What was today's Sling project-Mods , goodies....?

• Airborne, Some foam pipe insulation around the coolant pipe might protect it.

Questions about those round LED headlights -

5-3/4" or 7"? Do they still allow your hood to go back on?

What model LED headlights did you use? Have you seen the Morimoto Super7 BiLED headlight sets?Not cheap at $500/pr, but are recommended by Headlight Revolution as brightest and most-focused units available. https://headlightrevolution.co…-super7-bi-led-headlight/. I've been wondering about trying to fit a set for additional lighting during night rides, but not sure I want to spend that much money as an experiment when I'm not sure how well they'd fit in generic 7" headlight buckets. Currently, I'm thinking about removing the center nose piece that seems to block the lower portion of the center Hella headlights on my 2015.

• Airborne, Some foam pipe insulation around the coolant pipe might protect it.

Questions about those round LED headlights -

5-3/4" or 7"? Do they still allow your hood to go back on?

What model LED headlights did you use? Have you seen the Morimoto Super7 BiLED headlight sets?Not cheap at $500/pr, but are recommended by Headlight Revolution as brightest and most-focused units available. https://headlightrevolution.co…-super7-bi-led-headlight/. I've been wondering about trying to fit a set for additional lighting during night rides, but not sure I want to spend that much money as an experiment when I'm not sure how well they'd fit in generic 7" headlight buckets. Currently, I'm thinking about removing the center nose piece that seems to block the lower portion of the center Hella headlights on my 2015.

I could be wrong, but I am pretty sure Airborne doesnt run with a hood - in fact I am pretty sure he got rid of all of the body panels

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• BKL

I’ll check when I get home.
    These below look similar. I had a Houston police chief tell me my old headlights were illegal, so I searched for some that specifically had SAE casted on the lens. I doubt the hood would work with my setup. They are mounted to a steel tube I welded to the frame.

DDM Stage 3 Turbo / Intercooler / Fuel Rail / Track Clutch

Magnaflow Short Exhaust / GM 2 Bar MAP Sensor / 60# Fuel Injectors / AEM Air/fuel Gauge / Glow Shift Boost Gauge

Stock: Radiator, Coolant Resevoir, ECU with Tune, Intake Manifold, Suspension, Brakes

Stock: 305/45R18 Nitto NT555R not enough traction

• BKL

Excessively bright, in all directions. In a week or two I'll rewire the headlights, so I can turn off the high beams. Currently all the LEDs light up with ignition key. Hopefully that will keep the light out of on-comers eyes. 8)

P.S. Can't beat those Amazon (Harley Davidson/Chinese) intellectual property theft prices.

Magnaflow Short Exhaust / GM 2 Bar MAP Sensor / 60# Fuel Injectors / AEM Air/fuel Gauge / Glow Shift Boost Gauge

Stock: Radiator, Coolant Resevoir, ECU with Tune, Intake Manifold, Suspension, Brakes

• Doc&Ruby & wokka , let me take a look at the logistics on this and I’ll get back to you tomorrow. One thing we need to look at is whether we need to replace the clutch release cylinder (on the main shaft) at the same time. My last one only held up about 1500 miles after the higher pressure clutch was installed. Didn’t replace it initially because I didn’t think it would be an issue and it was $300+.

DDMWorks has a clutch that is high end also. No way would I go to the trouble to replace the clutch and not upgrade the slave cylinder. My master went bad and I was thankful it was just that. Now running DDMWorks "Big Kahuna" supercharger package, and if I need a clutch or (God forbid) engine, that is where I'll go for it.

• When you boost your motor on a stock clutch...

Now I’m back in the game! :00000441:

Had to upgrade my signature with DDM Track Clutch. 8)

• The good thing about swapping a clutch is you find problems that need attention... Like turbo grinding into my chassis. 🤦‍♂️ Lol

• Too bad nobody (or nobody that I found) makes solid engine mounts for the Slinghot or Solstice. I would have though that someone would have come up with one in the last 16 years or so.Dave, any thoughts of coming out with a pair of them?

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Been super busy with moving everything, getting all the orders out (thanks for all of those, you all are awesome!), installs, etc. Have some time today though to get back to our Slingshot, as we are getting it loaded up to head to Houston on Wednesday, just a couple things to do, :thumbsup:

This is seriously what it looked like walking in this morning, going to be a long weekend I think -

• Did you pull the wrap off of it?

Changed the oil and cleaned the air filter today, on 3 vehicles, one was the slingshot though, it was the easiest, other than that K&N in front of the turbo is a bit tricky to get out, good thing it flexes a bit :)

Yeap, wrap came off a couple months ago, the fluorescent yellow starts to get a little dull over time, plus after a couple years, time for a change :)

• Been super busy with moving everything, getting all the orders out (thanks for all of those, you all are awesome!), installs, etc. Have some time today though to get back to our Slingshot, as we are getting it loaded up to head to Houston on Wednesday, just a couple things to do, :thumbsup:

This is seriously what it looked like walking in this morning, going to be a long weekend I think -

Dang Dave, that's one low roof. Can you even see much through that small grill opening of a windshield? :):):)

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Completed the installation of the 2020 conversion kit to update the front end of my 2018 GT. I love the look......best mod ever!

I originally purchased the switchback lights which flashes amber on both led’s for the side with the turn signal. I replaced them with the oem 2020 led’s. I still have the led switchbacks sitting collecting dust at the moment.

• Thanks! The throw on the 4 led are minimal. It cast about the same amount of light as the 6 halo rings that I had mounted. But the oem center light is nice and bright. I didn’t have to make any adjustments to the aim of the center light. I marked a spot on the wall before starting the project and after installing it matched the same spot I marked. I drove at night and it’s definitely an improvement over the led bulbs I had in the projector lights.

I jumped on the conversion kit as soon as it was available from UAS. I got everything for $1500. I decided not to install the nose cone that was included w/o the Polaris branding. I will place it up for sale soon. The logo doesn’t bother me. I just didn’t feel like ripping apart all the hood to install. I think they increased the price now to $1700 or more, check their website. You can also purchase items of the kit individually.

I had to do some minor alterations to the housing with a small cut off tool to get things to line up better. At first, I thought they sent the wrong parts because it wasn’t lining up, but once you figure it out, it’s not too bad.

I like a cleaner look with all the front lights, so I purchased the oem 4 led lights from Polaris. The switch back lights with the kit are nice but I just wanted them to all be bright white. One of my photos show both led lights installed on each side to show the difference.

The wiring harness is what came with your SS and the cut and splice for the led to run off of your front running lights so no issue there.

I will post up the switch back 4 led lights soon in marketplace if anyone interested. I ran them for 3 days. No issues and they work fine.

Be safe and God bless!