Insurance going up

• Received my renewal notice on my Slingshot today, Allstate bumped my rate from about 500 a year to 1800. I wanted to croak.

Gave Dan a call and he said that Allstate is bumping the rates on all slingshots, he thinks that they figured out that they should be more expensive to insure and is raising everyone.

He's going to shop around and see what he can do for me, and I'm also going to give him a crack at my other auto policy and home policy, hopefully he can save me some money. I'm just a happy customer of his, no affiliation, but if you want cheaper insurance, give Dan a call.

Dan Herrera

TWFG Insurance Services

(832) 364-6630 phone

dherrera@twfg.com

I'll post up what he finds for me.

• I had an issue with my rates rising more than I thought they should on my last renewal so I called up Progressive and complained (bitched) to customer service. After giving her a piece of my mind and asking for justification the conversation went something like this:

Agent: Remember that speeding ticket you got in Kennewick last summer?

Me: Shit!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, it's The Show!8)

• I have allstate... That better not be true! If so, it could be the straw for my wife's back!

Don't be surprised to find a gently used slingshot for sale soon... 😭

• I have allstate... That better not be true! If so, it could be the straw for my wife's back!

Don't be surprised to find a gently used slingshot for sale soon... 😭

Crashing into the side of interstate concrete barriers is considered “gently used”...?!

(Sorry, Bro, just couldn’t help myself :D)

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Crashing into the side of interstate concrete barriers is considered “gently used”...?!

(Sorry, Bro, just couldn’t help myself :D)

th?id=OGC.fa2b23feed765b6e9ec753af8304a035&pid=Api&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia.giphy.com%2fmedia%2f6xWQt3NF9VqBW%2fgiphy.gif&ehk=wvrsyVw0QM8jiUJZfs4VYY94ySmydiEaCn%2bjlcTNHDQ%3d

Okay... Looking for a new owner who is preferably illiterate and isn't on the forum... 😆

• Try Progressive

• With progressive now...When I setup policy last year I remember that question - Does this slingshot have a turbo, supercharger or other aftermarket racing equipment.. Was no then.. Debating do I call them now and tell them it has one now and take that hit? My experience with aftermarket parts is they won't cover it anyway, only OEM etc.. unless you get a stated policy.

That said would you call and let the insurance folks know they probably should be charging you more after adding more power?

• One thing to consider is having medical coverage included as a part of your slingshot insurance - - from talks I had with my agent having medical can be a big part of the premium because the odds of getting injured in an accident are considered to be higher in slingshot / motorcycle.

If like most people you already have medical insurance that would cover you and your spouse then there may be no need to also have it duplicated as a part of your slingshot / motorcycle policy

the exception would be if you regularly carry passengers and want medical coverage for them

Anyway - just something to consider

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL