What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Ok so got en email today for a GROUP BUY, its being started for a item that was discontinued but , its back (only in Black, I believe).......the trim can be changed to any color.....

https://www.rshotaccessories.com/blank-2/mesh-wind-deflector

....... below pic is mines with a blue trim, that i purchased from ebay

https://www.amazon.com/Blue-ed…id=pla-391364202700&psc=1

• All great advice and given the fact I’m on my second sling because of wet weather I will definitely take that to heart EjFord . Truth be told the main reason why I’m excited about it is being able to pass on the freeway particularly on some of the roads we have here that are back roads and are only two lane. I’m hopeful I have a little more get up and go in those situations.

I’m not sure about the horsepower gains I got with the Header exhaust and intake set up but it is noticeable and I like that too. At the end of the day I can still just keep it on city if I want to.

It is interesting in the instructions how they tell you when you take it in for service to remove it or hide it. Very telling.

It dose not give more power just quicker reaction. With my 2016 at 70mph I can drop to 3rd and kick A$$ if I need to. My engine is completely OEM.

• So there I was ... walking into the garage.... nothing to really accomplish... so why not paint the steering wheel insert and put in some carbon fiber under it? ( Can't see the carbon fiber wrap to well here) Its a nice sunny painting day. So in-between allowing paint to dry I did the pedal commander install and all tied up and going nowhere wire wise.

I called Pedal Commander and asked if a magnet set up would mess with the electronics and they assured me it would not so in it goes in the back. Going to run it via the app on my phone on the magnet mount. :)

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• I like it. And where would a person find the carbon fiber stuff?

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos

• I like it. And where would a person find the carbon fiber stuff?

It is a plastic wrap you can find it at any AutoZone or auto parts store. Comes in rolls. Not the domed pretty stuff like Tufskinz but it will do sometimes like this where this insert is not available aftermarket. Or I don't know if it is available.

• 3GunSteve yours is the only yellow sling I have ever seen. It is my company‘s colors so I’m partial to it!

My 2008 Suzuki V-Strom 650 was Yellow & Black, but the 2015 Slingshot only came in Titanium Metallic for the Base model and the Red SL. Spring 2016, I had a young man here in Houston repaint my Titanium Metallic Slingshot Yellow , which I think looks good with the Black Hood accents. Here's a pic that shows the various external changes I've made sine I got the Slingshot in June 2015 -

I still have the TD Top on my Slingshot, too. It makes getting in & out much easier and also gives me a ride with less cockpit turbulence. I also now use a Tallboy Plus 2 NASCAR style Windshield from AllThingsSlingshot since I was concerned about rain getting under my MadStad 13" Single Adjustable windshield and possibly damaging my AFR/Boost gauge.

• It is a plastic wrap you can find it at any AutoZone or auto parts store. Comes in rolls. Not the domed pretty stuff like Tufskinz but it will do sometimes like this where this insert is not available aftermarket. Or I don't know if it is available.

Got the same carbon fiber wrap in the same roll from the same store Autozone lol .....used it on the plastic door covering my pioneer and on the center piece right behind the 3rd brake light

• if anyone does this, be sure to use the "GROUP21" promo code to get it for $218 plus shipping. It's mentioned on RShot's website but some may overlook it.

• SlingLow you must understand my background. Working and managing a Navy calibration lab for 12 years I want precise measurements. Like I said before I have never had low profile tires before so these always look flat to me. Now this morning I was about to throw out these new pressure transmitters, my digital tire gage, and my digital air pump. All three read different. All pressure gages need calibrated and adjusted and I have done done that when working in the cal lab but don't have the Standard Gages that have been in a Standards Lab and traceable back to the National Bureau of Standards at Fort Collins Co. I know my front tires are supposed to be 28 PSI cold. Next now cold that is not given. Well one gage read 24 the other read 26 and the new valve cap transmitters read 22. I guess they are not flat so I will drive them.

Use the digital gauges only, never the old style slide scale. If you see someone pull a slide scale out, you had better check the real tire pressure. I have had the tires feel like a basket ball at 90 psi more than once. Lucky I made it home with the tire in piece

• FunCycle Ya those things suck. I can calibrate a analog gage but need a known good gage to compare it with and the standard need to be 4x as accurate as the gage you are calibrating at least. I think most digital tire gages start out new being petty good and least good enough.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Use the digital gauges only, never the old style slide scale. If you see someone pull a slide scale out, you had better check the real tire pressure. I have had the tires feel like a basket ball at 90 psi more than once. Lucky I made it home with the tire in piece

I agree about the plastic slide gauges but I have a old brass body gauge that is dead on. I've checked it against several digital gauges including two of my own. Don't know what year it was made but it's old. I got it in a box lot at a auction forty years ago and it was old then. It's a Schrader and says Service tire gauge.

I still use it on my truck but prefer digital for the sling

• I use this tire guage - just got it last September, they claim it is within 1%

https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod…_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I try to check the tires regularly, but sometimes I forget - - - think I will go do it right now :thumbsup:

As a side note has anyone here tried making a "Y" air hose so that both front tires can be filled to the exact same preasure?

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Just could not stay focused with anything today except the sling. One thing that has always bothered me is the rubber insert boot below the brake handle. I’m sure a lot of you have seen it look like it has old yellow glue on it or whatever after you’ve washed your SS. Then you have to armor all the snot out of it to get it black again. So I pulled it out cleaned it up and painted it. It is super easy to get out as it just has little push rubber tabs underneath it. I will take a look at the gloss black that I have on it for a while but I may shoot it with flat black not sure.

Here are some before and after.

• ^^^^

You got that right! Mine is yellowish. I've been searching for an insert with no luck. Hard to believe no aftermarket replacement as it's the first to show such an off color. I'm going your route.

• Frankie55 You will be amazed at how easy it is to get out. Just get a tab or lift a corner somewhere and start pulling. It comes out super easy. I did this in about 15 minutes today. Shot it twice with paint each time dried it with a heat gun put it back in good to go