Sling value

• Well! In 2015 we all had to buy new. It is a different story today

Since we early buyers were obviously acting upon impetuous motivation, this is true, but there was nothing stopping any of us from using our patience and waiting until a future date to purchase our SlingShots. In fact, you should recall how many owners back then lambasted Polaris for releasing the SlingShot too soon, complaining that Polaris did not properly test the SlingShot thoroughly before releasing it to the public? For these folks patience would have served them better, though I have little doubt that they probably would have just found something else to complain about?

Bill

• Another way to look at the quick depreciation of the SlingShot is their value does seem to be bottoming out around $10,000, still not really worth trading it in, nor worth the trouble of selling it, making it all the easier just to keep it and continue enjoying the ride! :thumbsup:

Bill

I still smile every time I get in my sling and the thought that I might some day sell it is not something I have ever really thought about - - It makes me happy so why would I get rid of it?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• That's why I'm keeping my 2015 I don't want to put 20,000 into another one after trade or private sale. The changes are not worth it to me. Now if they came out with one that had 225 + HP then I would seriously consider a new one.

CHEAPER AND MORE FUN TO JUST ADD A TURBO AND THAN YOU HAVE 300 RWHP

'It's about the ride not the destination"

• If people want to throw away money in brand new cars im all for that (it’s their money) . The 2015 guys had no choice if they wanted the latest and newest toy on the road. After 2016, not so much. I bought my 2017 SLR last year for $18,000 with 1,300 miles. The thing was basically brand new. The only way a slingshot would gain in value and appreciate would be if it gets discontinued in the next years (which could very well happen at this rate).

• By all means if you want to feel like your in a new sling just add the turbo or supercharger. My red turbo sling still impress me when I take it out. The passing difference is night and day to stock. If you want hp it it’s there, if not it drives like a stock one. I also run a turbo v8 sling and that makes my adrenalin happy. I wouldn’t sell either one for what these stock 15 models are going for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• I bought my 2015 used and not really checking into their value I probably took a bath. Coolness and fun factor caused an impulse buying mentality. It’s still cool and still fun. If I was doing it again today I’m much more aware of the used value market. There are many Out there with a few hundred miles. Not always but usually they are motivated sellers because their wives are on them to buy her something.

• I think if you’re buying used you’ll get your best deal from a dealership unless you find a hardship case somewhere, which is probably more likely now with many people out of work or reduced wages. The used ones at dealers have been trade ins, where they gave a trade in value or less with zero value given to mods, accessories. Individuals selling will always try and get some value for the mods they’ve done. Also dealers have been strongly discounting last years left over inventory. At my age I don’t use anything enough to buy new, but that’s just me.