What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Well I tried the large dia noodle. To big. Went back to the junk room and got the smaller dia noodle. They come in two sizes. Cut a 4" piece and it fit in real nice. It is almost Miami Blue so matches the sling just in case someone was to look down there. I am thinking the thick rubber I ordered isn't going to work as that are in a 2020 is not flat and is molded into some weird shapes.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• You cannot get to them from the engine compartment without removing the engine. Even then some of it is hard to get to. You MIGHT be able to get to part of it if you remove the PCM tray but it won't be easy and you won't be able to get to the steering shaft area. I JUST did this last week while the engine was out and all 5'11" and 200lbs on my back upside down for most of the foot well install. It didn't turn out as pretty as I had hoped but it's not like anyone is ever looking down in there. I used aluminized heat retardant fabric and sprayed 3M super 77 adhesive on the back and put it in the engine side and also in the foot well, sandwiching it all together. I then covered the entire job in 3M aluminum duct sealing tape on both sides. Everything is sealed up pretty good. It likely won't be perfect but should be a drastic improvement from getting my ankles melted off every summer when the fans kick on. Really makes me miss my rear mounted radiator that kept the front fans from coming on and pulled all the heat out the back. I had to remove that for our rear exit exhaust. You can only fit so much shit in the trans tunnel.

Why not run the coolant lines thru the outer edge of the cockpit to get back to the rear-mounted radiator? For extra protection, I'd recommend trying to fit the hoses inside some type of ABS pipe. We had a rear-engined Fiat 850 Coupe while stationed in West Berlin back in the 1970s and my Wife wasn't very happy when we were driving thru West Germany while on Leave and had a coolant line running from the engine up to the heater unit rupture and spray hot coolant on my Wife's legs. Even worse, the coolant ruined the KFC we'd bought a couple hours earlier while in Heidelberg!8| (We hadn't seen a KFC in about 2 years at that point)!

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• Just finished the test ride with the 2.5" noodle. It fit right in on my 2020 R where as the 3" did not. It really would have helped if the steering shaft would have went through the center of the hole but it was way off center. I was wearing shorts and it was 74 out. I felt no air coming in hot or cold.

• Amp in! Down to rewiring the front pods and finishing the sanding on the seconded speaker pod for the back ( I 3/D printed the speaker pods to hang from the roof system)

Cool! What material did you use to print?

Been jonseing for a 3D printer for years, but afraid I'd spend my time designing useful little tidbits for my music studio...

• Cool! What material did you use to print?

Been jonseing for a 3D printer for years, but afraid I'd spend my time designing useful little tidbits for my music studio...

I used PETG, then primer and sanded the hell out of it, and a good rustoleum paint job. First one came out incredible, second one still a ton of sanding 😁

I have had my printer almost a year now, one of the best investments I’ve made. I find there’s so many little tidbits as you stated that I need, and I didn’t even know I needed them! LOL

• Why not run the coolant lines thru the outer edge of the cockpit to get back to the rear-mounted radiator? For extra protection, I'd recommend trying to fit the hoses inside some type of ABS pipe. We had a rear-engined Fiat 850 Coupe while stationed in West Berlin back in the 1970s and my Wife wasn't very happy when we were driving thru West Germany while on Leave and had a coolant line running from the engine up to the heater unit rupture and spray hot coolant on my Wife's legs. Even worse, the coolant ruined the KFC we'd bought a couple hours earlier while in Heidelberg!8| (We hadn't seen a KFC in about 2 years at that point)!

Mainly safety if a line bursts but also from an aesthetic stand point and a lot of people do not want to cut holes in their slingshots. Additionally, the holes would need to be fairly large since if you did run it through PVC or something similar, you'd have to run a pipe that the full size radiator hoses fit through and you'd have 2 of them. It would end up being fairly large and cramping the already small foot wells. The way we did it there were no holes cut in the main "tub" or body. Me personally I wouldn't care and that's not a bad idea. Terrible that the KFC was KIA. I may have gone back even with the long drive.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Yep the pool noodle was a great idea. You must have had the 3" dia ones having to cut them down. I am not going to mess with the small holes either. The one behind the gas peddle looks to be hard to get to. I didn't take the seat out either was able to reach down far enough to get the noodle in.

• Been a fun week! It's been raining nearly all week, so a good time to spend in the shop! Can't wait to try it all out.

that looks really good well done! I have which may be a silly question but it’s not to me. My learning curve on this is a tall one. When replacing all of those wishbones do you have to realign the front end?

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• With the red valve cover those grey bolts had to go... Added the ZZP dress up kit to spice things up a bit! Waiting on some yellow caps and coil cover that Dave had a good idea of using that carbon fiber wrap I have on, so going to try that...I know..I know will cover those coil pack bolts, but I'll know they are there :D

• Not really a mod to my Slingshot but a major modification for me.

Sold the Sling and the Big Red truck and converted it to this

3.0 Turbo Diesel Rubicon. I have to tell you I am impressed with both the power and the ride. I was never a Jeep guy but it seemed like the best fit for life on top of a mountain.

Can't wait to finally move up here but I still have a long way to go.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Nice ride!

got to say, if I couldn't have my slingshot and needed 4 wheels a jeep would probably be my first choice - and the top would be somewhere in a corner of my garage 99% of the time

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Nice ride!

got to say, if I couldn't have my slingshot and needed 4 wheels a jeep would probably be my first choice - and the top would be somewhere in a corner of my garage 99% of the time

Thank you my friend - yep this top off experience will be my next adventure but right now we have so much construction going on I will pass until the dust settles

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I actually had a Jeep back in 89/90 - a Wrangler Sahara soft top - never had the top on after about the first week - got one of those bikini tops that just barely gave some shade

even had the only personalized license plates I have ever owned - - "EDSYEEP" - say it like you have a Swedish accent Yaa Sure its a Yeep

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies