What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• I should be a tester for things, I can find ways to do things that aren't normal :)

First off, got this in today! :)

AOGgGx5.jpg

And installed, with a nice shiny new bearing assembly.

stZ44pe.jpg

Last night, I installed my new light setup, didn't take pics because it got dark on me.

nStB382.jpg

This is the new 2020 conversion from UAS. I only went with the center, wanted to keep the outside like as is for now. My son Dylan was helping with things.

37Psm9C.jpg

• Finally put on the Fenders I bought almost 2 years ago from Three's da life (Mark). Had a few issues with parts and fitment but they are a little less than 3/4" off the tire and don't seem to rub unless I hit a bump.

Just a small town farmboy, handy with my hands and originally trained as a automotive technician. Lives in Swayzee Indiana.

• Finally put on the Fenders I bought almost 2 years ago from Three's da life (Mark). Had a few issues with parts and fitment but they are a little less than 3/4" off the tire and don't seem to rub unless I hit a bump.

Looks good, Myself and Shatneyman were the very first to install the fenders and I think I did a DIY on the install

• did you let your wife tighten the New axle nut....LOL...

• did you let your wife tighten the New axle nut....LOL...

funny guy... torqued down to 165 lbs, she did hold the brake pedal down for me, otherwise I move the sling when doing that torque.

wokka, how much did just the center light set you back? And how's the install?

New light, bracket to mount it and new front cone (your old one will work, but it would have to be trimmed) was 800 at the show, probably a bit more from his site.

I really like the look, since I'm not going to do the parking lights and remove my old outside lights, I have a unique look and I like it.

• Reinstalled my ECU after having bob from OBD Diagnostics update the flash to hopefully reduce the smell of unburned fuel. I ended up having to find my USB Endoscope for my phone so I could look inside the bellhousing to make sure the ECU bolt I dropped didn't end up inside the bellhousing near the clutch. A careful look convinced me it wasn't there and I couldn't find it down near the axle used by the brake and clutch pedals, meaning I have absolutely no idea where the darned bolt went. I think I need to rig some type of cover where the hydraulic clutch line enters the bellhousing to make sure no bolts ever end up inside where they might somehow damage the clutch. When finishing my turbo install back in early 2018, I managed to lose the driver side bolt that secures the stock coolant overflow tank and it, too bounced over near that opening. I never found that bolt either! I'm curious to see if the new ECU update changes my mileage much and also am curious to see if the update reduces the exhaust fume smells.

I also removed my front fender/mudguards and made a template to fill in the holes, but haven't finished the fill pieces. I'm using a 24"x24"x1/8" piece of black ABS and plan on installing the pieces with the rough side out.

• Reinstalled my ECU after having bob from OBD Diagnostics update the flash to hopefully reduce the smell of unburned fuel. I ended up having to find my USB Endoscope for my phone so I could look inside the bellhousing to make sure the ECU bolt I dropped didn't end up inside the bellhousing near the clutch. A careful look convinced me it wasn't there and I couldn't find it down near the axle used by the brake and clutch pedals, meaning I have absolutely no idea where the darned bolt went. I think I need to rig some type of cover where the hydraulic clutch line enters the bellhousing to make sure no bolts ever end up inside where they might somehow damage the clutch. When finishing my turbo install back in early 2018, I managed to lose the driver side bolt that secures the stock coolant overflow tank and it, too bounced over near that opening. I never found that bolt either! I'm curious to see if the new ECU update changes my mileage much and also am curious to see if the update reduces the exhaust fume smells.

I also removed my front fender/mudguards and made a template to fill in the holes, but haven't finished the fill pieces. I'm using a 24"x24"x1/8" piece of black ABS and plan on installing the pieces with the rough side out.

I lost the retaining nut on the fuel line inside the bell housing when installing the new fuel rail and supercharger. Took me along time just to find it in there but I was confident that’s where it fell. I could not find it with an endoscope through the large hole. I ended up taking the dust cover off the passenger side, putting a bent coat hanger in there and wiggled it around. I could hear the coat hanger pushing something around, Eventually the nut came out from under the clutch to an area where I could see it from the larger hole on the drivers side and grab it with a grabber tool. So...things can hide pretty well in there, granted the nut was much smaller than a bolt but still might be worth another look.

• removed hood “slingshot” decals for a clean look. Will take better pics tomorrow.

Looks Good :thumbsup:

My sling never had the hood decals, but did take the "slingshot SL" letters off of the fin

I also prefer the clean look and I never saw any point in letting my rides be a free billboard for the manufacture to advertise

only thing left on my slingshot is the hood emblem which I have been afraid might leave a a mark or cause damage if I tried to take it off

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies