Why did you choose your quad kit over the others?

• Hey Kev ....wondering how wide those are?

What size tires are those?

Just asking for a friend 😁

• well I went with Trakhamer, I just like how it is laid out and looks, not saying the others are bad by ANY means just what I like. After looking at wokka and WingShot in person, I was settled on trakhamer. Mine should be in the middle of January and I can not wait till it is here.

We need to start a post for quad conversion pictures. I’d like to see them all! I’m in the same boat as you Trooper, Super excited to see it and find out how it handles now!

• I can say that the DDMWorks kit is really bulletproof. I have never had a single issue with the kit. As many know my Slingshot is the test mule for most of the DDM creations. It is my job to basically go out and try to break stuff. So far I have tried every skid and slide direction you can put the slingshot in and nothing has even had to be tightened up. It is literally just like the day we installed it. It rides like it is on glass and has no binding points at all. I figured it would make it harder to push and move around but you can push it backward and forward in a parking lot just like it was a three wheel version. (you will run over your feet the first few times you do this) ^^

• I hate to be a buzzkill on the four wheel conversion but the lawyer in me has to throw in my 2 cents here. Have any of you discussed this with your insurance company?? Let’s say you are sitting at a red light and get rear ended. It is my understanding that the insurance company could deny coverage based on a “radical” modification not DOT approved. I think the conversion kits are very cool but would hate to see any of you come up on the short end of the stick in an accident.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• [quote='Bill Martin','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/9695-why-did-you-choose-your-quad-kit-over-the-others/&postID=359224#post359224']

I hate to be a buzzkill on the four wheel conversion but the lawyer in me has to throw in my 2 cents here. Have any of you discussed this with your insurance company?? Let’s say you are sitting at a red light and get rear ended. It is my understanding that the insurance company could deny coverage based on a “radical” modification not DOT approved. I think the conversion kits are very cool but would hate to see any of you come up on the short end of the stick in an accident.

[/quote]

Have you seen all the Honda Goldwings on the streets with an extra wheel ? I’ve not heard of any insurance issues with them. I would think they would have to prove the kit caused or contributed to the accident. You know you want one Bill so go see Dave and get it over with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Greg, I think you're talking about the Voyager trike kit that takes a two wheel Goldwing and adds "training wheels" to the rear (leaving the original Honda rear wheel in place). The way they get around the 4 wheels is not a bike or trike argument is that there are no more than three wheels on the ground at any one time. If you are tracking straight down the highway, you're on two wheels, lean to the left OR right and only one of the two added wheels contact the pavement. A similar insurance issue would happen if you converter a factory Slingshot into a four seater. Get into an accident with 3 passengers plus the operator and tell your insurance company that all 4 of you in the Slingshot were injured when you have a policy that is based on a maximum of two in the Slingshot . JMHO

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• I hate to be a buzzkill on the four wheel conversion but the lawyer in me has to throw in my 2 cents here. Have any of you discussed this with your insurance company?? Let’s say you are sitting at a red light and get rear ended. It is my understanding that the insurance company could deny coverage based on a “radical” modification not DOT approved. I think the conversion kits are very cool but would hate to see any of you come up on the short end of the stick in an accident.

We get this question a lot when people call to ask about our kit and I have always said, the best thing is to call your insurance company and your state DMV before doing the conversion to find out what they say and get something in writing if you can. I am not aware of anyone having any issues to this point with our kits and license/insurance though.

• I feel like most insurance companies will only pay the value just like it a regular slingshot. I would guess you could do like I did and purchase an additional policy. I actually have a 15000.00 rider for accessories. The kit would fall under being an accessory.

I think you have it right. I guess what I was trying to pass on - if you add a wrap kit on - be sure to talk to your insurance agent about it - don’t just add it on and never mention it to the insurance company!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Mine is requesting invoices to make sure I'm not lying about the extra coverage I want to get. Most of my stuff I have done the work myself so I'm out that no matter what, plus trying to find invoices from 3 years ago when I started buying stuff.

Just a small town farmboy, handy with my hands and originally trained as a automotive technician. Lives in Swayzee Indiana.

• I think you have it right. I guess what I was trying to pass on - if you add a wrap kit on - be sure to talk to your insurance agent about it - don’t just add it on and never mention it to the insurance company!!

Did your insurance agent even hear of a flame wrap before you called? ^^^^

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Quote from rabtech

I feel like most insurance companies will only pay the value just like it a regular slingshot. I would guess you could do like I did and purchase an additional policy. I actually have a 15000.00 rider for accessories. The kit would fall under being an accessory.

I only know what our insurance has said to us, he said it was a good thing we did not have a 4 wheel conversion, that they wouldn't insure us since we have Motorcycle insurance (USAA underwritten by Progressive).

HAPPY WIFE....HAPPY LIFE!!:00000156::OILFILTERSS::FILTERSS::MOTOROILSS::HEADERSS:

• so you said you have motocycle insurance through USAA? They told me they wouldnt insure motorcycles. I have had to get it outside from other companies since the dawn of time lol. I have been with USAA since 2000 and still cant do motorcycle insurance. I have had allstate for my sling