Super or Turbo Charger for MyToy

• I might be biased, but just saying.......
    Oh come on, what do you think I am going to say.....
    320 to 360HP safely on a unbuilt motor.
    I was one of the first to install the DDM SC back in July. I have been driving it hard, bouncing it off the rev limiter at 7300 RPM and smiling the whole time.
    For me, you have to ask yourself what kind of money do you want to spend to get the reliable power level you want.
    PM me with your phone number and we can talk.

• so what do you run. I'll send you a PM

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• I'd go with a DDM supercharger if I had it to do all over again.

And that's from a turbo guy.
    I love my supercharger but I am biased for sure. The DDM Works team took very good care of me with my many questions.

:BLUESS:
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do.
    ~Mark Twain~

• Just my 2 cents -- I went with Alpha's SC. Don't get me wrong, I think the guys at DDM are cool. But, I'm a Vortech fan. The Vortech V3 is bullet proof and user rebuildable. There are Mustang guys who run Vortech's V3 in Nevada's Silver State Classic Challenge... That's an open road as-fast-as-you-wanna-go race that's pretty much open to anyone. It runs on Hwy 318 from Lund to Hiko. And, V3 SC's have survived multiple runs of this race, year after year. Pretty much, you're WOT for 30+ minutes. I wouldn't put even money that the Rotrex would tolerate that too well... Check out the video on the link below:

It's been my dream to run this race -- at least once in my life... I keep telling myself "next year!" Then, life gets in the way...

• Another biased vote here for the Alpha SC.

Self contained, easy installed, just a damn fine piece of equipment.

But if I had the DDM, I'd be saying good things about it also.

Supercharger instant power, boost builds with rpm, max boost at max rpm. I damn near ran over the car in front of me last week going to pass him when I dropped it in third and stepped on the gas. I love it.

If you want max horsepower for top in, long open highway, go with a turbo.

Alpha Supercharger is still spinning fine... it gets rode hard, every time.

• Turbo is where the power is at... Do I need to remind you all just how bad ass a turbo really is!

And by the way..... Notice the traction control kicking in on the second video. You can see the engine lifting and settling back down each time it kicks in.. And i'm just rolling into the gas. AT LOW RPM. Get you some of that... blower owners!

• i think either would be fine if your just looking for more power.but if your like a most guys on the forum you will get use to the power fast and want more. now I've heard with both alpha and ddm that those superchargers are already kinda peaked out at the power they can produce. now to get the full use of the turbo it kinda requires a built motor but, with a forged motor and turbo, i believe you will see numbers that the super chargers will not see even with a built motor, remember the built motors are just made to handle more power so if you can produce it the motor will handle it, and i know those superchargers aren't rated for over 500 hp. the turbos are. i personally think the compressor for the super charger runs to loud. takes way from the sounds of the motor. just my opinion

• I can see the arguments (turbo vs SC) from both sides. It's a matter of mission. If you want a screamer to race the turbo (or a V8) might make more sense. At higher boosts it seems like some additional funds need to be budgeted toward building up the motor--at that point the V8 conversion starts to become more attractive and probably more reliable. For the average person running a stock engine that would like additional linear power across the spectrum. The SC makes sense and this seems to be more in line for the majority. There's also the mantra:
    Do you want a blown engine (SC) or a blown engine (overboosted turbo)?

• For me, it will be a SC this spring.

My wife jumps in and drives the Sling now and then and she won't be able to handle the turbo or the driving style required.

The SC will spool power more smoothly for her and there will be enough additional power over stock to add additional fun factor for me.

• Very big price difference between the built motors that are out and a v8. I spoke to alpha about a v8 I believe it's about a 25k bill. turbo and motor like 10k.and if you buy a forged 2.4 ecotech they have been proven to be very dependable I mean this debate can go on for days I guess just ask your self how much power do u really want.