Should pending product updates not bear fruit over the next 2-3 years, Slingshot will likely be discontinued.

• Getting back to the demise of the Slingshot for practical reasons.

"Still, the biggest hurdle to the success of three-wheelers might simply be most people don't see the point. A three-wheeled car doesn't do anything a four-wheeled car can't do, and it comes at a cost of grip and stability. More tires equal more grip, almost always. And despite their advantages, three-wheelers have many of the same drawbacks of motorcycles and cars. That puts them somewhere in the middle, a novelty. And eventually novelty wears off."

Taken from the article:

Well That Didn't Work: The Ridiculous History of Unstable, Impractical Three-Wheeled Cars

• I’m sorry- who among us said “ Geee Harriet! Look at this practical, sensible year ‘round vehicle!”

I think I speak for many. When we/I first saw the SS we went “How cool is that!

NOT How wonderfully practical!

I have and continue to be hot, cold, wet, wind blown and gleefully happy with my SS. A great many people desire exotic impractical means of transportation.

I prefer spicy food!😎

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• When we first bought our slingshot a friend said to me “You do know you could’ve just bought a convertible. Why did you buy that?”
    My polite response was “If you have to ask I can’t explain that to you”.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Polaris may or may not continue the production of the Slingshot, the sad thing is the final decision is made by executives and bean counters. I am just tickled to death that I got mine before they went to a Polaris engine. Nothing wrong with the Polaris engine at all but dated Chevy parts sure are allot cheaper.

2018 SLR LE
    Bullet Speed Top

Hawk 5.0 Pads

My girlfriend loves SS more than me but can't drive a manual laugh-squaredlaugh-squared Lucky me!!!

• motorcycles has and will always be a small market. With that the competition for those riders is is tight. The 3 wheeler Was an attempt to capture more riders.

https://www.statista.com/stati…ycles-in-the-us-by-state/

like anything new it’s slow to catch on...the two have a different riding experience. Many are not crazy about giving that up. The price could be a factor.....I never wanted to spend harley money for a motorcycle. And I also based it on their mechanical problem dependably issues.

The biggest issue is it’s a seasonal ride....limited riding time. It becomes a ride time vs money spent issue. Not everyone wants or owns a corvette...

• Given the wide effects of this corona virus we should all be ready to hear bad news from many of our toy manufacturers, politics aside the mass panic of the last week alone will set us back for at least a year so only god knows what the end result will be once this is all said and done.

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• I think the point of the "Well that didn't work" article is that there never have been or never will be enough people like us to make trikes or autotrikes mainstream.Thats all.

Personally I think its a great Boomer vehicle. It's also nice Millennials like it too.

I have to admit that in my younger days of Muscle Cars and Motorcycles there is no way you would have ever seen one in my driveway.

I'm sure you frequently get the same question I get, What's it like riding/driving it?

I always respond with the same answer. It's more fun than a car, but still not as much fun as a motorcycle. But given where I am that this point my life its a great substitution for the motorcycle I use to ride since I no longer have the concentration, reflexes, stability anymore needed to feel safe riding a motorcycle.

It's amazing how many Boomer motorcycle and ex-motorcycle riders nod in understanding when I tell them why I switched.

• The wife said I was 'old and feeble' and needed a 3rd wheel..... I would NEVER admit that she might have been right. 5 years and 88,000+ miles I love the Slingshot.

• Polaris has always been a major manufacturer of off road ATV's and snowmobiles. Yes also motorcycles and watercraft. When I was growing up many families had them. From my experience in the last three areas I've lived land for ATV's and snowmobiles has shrunk dramatically. In some areas it's impossible for ATV's/snowmobiles. I would love to purchase an ATV but there is no where to ride it.

Perhaps Polaris realized this, knowing the future has a much better outlook for a vehicle like the slingshot. Great concept!

• does anyone see a discrepancy in this paragraph?

How can a vehicle hit sideways be considered head on?

seatbelts are tested for head on crashes...

a coworker was driving a car and was t boned ...he went out the side window, landed on the hood of the other car and broke his back. The car seat belt didn’t hold him in the car.

• Not really sure about the physical circumstances of the collision. I'm sure the police report and the artical above were both an account of eye witness testimony. However, one thing I know for sure, at least in my opinion, is that the seatbelt retractors in my SLR are certainly of inferior quality compared to my other vehicles. I'm a little disappointed, but not surprised.

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• "The new campaign will see Indian spend reported mid-seven figures (between $5 and $7m) on advertising campaigns on some of the biggest sporting events in the US."

Wonder what Slingshot's "campaign" is spending?

• I’m just saying any vehicle that gets t boned isn’t going to be good.....seat belts can not hold you in the seat from every angle at once. So I’m not surprised they think the seat belt failed. Basically all seat belts are designed to keep you in the seat straight forward and from hitting the steering wheel and dash board....not from flying out the side window.

If you survive any T bone crash you got lucky...

if you’re that worried you need a race car seat belt system. Keep in mind a regular motorcycle had no seat belt. Nobody complains about dying on one.