sniffer and wideband at 10.0 the whole time. Undecided if we are going to have Bob tweak or switch over to Haltech, probably Haltech. Highest two numbers I saw were 279whp and 287wtq.

Looks Great. Love that front bumper too.

Is that available? Might have to look into that if anything 'happens' to mine, lol

It sure is, contact Bob and he will take care of you!

Cost??

The Quad kit from Bob starts around $10k, and my turbo setup as shown is around $10k as well, has some custom adds outside of my standard kit, also using my waterproof boost controller/wideband package.

• Excellent looking design and appears to be high end quality construction! Kudos! Really improves the appearance also eliminating the incomplete rear look. Not sure I understand the shock absorber system. Seems like the shocks would have been better placed where the long black rods are that go from frame to wheels. I'm sure there's a good engineering reason for the extra parts and work to place it where they did.

F1 style pushrod setup, just another way of doing things!

True, or it might conflict with a patten with Alpha's system so a different design was in order
    Either way, a very sweet look

Bob had a 4 wheel Slingshot running around MONTHS before Alpha even had anything on paper. Not sure why people think Alpha is the leader on everything? :rolleyes:

• Shawn, is there a rough idea on cost yet and has anyone checked with Florida DMV on possible legality issues? thx

Hey Flybuddy, you have to make the trip to see Shawn in person. His shop is second to none. Stocked with all the finest materials and skilled techs to get the job done. His work is a work of art. His attention to details just blow the mind. The shop is also as organized and clean as any I've seen. Shawn is a perfectionist, but he takes the time talking to his customers on a "normal" level. You never get the feeling that he's too busy to answer your questions. Anything he makes, you'll be proud to own and show off to the world.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Shawn, is there a rough idea on cost yet and has anyone checked with Florida DMV on possible legality issues? thx

The Slingshot side of this build has nothing to do with me, you need to contact Bob and Bullet regarding quotes and info on the 4 wheel kit. I only supplied and installed the turbo goodies, had nothing to do with the rest. Other than ballpark $10k to start, that's as much as I know of the details on the Quad! Info and purchasing needs to be direct through Bob, sorry. You can call him @ 727-940-2922

Bob and I work together on a few behind the scenes things but the Quad is all him. He has a CNC bender that's needed for that type of tube work so I have him bend all of my roof bar sets, once last thing I have to worry about. Bob and I are very similar in how we think and we work, so we're a good team when we put our heads together! I think this Slingshot, front to back is a good show of this!

Hey Flybuddy, you have to make the trip to see Shawn in person. His shop is second to none. Stocked with all the finest materials and skilled techs to get the job done. His work is a work of art. His attention to details just blow the mind. The shop is also as organized and clean as any I've seen. Shawn is a perfectionist, but he takes the time talking to his customers on a "normal" level. You never get the feeling that he's too busy to answer your questions. Anything he makes, you'll be proud to own and show off to the world.

<3 Appreciate the love, I try to be modest, sometimes :D but yes unfortunately the OCD bug has me to the fullest extent. If it isn't perfect, it doesn't leave here, to the smallest details. Lots of Sling stuff out there that makes me want to cry! Ever in the area swing in sometime and say hello! Hope all is well with you and the family.

• Not so sure @rabtech - the VIN on this a Mustang - can I drive it to the 7-11 for a bag of Skittles???? ?(;(

Not apples and apples... you can't drive that on the highway because it doesn't meet the DOT standards that were in place when it was built. It's still a Mustang if it has a VIN number. If you put lights and DOT tires and real bumpers on it you would be ok.

Same for the Slingshot. Your not taking away the DOT approval by adding the 4th tire. It's still a slingshot and still meets that standard.

People buy KTM dirt bikes for this very reason. They are the ONLY true dirt bikes that you can title as a street bike. Because their titles have valid VIN numbers that allow street use.