What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Soo your squealed then the belt / sprocket change out and all good?? Humm. Mine is not all the time and I am going to try the small stuff first. Glad you got it worked out though. Good info.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• The last missing piece of the puzzle. Another good thing that came with my Sling but was never installed. Cold air intake, Header, ceramic exhaust, pedal commander. This is the most under the hood goodies I have ever had can’t wait to get it out for a test drive!

I installed the app so I will control it from my phone and tuck it in up under the dash.

I have mine installed in a drawer in my bedroom - - took it off after the heat made the adhesive come loose and it fell down on my feet when I was driving - - I really didn't like that =O

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Edward Neal - I get it! My first bout with this was with the phone stick on magnet - heat and gooo and nothing more than a sticky dash. I am putting the velcro stick-on in the back with hopes it will stay there ...

BUT can you put a magnet set up on these?? Will the magnet mess with the electronics in the unit??

Thoughts??

• Edward Neal - I get it! My first bout with this was with the phone stick on magnet - heat and gooo and nothing more than a sticky dash. I am putting the velcro stick-on in the back with hopes it will stay there ...

BUT can you put a magnet set up on these?? Will the magnet mess with the electronics in the unit??

Thoughts??

Don't know about the magnets. I used double sided tape and mounted it between the steering column and the center dash back out of the way. I don't use the head to change settings so I wanted it out of the sun and the rain. I use my phone to change settings if I need to change anything and again once you get it in the sweet spot for your kind of driving you really don't need to change it.

Psalm 28:4 "Give to them according to the evil of their deeds"

"Attitude determines airspeed, throttle determines touchdown point"

TheDonFather - Videos

• 3GunSteve it. I do flip off when pulling up, then quickly reversing to back in etc... as it will oscillate if I don't give it two seconds or turn off. So in the habit now of pulling up, flip it off, then back up. I know they are very similar, but curious if the pedal commander does that as well when going from gear to reverse quickly.

if what you were talking about is the hesitation and burp burp burp when you put it in reverse what year is your slang? My 2016 would complain and piss and moan when backing up in reverse as I believe it had some kind of governor. The 2019 does not seem to do that. Perhaps something in the computer?

• drfubar The reason I like magnets is because they can be super glued on and will not move. Not sure where you hail from but down here in Southern California the heat can get darn right brutal in the summertime and take issue with just about any kind of stick’em you have on something. 😎

• drfubar The reason I like magnets is because they can be super glued on and will not move. Not sure where you hail from but down here in Southern California the heat can get darn right brutal in the summertime and take issue with just about any kind of stick’em you have on something. 😎

South East Tennessee. Summer heat is mid to high 90's.

TheDonFather - Videos

• 3GunSteve it. I do flip off when pulling up, then quickly reversing to back in etc... as it will oscillate if I don't give it two seconds or turn off. So in the habit now of pulling up, flip it off, then back up. I know they are very similar, but curious if the pedal commander does that as well when going from gear to reverse quickly.

if what you were talking about is the hesitation and burp burp burp when you put it in reverse what year is your slang? My 2016 would complain and piss and moan when backing up in reverse as I believe it had some kind of governor. The 2019 does not seem to do that. Perhaps something in the computer?

It oscillates - it's weird kind of like a pulsing in the throttle even though pedal is depressed exactly the same. Funny story...Was talking about it during a group ride with some of the Denver crew last fall. Guy went on to tell me his turbo does it and it had to do with negative boost in reverse. Was one of those..."Ok, cool I'll have to watch out for that when I get mine" :D;(:D

We do have a guy in our group with pedal commander, assuming bluetooth version. Anyway, when he uses his CB it'll accelerate. Now maybe it's something with how his is wired as I looked around the groups when I was looking at them to see if I could find others with that issue and really didn't or I didn't look good enough... When the maxx popped up used, I snagged it and haven't tried using it with the CB as I can't hear that thing without a headset anyway!

• I have never seen the use for knowing the tire pressure all of the time. If I am going out of town I just check the pressure.

Agreed. Also, anyone who hauls trailers and/or equipment should have the routine of visually checking all tires/lugnuts on both vehicles as well as your hitch/light connections and straps/chains on every stop. Once you develop this routine, you'll use it whether you're towing or not. And if a tire goes low, you should notice it while driving. I'm not a fan of using technology to monitor something that I should be keeping an eye on. Just makes me lazy.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Soo your squealed then the belt / sprocket change out and all good?? Humm. Mine is not all the time and I am going to try the small stuff first. Glad you got it worked out though. Good info.

Not sure if this will help but I just raised the volume on my radio and the belt squeal went away.

Worth a try it is free!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Doing some follow ups to my previous install of the seats. I was able to put the factory sliders and brackets on the driver seat just needed to drill one hole, now I need to clean and grease them then they’re good to go! Also pulling the 4 point harness through the panels for a cleaner look.

Thoughts??

I am sure if I wanted to I could find a way to secure it where it would stay put, but after having it off now for some time I have come to the conclusion that for my driving style with the vast majority of my time spent driving around town that I am happy with the throttle response as it is without the commander - - - perhaps I would feel differently if most of my time were out on the open road, but that just is not the case

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• SlingLow you must understand my background. Working and managing a Navy calibration lab for 12 years I want precise measurements. Like I said before I have never had low profile tires before so these always look flat to me. Now this morning I was about to throw out these new pressure transmitters, my digital tire gage, and my digital air pump. All three read different. All pressure gages need calibrated and adjusted and I have done done that when working in the cal lab but don't have the Standard Gages that have been in a Standards Lab and traceable back to the National Bureau of Standards at Fort Collins Co. I know my front tires are supposed to be 28 PSI cold. Next now cold that is not given. Well one gage read 24 the other read 26 and the new valve cap transmitters read 22. I guess they are not flat so I will drive them.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• SlingLow you must understand my background. Working and managing a Navy calibration lab for 12 years I want precise measurements. Like I said before I have never had low profile tires before so these always look flat to me. Now this morning I was about to throw out these new pressure transmitters, my digital tire gage, and my digital air pump. All three read different. All pressure gages need calibrated and adjusted and I have done done that when working in the cal lab but don't have the Standard Gages that have been in a Standards Lab and traceable back to the National Bureau of Standards at Fort Collins Co. I know my front tires are supposed to be 28 PSI cold. Next now cold that is not given. Well one gage read 24 the other read 26 and the new valve cap transmitters read 22. I guess they are not flat so I will drive them.

Wow reading your post reminds me when i use to testify in court for speeding tickets, 1/2 of my testimony was on the calibration of the radar gun that i used and if that half of testimony wasnt exactly right, ticket thown out......radar guns have to be calibrated every 12 months

Sounds like a precision measurement equipment laboratory (PMEL)? As the Air Force calls it. Cool, used lots micrometers , depth gauges, dial indicators, torque multipliers, caliper's etc. every day. Worked in a jet engine teardown and rebuild facility.

• Wow reading your post reminds me when i use to testify in court for speeding tickets, 1/2 of my testimony was on the calibration of the radar gun that i used and if that half of testimony wasnt exactly right, ticket thown out......radar guns have to be calibrated every 12 months

Then why do they all read 15 mph over actual?

Asking for a friend...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• MADDMOE We had a manual that was as thick as a New York phone book that listed the cal cycle for about everything that need checked. When I go to the doctor I always ask when his scale and blood pressure cuff was checked if he gives me a hard time about the readings. I was working in the lab on a aircraft carrier when a young sailor blew his leg off when inflating a aircraft tire and thank god I was on the oscope bench when that gage and pop valve was calibrated. It was hell around the shop for a month but they found the guy did not follow prober procedures want to inflate the tire faster. That was 34 years ago and I still am not comfortable when I see a mechanic or me use a torque wrench. You ever drop one it then need checked.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• Wow reading your post reminds me when i use to testify in court for speeding tickets, 1/2 of my testimony was on the calibration of the radar gun that i used and if that half of testimony wasnt exactly right, ticket thown out......radar guns have to be calibrated every 12 months

Roger that! I was in that same line of work with the same equipment...:thumbsup:

TheDonFather - Videos