Toilet paper shortage and conservation info

• Many years ago i bought box's of Russian 45 cal for my 1911 45....The steel cases...Quite a few smoke-stacked ....Then when one shot never left the barrel ....I dumped the whole 10 boxes in the lake...

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• I haven't had any issues with the Tulammo 9mm - it also seems to get very decent reviews

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Like i said that was quite a few years ago....It might have been the Russian stuff made for them in Czechoslovakia..:)....

I don't know much about any other Russian ammo, but when I did decide to try some out to have something cheap for practice and as a emergency supply I did look into it a bit and I found that the Tulammo 9mm is made in Tula Russia and it is what the Russian military and police use for training - I figured that if the countries military trust it for training then it is probably pretty reliable - - later when looking at some online reviews I also found out that when Tulammo makes their ammo they dont just cut it from tubing stock, they instead take an actual gun of the size ammo they are going to make and then cast molds from that guns barrel - in the case of the nine mm the gun used to mold the casings was the Glock 17 - - there is also a brass Tulammo product, but it is actually made in Italy and I dont know anything about it

Also saw a test of the Tulammo where they measured the weights of the bullets for consistency which is supposed to be a sign of the manufacturing quality and found that there was a less than 2% variance which shows excellent quality According to weapon-blog.com... Tulammo's numbers are better than Winchester, Blazer and PMC.

now to be clear my 9mm carbine probably wouldnt care what ammo I fed to it and has always taken whatever I have put in it without problem - so I can not and will not vouch for how the Tulammo will work or if it will work at all in any other gun

• I don't know much about any other Russian ammo, but when I did decide to try some out to have something cheap for practice and as a emergency supply I did look into it a bit and I found that the Tulammo 9mm is made in Tula Russia and it is what the Russian military and police use for training - I figured that if the countries military trust it for training then it is probably pretty reliable - - later when looking at some online reviews I also found out that when Tulammo makes their ammo they dont just cut it from tubing stock, they instead take an actual gun of the size ammo they are going to make and then cast molds from that guns barrel - in the case of the nine mm the gun used to mold the casings was the Glock 17 - - there is also a brass Tulammo product, but it is actually made in Italy and I dont know anything about it

Also saw a test of the Tulammo where they measured the weights of the bullets for consistency which is supposed to be a sign of the manufacturing quality and found that there was a less than 2% variance which shows excellent quality According to weapon-blog.com... Tulammo's numbers are better than Winchester, Blazer and PMC.

now to be clear my 9mm carbine probably wouldnt care what ammo I fed to it and has always taken whatever I have put in it without problem - so I can not and will not vouch for how the Tulammo will work or if it will work at all in any other gun

that would depend on how old it is and where and how it was stored....I rather bet my life on American made ammo...

• not killing for toilet paper...food, guns and money...

Anyone that would think there is nobody with evil intentions during Everyday life let alone during a time of extreme crisis is foolish....

I’m the last guy you have to worry about unless you’re trying to come in my house uninvited..

you can tell who the unprepared people are by how much food they have in their carts...the ones stacked to the ceiling...are panicked and weren’t prepped..

• that would depend on how old it is and where and how it was stored....I rather bet my life on American made ammo...

when it comes to guns and ammo Russia seems to do pretty well, the AK 47 - a fine Russian design - has in many ways proven to be far more reliable than its American counterparts - if memory serves, I recall stories on U.S. military men in Vietnam ditching their American made M-16s and instead using captured Russian designed AK47s - - - - - there are not many things I would trust the Russians to do as well as Americans, but when it comes to weapons they seem to hold their own.

Now just to be clear - My stash also has its fair share of other ammo - - in a home defense situation first clips are already loaded with 124 grain Federal Hydra-Shok and after that I have a couple of 350 round cases of Blazer Brass FMJ to go through before I would even have to think about breaking into the Tulammo

its all about cost and value - - as much as I would like to have thousands of rounds of the Hydra-Shok hidden away it just isnt financially reasonable or logical for that emergency stash I hope I never need nor is it practical as a practice supply - - - - - so small supply of Hydra-Shok - - medium supply of Blazer Brass for practice and backup - - and finally a larger supply of SHTF Tulammo I hope to never need.

• as a side note - all of my backup stash was acquired before California started its stupid background checks on ammo purchases - and when I could still order it online and sent directly to me

New CA laws SUCK - - - :thumbdown::thumbdown::thumbdown:

• when it comes to guns and ammo Russia seems to do pretty well, the AK 47 - a fine Russian design - has in many ways proven to be far more reliable than its American counterparts - if memory serves, I recall stories on U.S. military men in Vietnam ditching their American made M-16s and instead using captured Russian designed AK47s - - - - - there are not many things I would trust the Russians to do as well as Americans, but when it comes to weapons they seem to hold their own.

Now just to be clear - My stash also has its fair share of other ammo - - in a home defense situation first clips are already loaded with 124 grain Federal Hydra-Shok and after that I have a couple of 350 round cases of Blazer Brass FMJ to go through before I would even have to think about breaking into the Tulammo

its all about cost and value - - as much as I would like to have thousands of rounds of the Hydra-Shok hidden away it just isnt financially reasonable or logical for that emergency stash I hope I never need nor is it practical as a practice supply - - - - - so small supply of Hydra-Shok - - medium supply of Blazer Brass for practice and backup - - and finally a larger supply of SHTF Tulammo I hope to never need.

That is still even true today about the AK-47

• when it comes to guns and ammo Russia seems to do pretty well, the AK 47 - a fine Russian design - has in many ways proven to be far more reliable than its American counterparts - if memory serves, I recall stories on U.S. military men in Vietnam ditching their American made M-16s and instead using captured Russian designed AK47s - - - - -

• Don't know about using a AK....But the early 16's had a jamming problem if the 20 round mags were filled with 20....I would put 18 in the mag, then taped another mag with 18 upside down to each other never jammed after that....That said that was in 1966 i'm sure the newer ones are top notch ...

• I guess the chief is the one that’s going to panic...he’s thinking about it...

he’s saying that because he knows bad things are on the horizon...

local and state cops get briefings from the FBI about upcoming things to be aware of.....my guess is they’ve been told to prepare for rioting.....people without food don’t need TVs and tennis shoes...

one example of what could happen.....

grocery stores and drug stores are being kept open.....if one employee in such store gets the virus....the entire store should be quarantined.....or closed to clean the store......tell me how do you disinfect every item in the store? Does anyone see a Huge problem coming down the road with this idea of keeping everything open? Sooner or later every grocery store will end up with a sick employee....now start quaranting every exposed employee for at least 14 days. Stores are closed for two weeks .. food expires and goes bad...

and I guess truck drivers won’t get sick, and gas stations workers, and bank tellers ...all will be closed for “cleaning” and or quarantined.

and according to what I heard today...they are saying mid April which is a month away and I heard mention of a couple months....it’s gonna be a long hot summer....

• Early M16 were fed smokeless ammo, no lube, gun jammed. Later M16 used a better powder and did not jam. Plus a lot of condoms were used, stretched over the tip of the barrel to keep mud and rain and crap out of the barrel.

Tuleammo should only be used for practice firing, not for self defense. To many fed ramp jams to be dependable.

Remember, the lion is the last to die in the jungle.

Just my two cents worth.

LC

• Anyone else out there have the the Echo Trigger system for the AR-15?

• It is an after market addition. RW Arms $300-$400 When you pull the trigger it shoots and resets, on release it shoots again.

Isn't this what some refer to as a binary trigger? I don't know much about gun except when you pull the trigger they are SUPPOSED to go pew or pew pew or pewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpewpew!!!!!

Tim "Ghost" Ganey
    Winfield, Alabama
    205spam412spam2868