Oil expiration date...

• [quote='LargeCar','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/8888-oil-expiration-date/&postID=297842#post297842']

Wife hates it I store mine in refrigerator!

BD do you change the air in your tires? I saw on the net that O2 leaks out and just leaves the H part which could explode if you hit a pot hole or curb.🤦‍♂️

LC

[/quote]

You drive on water balloons? Sound cushy! What's that traction like?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• Wife hates it I store mine in refrigerator!

BD do you change the air in your tires? I saw on the net that O2 leaks out and just leaves the H part which could explode if you hit a pot hole or curb.🤦‍♂️

LC

You are correct about the O2 leaking out

no....I use nitrogen.....bigger molecules so they don’t need filled as often....

• for me its a matter of convenience - I dont have a tank on nitrogen in my garage, I do have a compressor

Dont feel like having to go some place to top off the tires when I can do it regularly right at home

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Never had the urge to pay somebody extra just to delete the 21% of oxygen in my tires. How do they do that in a vacuum chamber? Do they hydrogen up the tire then let it out several times to get all the oxygen out? Just air mine up with regular old air, never worried about a quarter to half pound increase or decrease in air pressure. If you think about it airing up with compressed air then allowing the oxygen to leak out through the pores of the tire at some point I would be as close to your nitrogen filled tires as you are for free.

LC

• If you want to sell a product, just make the buyer believe it. True or not.

Well, I can't see air or nitrogen...

So, there's not gonna be a puddle.

Gonna go with air.

As for oil products...

If it came in pink, I would probably buy it.

Backing out of a parking spot, pink puddle.

Probability...

Mine.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• 21% O2 is what always leaks out....so if it’s totally filled with nitrogen the leaking is slowed way down...

pink puddle is your tranny leaking....

the original nitrogen fill up costs money....subsequent top offs are free...

your Costco membership pays for the “free” nitrogen..

• if you have to drive some place for the nitrogen its not "free" - it cost you your time, it cost you extra miles on the vehicle and it just a general pain all of which I avoid by airing right at home with my compressor.

seriously think about it - - whenever I go for a serious ride in my slingshot I check my tires and make sure the pressure is where it should be , before my wife and I take a trip in the car I do the same thing with it. - - - if I insisted on nitrogen I couldn't do this - before any serious ride or trip I would have spend 30 minutes to an hour perhaps even more to take the vehicle to some other place to get nitrogen - - what if we want to take off at 4 in the morning? will the nitrogen place be open so I gan be sure the sling tires are all at 28psi? or will I have to remember to check it the night before

Yea - - no thank you - - I will take the slightly greater loss of air over time in exchange for the ability to do it right here at home - - I dont need the extra step of having to go some place for nitrogen every time we want to go on a trip or a ride

• 21% O2 is what always leaks out....so if it’s totally filled with nitrogen the leaking is slowed way down...

pink puddle is your tranny leaking....

the original nitrogen fill up costs money....subsequent top offs are free...

your Costco membership pays for the “free” nitrogen..

Tranny fluid might be pink...

Transmission fluid is not, dumb ass!

And I can see it now.

Rubber compound, tire bead, and rim seat standing there...

O2 only!

Nitrogen, sorry pal. Your pass is no good!

Yo H2o, get out of the line!

Reading is fun to mental...

Comprehension helps!

• actually I suspect more air/nitrogen would be lost through the the valve stem and core that actually goes through the tires rubber/compound - this isnt some thin inner tube we are talking about here and valve stems often dont seal as well as we might like - I actually read that if you are losing in excess of 3psi per month its almost guaranteed that your valve stem needs to be replaced

• actually I suspect more air/nitrogen would be lost through the the valve stem and core that actually goes through the tires rubber/compound - this isnt some thin inner tube we are talking about here and valve stems often dont seal as well as we might like - I actually read that if you are losing in excess of 3psi per month its almost guaranteed that your valve stem needs to be replaced

Never had one to leak like that

• I’m wondering what kind of vehicle leaves a pink puddle......or is it what kind of driver drives a vehicle that leaves a pink trail? Or is it the driver leaving a pink trail?

I can check my tire pressure by opening an app on my phone and monitor the individual pressures while driving...

Every time I buy new tires my dealer installs new valve stems....

but don’t forget the valve core/s could not be completely tight..... and the rubber used in today’s tires and tubes is not the same rubber quality we grew up with....the new Chinese rubber is like Swiss cheese..

in the summer every time I ride my bicycle the tires need pumped up....when we were kids you rarely had to pump them up....at least not nearly as much as today...

even condoms have microscopic holes in them....same for rubber gloves.....they recommend doctors wear two or three pairs of gloves when performing invasive operations....hoping the holes don't line up.....they should be recommending you wear two and three condoms when performing....

• even condoms have microscopic holes in them....same for rubber gloves.....they recommend doctors wear two or three pairs of gloves when performing invasive operations....hoping the holes don't line up.....they should be recommending you wear two and three condoms when performing....

I tried that once, But by the time i got the second one on i was done performing....:(...

Some times a Cigar is just a Cigar.......

• I’m wondering what kind of vehicle leaves a pink puddle......or is it what kind of driver drives a vehicle that leaves a pink trail? Or is it the driver leaving a pink trail?

I would be willing to purchase a custom license plate of my choice for you, Bigdog , and the only thing you have to do is put it on your Slingshot...

You okay with ID 10 T ??????

Hell, I could probably get a group buy in on this.