Slingshots in the Smokies 2017.May30th-Jun 4th.

• Mrs. Bubblehead and myself just wanted to say we had an awesome time, visiting with old friends and making so many new ones... the weather was awesome, the rides fabulous and the mountain views spectacular. While we don't have far to travel as some do, I just wanted to say drive safe and watch the weather.

If anyone is ever in the Upstate of South Carolina, feel free to contact me, ALL of my Slingshot family is welcome anytime at our house.

Safe travels everyone....

It was great and will see you soon be safe going home. :D

• So, we're home safe in the 4-wheeler, 1:40 door to door. Got a couple of tired chillun' and a frazzled puppy, but otherwise we're good.

It was a great couple of days. Friends old and new, some great discussions and education. Too many people to mention, but here goes: @V-SHOT and Velma, @av8ingtom, it was great to see you, and we'll all miss you until next time. @mytoy and Barbie, @Wrenchmn, @Cameron Roberts, @Bubblehead and Janet, @Lorge and Chris, @Street Doc and Amy, @ericastar76 and @sideslinger, good to see you all again, look forward to crossing paths again soon. @adventure4me, and @MACAWS and Colette, we miss you already! @rabtech and @kenny_h, thanks for joining us for breakfast on the fly (guys, guys, we got to eat with celebrities!), and Kenny, it was great to finally meet you. @Goats_Hogs and @GH_Sidekick, so glad we got to meet you before you had to jet! Let us know how the mods to the top work out for you! @Bu11sh1t, good to meet you again, and we'll let you know how the new exhaust goes. @Ruptured Duck, it was a pleasure chatting with you and watching you work. You have a great thing going there, both family and budding business venture. @Painter, thanks for having us to dinner with the group, you made Heather's weekend, and @scootertrash has some amazing magic tricks! I'm still trying to figure out that one counting trick! @mniron, @DKF Texas, @Turbosling, great to meet you all and finally put faces to names. Same goes for @WOLF, @TheRock, and @funinthesun. @FunCycle...Gerald, some day I want to ride with you and see if I can keep up with you at half speed. Probably not, but that's what insurance is for, right? And thank you for the jack stands, almost forgot! @Shatneyman, thank you for making our weekend, and for the taste of New England. @gooseman, for both the bottle and the flash drive (and for refusing to take my money, lol), thanks again. @dangerdarrell, @Slingrazor, and @Rob the Slob, for letting me try out the various toys and add-ons during the road tests - and Rob, even more for hanging with the kids while @sideseatdriver and I went out for a spin last night. That was beyond cool of you. Oh, and Trent, give Felicia a hug too for being so welcoming to us as well while we were hanging out giving you a ration of grief. @allison as well, not just for sharing Rab, but for also making us feel welcome, with the kids and damn dog. And of course, @Ivy@DDMWorks, @Jeff@DDMWorks, @Dave@DDMWorks and the whole crew for giving the kids a little space in the shade and letting us heckle you from the cheap seats. We'll see you soon, no doubt. And we'll be seeing Mr. @Bill Martin and Nanny Angie in a couple hours, since apparently Bill isn't done f&%$ing with his Sling at DDM.

I'm sure I missed a couple, and I'll go back and run through this again to make corrections, so no offense intended. I'm a little whipped myself, need more coffee. It was a whirlwind for sure, and we met so many awesome people!

One more thing, though...thanks to all for being patient with us while we dragged the two little ones around and catered to them this weekend. It just played out better for our family to have them there (although we definitely missed going on some rides!), so we appreciate being made to feel welcome with them in a decidely adult environment.

Don't forget, anyone headed to DDM needs to make sure to look us up!

• @Slingrazor thanks god you are o.k.
    We stay in Maggie Valley till Tuesday morning, we don't want to leave and miss already everyone. It is a shame we could not spend more time and see you all.
    We did meet old friends and made quite a few new ones, next year we hopefully make more friends so our Slingshot Info family keeps growing. <3:thumbsup::thumbsup::D:D

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• Please be careful heading home if you are West bound on I 40. Got completely sideways at 60 mph facing a guard rail and by the grace of God got it under control and back on the road.

@Slingrazor ... OMG Trent so glad you are OK. I just got home and had to peel my fingers off the steering wheel because of the rain. Was it standing water?... I think I got lucky knowing what my back tire looked like.
    Everyone please be safe driving home.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Also... Couldn't stop but I'm sure they were OK.. the SlingShot Only guys were pulled off to the side to let their big rigs brakes cool a bit coming down out of the mountains.

They have had one lock up on them. I could smell the brakes well before we come up on them. I was following Tina and she had already passed them. Was also trying to get in front of the rain (failed).
    All I could think was them going... "What an A-hole" as I drove by. I know that's not the case .... I just really felt bad not being able to stop.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• @Ruptured Duck
    Yes It was standing water. Felt the front tires plow into it then the all 3 tires lifted on top of it and then it kicked right. I then steered into it and kept the throttle on. When the tires came in contact again the wheels were pointed in the right direction. Then to my enjoyment the rear end swapped about 120 degrees so I countered and swapped it 90 to the right, then back to the left where I accepted the direction and let it roll off into the grass. Once under control I shifted to 2nd to keep my momentum and brought it back on the pavement. The Sling did what it should have done once the wheels were in contact with the pavement. I never touched the brakes and kept partially on the throttle through it all.

• @Ruptured Duck
    Yes It was standing water. Felt the front tires plow into it then the all 3 tires lifted on top of it and then it kicked right. I then steered into it and kept the throttle on. When the tires came in contact again the wheels were pointed in the right direction. Then to my enjoyment the rear end swapped about 120 degrees so I countered and swapped it 90 to the right, then back to the left where I accepted the direction and let it roll off into the grass. Once under control I shifted to 2nd to keep my momentum and brought it back on the pavement. The Sling did what it should have done once the wheels were in contact with the pavement. I never touched the brakes and kept partially on the throttle through it all.

Glad you are ok - looking forward to some ride time with you in Eureka Springs

• Made it back home about 12:30 last night. Only got rained on twice for about 30 seconds the first time and about 5 min. the second. Just long enough to put on the rain gear. Pulled off after about 10 min. to take it all off.
    Polaris quality is still in place. Pulled into my garage with the new 17 SLR I traded for in Waynesville and the reflector on the drivers side fell off in the floor. :/ Pulled the other one off. Amazing that they still can't get some decent tape. :( Oh well. Never liked the reflectors anyway. Fell off my first one also.

• Trent glad to hear you are OK..... Looks like your son will have to clean the SS up again!

Darrell good to meet you (& better half) and to hear you are home safe.

Got home a little while ago. Rain just prior to getting on I-40. One more light rain and that was it.

Enjoyed putting "names" to faces, seeing old friends and meeting a bunch of new ones.
    Can't wait till next year....

• We are glad you and your honey made it home safe. I was our honor to meet you guys, we had a great time. We will se you again down the road.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch