Quad Question - Still get all the looks?

• A quad conversion is on my list to do one day. Probably not next year, but eventually. In fact I don't know who's sling this is (pictured below), but it's been my inspiration and "end goal" when I think of where I want to get my sling to looks wise. Here is the problem... the wife and I were talking tonight and she said if I did that she'd never ride in it again. I was kinda shocked...she said it'd lose all the uniqueness of the 3 wheel, yada yada. She won't say it, but she loves all the looks we get with the sling. That night downtown Denver with a big group and parading around downtown, she felt like a prom queen. So honestly I think that's what it is for her and feels like that goes away with conversion.

So without starting a debate on 3 vs 4 wheel, as that's not my intention - curious for those of you that have the quad do you still get the same "sweet ride" looks/comments? More/Less? They are unique as hell either way in my opinion - I'm just chasing the adult go cart thing I think personally.

• Oh yah ! they are show stoppers lol as at @EJ FORD was just sayng in another post , there are less than one percent slingshots converted, and as that would be about 400 right now I know we are not there yet with quads , all manufacturers combined, but we may get there someday , but they will always be a rarity , something special

• A quad conversion is on my list to do one day. Probably not next year, but eventually. In fact I don't know who's sling this is (pictured below), but it's been my inspiration and "end goal" when I think of where I want to get my sling to looks wise. Here is the problem... the wife and I were talking tonight and she said if I did that she'd never ride in it again. I was kinda shocked...she said it'd lose all the uniqueness of the 3 wheel, yada yada. She won't say it, but she loves all the looks we get with the sling. That night downtown Denver with a big group and parading around downtown, she felt like a prom queen. So honestly I think that's what it is for her and feels like that goes away with conversion.

So without starting a debate on 3 vs 4 wheel, as that's not my intention - curious for those of you that have the quad do you still get the same "sweet ride" looks/comments? More/Less? They are unique as hell either way in my opinion - I'm just chasing the adult go cart thing I think personally.

My wife said the same thing if I got the quad she wouldn't ride anymore, I think once mine is in and installed and we go for one of the good rides like we do in north Arkansas, she will change her mind. and like wokka said put a quad in the middle of a bunch of slings there want be room to go look at it from everyone taking peeks at it. I know I did when he and WingShot showed up to the event this past September. after looking at there's I put one on order lol

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• My wife said the same thing if I got the quad she wouldn't ride anymore, I think once mine is in and installed and we go for one of the good rides like we do in north Arkansas, she will change her mind. and like wokka said put a quad in the middle of a bunch of slings there want be room to go look at it from everyone taking peeks at it. I know I did when he and WingShot showed up to the event this past September. after looking at there's I put one on order lol

Always helps to see the 'new' stuff in person sit in/ride in --- you need to get as much in person info as possible.

• I like the idea that we can do so many things to change the Slingshot to our own liking. We can spend a little or a lot and have fun doing it and a unique machine. Or like me don't change much and than you really unique.

The thing for me is going Quad kills the essence of what the slingshot is basically. It does look cool but so does 1 tire in the back.

My wife actually said something similar in regards to the 4 wheel conversions and the sling loosing its uniqueness. I ended up showing her Rabs new set up along with Wokka’s rear exhaust and she finally caved. Thanks guys! It also cost me a new kitchen but that’s a long story😉. I got the green light to pull the trigger and am waiting patiently to put it to the test. I myself have yet to see a quad kit in person but have heard enough from reliable unbiased sources. I’ve had my sling since 2016 and it was kind of loosing that wow factor for me. Everyone is going to have their own opinions of why adding a 4th wheel is cool or ugly. Non slingshot owners say the same thing, they either love the slings or hate them. I feel like your going to get way more thumbs ups than you do now!!! Your not going to regret it! Just do it!

• I have both and have fun in either one. Going quad for me solved some issues mine had and now it’s Bullet proof. I like having a solid GM drivetrain from motor to wheels. No angle drive or belts. So much easier to straddle the road kill. It’s the poor mans crossbow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• My wife actually said something similar in regards to the 4 wheel conversions and the sling loosing its uniqueness. I ended up showing her Rabs new set up along with Wokka’s rear exhaust and she finally caved. Thanks guys! It also cost me a new kitchen but that’s a long story😉. I got the green light to pull the trigger and am waiting patiently to put it to the test. I myself have yet to see a quad kit in person but have heard enough from reliable unbiased sources. I’ve had my sling since 2016 and it was kind of loosing that wow factor for me. Everyone is going to have their own opinions of why adding a 4th wheel is cool or ugly. Non slingshot owners say the same thing, they either love the slings or hate them. I feel like your going to get way more thumbs ups than you do now!!! Your not going to regret it! Just do it!

The new kitchen was coming Slingshot or NO Slingshot....3 wheels or 9 wheels.

• I did not do mine for any reason or personal opinion but my own, I wanted more traction is all.....funny thing though,I have had many people come up and say it looks better with 4 wheels, I feel the same, it does look meaner to me....👍

Why buy one when you can have two at twice the price..... :evil:

• [quote='Tango','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/9717-quad-question-still-get-all-the-looks/&postID=328811#post328811']

My thoughts exactly Greg. Though once I go quad I could have had an Xbow for the same $$$$ :cursing: - however I will be able to license this one. :thumbsup:

[/quote]

I hear ya there brother. But I’ve never seen a brinks truck at the cemetery. Glad to see your posting again. Miss all you guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro