SSVWorks headrest speaker boxes

• @Shatneyman don't take what i said/will say as gospel, get input from others as well.
    I am just pointing out what "COULD" be an issue from a theoretical stand point, If you have 2 2 Ohns and 4 4 Ohms in parallel the result is equal load at 2 ohms but sounds quality would be terrible (in my opinion) since you have too much front and nothing but subs in the back.

As i said i have never done a wiring like that so i can't say for sure what the end result will be.

If i was the one doing the wiring for 6 speakers, the way i would do it is front and Headpods connected to the
    Alpine 4 ch amp as Front and Back, then i could hook the middle pods to a separate amp as "back" channel and dial the crossover frequency to Low Pass.

ps..I got an email saying my pods are on their way, i don't have the PRP seats but i will take plenty of pics of the pods once i get them.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• Well, you sound a heck of a lot smarter then me, and I don't even know what a Ohns is ;(:D Don't judge me!!!! :D I really want to do this myself and I believe in everyone here,... except @Tripod :thumbsup: J/K bud, you rock. But I must say I hate you for having your stuff on order. Thanks for the advise.

ps. I'm not done with dumb questions :/:saint:

• I think I'm going to forget the 6.5" subs. Go with the Alpine amp and these speakers, 4 - 6.5 for the side and rear pods, and 2 - 5.25 for the front. Does that make things easier?
    these are 6.5
    these are 5.25
    now, what's the easiest way to wire them with a 4 channel amp?

• @Shatneyman Personally I would do as others have suggested and buy a second amp for the third pair of speakers even if it's a cheap 2 channel one. I'ts just an easy way to insure that your primary amp is seeing a perfectly balanced load. Unless of course you might be adding a sub-woofer at a later date then you would want a 2+1 channel at the minimum for the second amp. But if you still want to hook six speakers to one amp we need more info... model #'s of amp and speakers?

• I see that you guys are using ohms and signal levels and and amp draw...! Over my head...

Can you tell that I got up this morning with the smart ass syndrome... :):)

It happens when I feel threatened... and I am glad you guys are not close to me because yall are starting to put some pretty loud and clear systems together. Some of you already have. :):)

• @rabtech is not cool to pick on us little newcomers , your audio set up was what motivated me to switch(WIP) the audio of the SS once i got it.

Also Rab is there a way to move the report thread button away from the quote, i am 99% sure that i just reported you when i meant to click the quote one, so please don't give yourself a timeout on my account. ;(;(

@Shatneyman if you are dead set in using the 6 pods, why not go for broke and use 8 speakers this way you can wire everything at 2 ohms and balance the loads.

Put a 3.5" and a 5.25 in the stock factory pod wire them in parallel and will give you a 2ohms load use that as your front channel.

Wire your middle/side pods and your headpods in parallel to also get a 2 ohms load.

The down side of doing it this way is that the Alpine M300/4 Amp depending on which speakers you choose would not be able to drive all rear speakers at maximum.

I think it would be good enough for the Rockfords or the JVC , the sound would not be as loud as it could be but it will be way better than stock once you have everything dialed in.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• the sound would not be as loud as it could be but it will be way better than stock

Thank you sir, I'm waited to hear back from a guy that lives down the street from me. His son just stopped by last night to see what I was doing with my sling. I told him what I wanted to do and he said "check this out". His truck had close to the same setup that I want. 2 front speakers, 2 rear speakers and 2 small subs in the rear. He used a Rockville 8 channel amp. Don't know how good it is, but he's had it for about 2 years with no problems. I don't want loud music, I just want good music. His dad helped with the install so I'm picking his brain too. 8 channels should be good but not sure if I can get one to fit under the seat,... or marine grade. I'm so confused right now. My pods are ordered, so I'm getting there, maybe! :D

• The big brown truck was here today and dropped off some goodies. I must say, these new speaker pods look to be far better quality than any of the other pods that I've bought from SSV Works. I decided to ditch the Fosgate speakers that I have and get four of the Polk MM651UM speakers. I read about them here The Best Marine Speakers of 2017 | Top Ten Reviews and we all know that if its on the net it must be true. I did find one flaw with the new pods but I'm sure a couple of holes with the drill can add some drainage.

• Under the hoop trim are holed that just drain down into the lower area of the body. Nothing to worry about in my opinion if a small hole were to be added.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup: