• Anyone a garlic fan?

I ask because I have been growing garlic for a few years now.

This year I harvested 240 hardneck garlic plants and scapes.

I decided to try my hand at making something new and it seemed to go over quite well.

I used my smoker and smoked bulbs of garlic with mesquite pellets, soaked in a mixture of truffle and olive oils, with salt and pepper.

I took that smoked garlic, added fresh thyme and mixed it all up with butter to create indivdual sticks of smoked thyme garlic butter.

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

• I LOVE garlic! Why aren't you my neighbor? Jerk.

I ask questions like this because it would be awesome to start selling this stuff somehow...

This year I planted over 320 plants.....

wait till next summer!! I will have so much garlic and scapes ....

Would be great if there was a way to share with you all!

.::. Knowledge, like air, is vital to life. Like air, no one should be denied it .::.

• I LOVE GARLIC also, what kind of trade are we looking at to get some of that? (just kidding, unless you are serious, then I am absolutely serious :) )

• I would buy some of that. I'm in MI which isn't too far from you in WI. If you froze it and sent it regular mail in a box it would get here in 1-2 days and being cold out now it would likely make the trip just fine. If you are interested in selling any of that shoot me a message and I can paypal, cash app, or venmo you some money for it. If not, I can most definitely wait until next year.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Yep - Love garlic - - my wife and I always go heavy on the garlic in most anything we cook - - especially her filipino pork adobo

onions & garlic - - - cant go wrong :love:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Yep - Love garlic - - my wife and I always go heavy on the garlic in most anything we cook - - especially her filipino pork adobo

onions & garlic - - - cant go wrong :love:

Everything...I mean...EVERYTHING!!! LoL

Always Remember...You can drive it like you want to drive it tomorrow! 8)

:HEADERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS::ROTORSS:

• As a side note I hear that garlic and onions help keep away liberals :D

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Just putting this out there for the best of all. I'm no expert. About 12 years ago I took some classes on food safety & HACCP. I never really used any of it. There are many methods to control pathogens. Time, temp, cross contamination, water activity, etc., with an end goal of maintaining the pH level below 4.6. You can bring down the total pH level (It's backwards, higher acid content, the lower the number the more acidity on a pH scale, lower than 4.6 is good) of a product by combining a with a high acid product (many times you can bring the pH level down by packaging in critic acid or vinegar). Salt can lower the water activity as below.

Don't take what I put here as absolute, not my call. just wanted to protect all the good people here.

The lower the pH reading, the more acid the food. In order to preserve foods with acidity, the regulation requires the pH to be 4.6 or below. At these levels, toxins formed by the deadly organism causing botulism are inhibited. We refer to foods which have readings greater than pH 4.6 as low-acid foods.

Garlic

For centuries, garlic has been touted for its healing properties. It's also an alkaline-forming food with a pH value of 8.

Water activity is a measurement of the availability of water for biological reactions. It determines the ability of micro-organisms to grow. If water activity decreases, micro-organisms with the ability to grow will also decrease.

Factors that Influence Water Activity

• Drying: Water activity is decreased by physically removing water (Ex: beef jerky).
    • Solutes: Water activity is decreased by adding solutes such as salt or sugar (Ex: jams, cured meats).
    • Freezing: Water activity is decreased by freezing (Ex: water is removed in the form of ice).
    • Combination: One or more of the above can be combined for a greater influence on water activity (Ex: salting and drying fish).
  • Lets get Bill Martin to organize it!

poor Bill Martin .... just because he couldn't close the deal on QUICKJACK doesn't mean that we got to make fun of him for the rest of his life............... :00008172:

I use that story as an ice breaker at cars n coffee and everyone is always dumbfounded as to why quickjack would pass up on an easy 50-60k sale like that, especially when they offer a similar or better deal directly from costco.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.