What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Better picture showing that decal delete. Much cleaner indeed. Idk if i will remove the ones in the rear fin but i might.

• Better picture showing that decal delete. Much cleaner indeed. Idk if i will remove the ones in the rear fin but i might.

using a hair dryer to warm the name plate on the fin --- just using your finger to gently pry the pieces off and you wont damage the paint (warm--- NOT HOT) Clean with a little Rubbing Alcohol wont hurt the paint. Then a little fresh wax.

• I lost the retaining nut on the fuel line inside the bell housing when installing the new fuel rail and supercharger. Took me along time just to find it in there but I was confident that’s where it fell. I could not find it with an endoscope through the large hole. I ended up taking the dust cover off the passenger side, putting a bent coat hanger in there and wiggled it around. I could hear the coat hanger pushing something around, Eventually the nut came out from under the clutch to an area where I could see it from the larger hole on the drivers side and grab it with a grabber tool. So...things can hide pretty well in there, granted the nut was much smaller than a bolt but still might be worth another look.

Thanks for the encouragement. The missing overflow tank bolt disappeared around 22000 miles ago and I'm reasonably confident the missing ECU bolt didn't fall that far backward since it appeared to fall forward away from the bellhousing. I'm hoping I just missed it when I looked under my Slingshot and the yard guys blew the bolt away after giving my yard and carport a good blowing to get rid of clippings. I'll try to take another look from the side opening later.

During my ride last night, I (fortunately:/) didn't hear any thrashing sounds form the clutch area and the Slingshot seemed to perform nicely with the ECU reflash. We've been experiencing rain from Hurricane Hanna today and more is forecast for the next several days, so I'm not sure when I'll get a chance to check the mileage with the reflash.

• Yikes wokka !

Looks good, but quite pricey... Wondering if I can get it straight from Polaris... I know someone who knows a guy and he converted his front end to a 2020 without going through UAS... Said he gets Polaris pricing... We will see. I will compare his price to the one you shared.

Thank you!

• Yikes wokka !

Looks good, but quite pricey... Wondering if I can get it straight from Polaris... I know someone who knows a guy and he converted his front end to a 2020 without going through UAS... Said he gets Polaris pricing... We will see. I will compare his price to the one you shared.

Thank you!

i have a plug for $$400 cheaper than UAS and they sell OEM polaris parts. Pm me if you are interested ill send info

• Finally put on the Fenders I bought almost 2 years ago from Three's da life (Mark). Had a few issues with parts and fitment but they are a little less than 3/4" off the tire and don't seem to rub unless I hit a bump.

I knew I should had ordered me a set of those fenders when they had them, they look good on there.

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

here is a snap with the fin cleaned up

i-GGSfv7K-X2.jpg

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Yikes wokka !

Thank you!

I think part of what you are getting from UAS is the new mounting bracket for converting the 2015-2019 stuff over to the 2020 light. I haven't looked that closely at a 2020 setup, but I assume the bracket is different and not compatible.

• I think part of what you are getting from UAS is the new mounting bracket for converting the 2015-2019 stuff over to the 2020 light. I haven't looked that closely at a 2020 setup, but I assume the bracket is different and not compatible.

from what I have read the UAS kit also has whats needed to relocate the hood release - - - - not sure how easy that would be to do otherwise

• from what I have read the UAS kit also has whats needed to relocate the hood release - - - - not sure how easy that would be to do otherwise

Easy? Not sure... Possible? Yes. I've seen that other guy's Sling converted already and he converted his friend's too... Might be the same equipment. UAS makes good stuff, but there's also talk about some of there stuff being so-so, especially when looking at the price. Hand down they overcharge. Not to an extreme, but petty close.

• Easy? Not sure... Possible? Yes. I've seen that other guy's Sling converted already and he converted his friend's too... Might be the same equipment. UAS makes good stuff, but there's also talk about some of there stuff being so-so, especially when looking at the price. Hand down they overcharge. Not to an extreme, but petty close.

I know nothing about UAS other than seeing posts where people have used their products. I really havent bothered looking much into most cosmetic mods - I dont have the desire or discretionary funds for mods I can't see or enjoy when I am sitting in the driver seat and moving.

I will agree that in my looking the prices did seem high, but then again I am not seeing the same offerings from other places as such they can charge whatever they want I guess :/

• It's just like anything else when it comes to R&D on mods, etc. There is a price point that is necessary for small production builds. It's no different that R&D on a turbo or a new light install that needs brackets machined, fiberglass set and tested, etc.

When you install the 2020 light, the existing front nose cone (black piece that has Polaris etched into it) will hit the light, you either trim it to fit the light, or buy the UAS nosecone, and it's not made out of plastic as the old one, but fiberglass. My setup would have been cheaper if I hadn't gone with the nose cone, and just did the bracket and light setup.

It's a perfect fit, just hard to install, since you have to split the hood.

These types of mods aren't for everyone, I could have chosen to put an aftermarket light bar in it's place or in addition, but I like the look of the new center light and also wanted to support one of our vendors at a show. Made in the USA, at least the UAS parts are, not sure about the light from Polaris :)

• There are times when I am jealous that all of the big shows with all of the great vendors are so far away from where I am, but when I think about it I realize that it probably saves me a ton of $$$$$

• I'm going to Ditto what wokka said. Yes, the pieces are expensive. But there is tooling, R&D, setup, and other costs that go into making the products, not just the material and labor. In the UAS case and the cup holders we bought, I didn't like the price but I don't see any else making any alternatives. At least UAS included the labor to install with the price at the show. And wokka and I bought 2 of the 3 cup holders he had there. Definitely not a high volume part for anyone.

(Don't worry about the cup holder being off kilter - just a quick pic before I got it all insulated and installed correctly.)