What do you carry

• I’ve been out playing with a new break barrel (spring piston) .22 cal pellet pistol I picked up. It’s a Hatsan 25 Supercharger (also available in .177; made in Turkey). Front & rear sights are dial adjustable, TruGlo fiber optic sights. Trigger pull is 5 lbs. Has a hefty 58 pound cocking effort but gets easier when you get your technique down (and, as always, a little lube goes a long way! :D ). Barrel length is 11.2”, OAL is 20”. That’s not a silencer on the front, it’s a threaded aluminum cocking aid. This baby is SWEET! Trigger initially had a lot of creep but now breaking crisply after putting a hundred rounds through it. Did a rough sight-in initially at 7 yards. Then went to 15 yds, standing, freehand, & took 7 shots at the eye on the head of my steel roadrunner lawn ornament - the 1st 4 shots are upper right (not a bad group); adjusted windage & shot 2 more times (upper left); split the difference on the windage, adjusted elevation & final shot hit base of eye :thumbsup: .

Shoots at 600 fps if shooting 11.9 gr hobby pellets; around 500 fps for the 14 to 14.5 gr pellets. Yields around 9 fpe which is good enough for rabbits, squirrels, pigeons, rats, gophers, etc.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• I’ve been out playing with a new break barrel (spring piston) .22 cal pellet pistol I picked up. It’s a Hatsan 25 Supercharger (also available in .177; made in Turkey). Front & rear sights are dial adjustable, TruGlo fiber optic sights. Trigger pull is 5 lbs. Has a hefty 58 pound cocking effort but gets easier when you get your technique down (and, as always, a little lube goes a long way! :D ). Barrel length is 11.2”, OAL is 20”. That’s not a silencer on the front, it’s a threaded aluminum cocking aid. This baby is SWEET! Trigger initially had a lot of creep but now breaking crisply after putting a hundred rounds through it. Did a rough sight-in initially at 7 yards. Then went to 15 yds, standing, freehand, & took 7 shots at the eye on the head of my steel roadrunner lawn ornament - the 1st 4 shots are upper right (not a bad group); adjusted windage & shot 2 more times (upper left); split the difference on the windage, adjusted elevation & final shot hit base of eye :thumbsup: .

Shoots at 600 fps if shooting 11.9 gr hobby pellets; around 500 fps for the 14 to 14.5 gr pellets. Yields around 9 fpe which is good enough for rabbits, squirrels, pigeons, rats, gophers, etc.

so now there’s another kind of Supercharger to choose from.

• I went out Saturday for the West side opening of Elk season with my buddy's son and look what happened. He's 30 years old, has been hunting since he was 13, and shot his 1st bull (3rd elk) through the heart (pic withheld). I've NEVER had a better feeling in the woods than helping this outstanding young man achieve success. You can't tell because of the pose but he's about nine feet tall at this moment! Oh yeah, to keep with the subject he used a .270. Plenty of rifle when you shoot out the heart!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• So just in case anyone is having gun duscussions, here are a couple of quick facts for you...

1. The NRA donated a bit over $1M to various campaigns in 2016. That ranks them 460th out of 18,000+ organizations. For comparison, Soros and Bloomberg donated $26 and $25M putting them at 16th and 18th respectively.

2. As of the end of October there have been 569 murders in Chicago this year.

3. Yes, gun control worked in Australia, but it started by confiscating guns. Totally doable here... Right after the civil war it will cause.

I can provide links if needed.

• No need your new avatar says it all - would believe anything you told me. Oh and by the way gun involved crime went up after confiscation of guns in Australia. but I am sure that was just a coincidence!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• They don't let us carry revolvers here in CANADA, So when I go out in the bush , I like to carry large ! Lever action 1895 MARLIN GUIDE GUN and at .450 caliber with 360 grains they usually don't get back up once you hit em !

my Brother and I with a small racked eight pointer, but big bodied deer, he bagged opening morning last week in Madawaska Highlands, Eastern Ontario, I passed on DOES ALL WEEK only to be bucked again!

• They don't let us carry revolvers here in CANADA, So when I go out in the bush , I like to carry large ! Lever action 1895 MARLIN GUIDE GUN and at .450 caliber with 360 grains they usually don't get back up once you hit em !

360 grains.Now that's a brush gun! Opening day success always puts a smile on your face'. Congrats @kev and brother!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

Edited once, last by SlingLow ().

• I have written permission from a friend here in NM to help out with a severe rabbit problem (over abundance thereof) - 7 acre property. Went up there this afternoon for 30 minutes with a single shot 20 gauge shotgun (modified choke) using #6 & dispatched 2 in that short time - walked them out & both were on the run when shot.

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

Edited once, last by Tripod ().

• I have written permission from a friend here in NM to help out with a severe rabbit problem (over abundance thereof) - 7 acre property. Went up there this afternoon for 30 minutes with a single shot 20 gauge using #6 & dispatched 2 in that short time - walked them out & both were on the run when shot.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it