What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• A handy little conversion chart some may find useful when doing mods.

Worldwide Wholesale Distribution of Valves, Fittings, Tubing & Flanges: World Wide Metric

Useful site.Here's a site I find quite useful - https://www.cableorganizer.com…s-decimals-fractions.html

I found it so convenient that I converted it to a PDF for quick reference from my desktop.

This chart is quite useful to easily find the closest equivalent drill bit size whether metric, fraction, number or letter -

https://vermontamerican.com/dr…ecimal-equivalency-chart/

Here's another chart that deals with Allen vs Torx sizes and explains why the correct fastener should always be used.

https://handtoolessentials.com/blog/tools/torx-to-allen-conversions-key/

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• Well it finally happened - - - got the dreaded leaking coolant tank, seems to have cracked right at the seam. New DDM tank ordered yesterday and tracking says it will be here Friday - - So I guess this weekends Mod is going to be a nice new red aluminum tank

tanks probably been leaking for a long time, I noticed last oil change that the coolant was down, topped it off - - - guess its had a slow loss of coolant since before last march

oh well at least it will be taken care of :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I might be in the wrong spot here, sorry if I am.........

I want to give a shout out to one of our vendors here!

The thing is, I didn't spend any money there!!

I just got off of a 30 minute chat conversation with.... Mitch at REV DYNAMICS

I had a list of questions about wheels from a manufacturer he doesn't even sell.

Incredibly helpful and supportive information!!

Never once tried to sway me his way, which is awesome service!!

Great people, make great vendors!!

Thanks again Mitch!!

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• Wasn't really a mod but it was a roll around work bench for the garage. As usual FedEx strikes again. They reported they delivered it to my porch at 5:55 last night. Well I hope who evers porch it was enjoys it as it wasn't mine. Reported it to FedEx and they say they will get it straighten out but it might take a week.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Mitch is a great guy - he had my roll hoops chromed for me - took 3 different times to actually get it right but he remained more than helpful and fair throughout. Is a really first class vendor for anybody needing anything he sells!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Wasn't really a mod but it was a roll around work bench for the garage. As usual FedEx strikes again. They reported they delivered it to my porch at 5:55 last night. Well I hope who evers porch it was enjoys it as it wasn't mine. Reported it to FedEx and they say they will get it straighten out but it might take a week.

that really sucks - - a few years back we had a bike we ordered get delivered to the house next-door, unfortunately at the time the house was being renovated by new owners as a vacation rental and they were having things delivered rather regularly. The new owners of the home lived out of state so they had local guy who would drive once a day and if he saw any deliveries he would move them inside the house and lock it up

Anyway when we were told the bike had been delivered but it wasn't at our home I decided to go look on the next door porch when I got there it wasn't there, but as I was walking away I glanced through the front window and there it was, standing right in the middle of their front room locked up nice and safe - - at the time we hadn't met the new owners yet and had no way to contact them and the guy who moved it inside was not someone we could contact either - - in the end the seller sent us out a replacement and the UPS guy who delivered it the wrong place left a nice long note on the door of the house next door

eventually they did get the bike from next door and my wife decided we wanted a second so we contacted the seller again and they sold it to us at a reduced price

these days I have a camera on my front porch so that I can have video backup if I need to prove something was stolen or never delivered

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Not a mod to my Slingshot, but I built me a lean to carport to keep my Slingthing trailer out of the weather. Only thing I like is installing the shingles over the felt paper. Plan on installing the shingles tomorrow, weather permitting. :face_with_rolling_eyes:

• Not a mod to my Slingshot, but I built me a lean to carport to keep my Slingthing trailer out of the weather. Only thing I like is installing the shingles over the felt paper. Plan on installing the shingles tomorrow, weather permitting. :face_with_rolling_eyes:

Nice work!

• He's great! Messaged him last week about some shock settings as I never followed directions when I first installed. He gave me a number, set it, and wow it's nice to not be so bouncy now! Been messaging him this week as need to get another rear and want to make sure all said and done the sling is going to still fit in my trailer. Still got some thinking to do, but will be getting another rear from him either way so it's matched!

• That roof slope is too low for shingles. Shingles require a minimum 2 1/2 on 12 slope. You should put a modified bitumen roll roofing membrane on that structure. The roof to house wall flashing will be ctitical to prevent damage to the house siding and structure from water intrusion.

Just sayin.

• Got my chrome wheels back from powder coated today…

They came out better than I ever imagined. Take tire off - powder coat - remount and balance $90 a wheel. Couldn’t be happier - no more Mothers Chrome Polish by the gallon - occasionally the old blind hog does find an acorn :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Got my chrome wheels back from powder coated today…

They came out better than I ever imagined. Take tire off - powder coat - remount and balance $90 a wheel. Couldn’t be happier - no more Mothers Chrome Polish by the gallon - occasionally the old blind hog does find an acorn :00008172:

Came out great, and the price was definately right! Looking good

The trouble with bucket seats is not everyone has the same size 'bucket'.