Odd vibe I have picked up being on the 2 sites...

• As weird as this is...I get the feeling like "The other site" is like high school. All the newbies are there and asking the same questions all newbies do. This is like college...we all know what is going on and share new discoveries, people use the search function, people actually contribute to more of a community feeling. Maybe I am the crazy one...but this is just the vibe I have gotten.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• I get the feeling like "The other site" is like high school.

last I looked in- all I saw was- "it's too hot" (did they not test drive it, or do any due diligence?) Come winter, it will be "too cold", or "too wet"...... So tempting....... "get a Miata", but I won't :D There is still too much valuable information that has not yet migrated over here.......

• last I looked in- all I saw was- "it's too hot" (did they not test drive it, or do any due diligence?) Come winter, it will be "too cold", or "too wet"...... So tempting....... "get a Miata", but I won't :D There is still too much valuable information that has not yet migrated over here.......

Agree, Dee! Also tempting...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• we were all newbies once

Agreed- when I got my first sling, I was dumb as a box of rocks, and learned an awful lot through the patience of others on that site. I still learn new stuff about the machine, albeit slowly---maybe it's just a hair preventing oxygen from flowing to the brain--but I have stayed at Holiday Inn. ;)

• Agreed- when I got my first sling, I was dumb as a box of rocks, and learned an awful lot through the patience of others on that site. I still learn new stuff about the machine, albeit slowly---maybe it's just a hair preventing oxygen from flowing to the brain--but I have stayed at Holiday Inn. ;)

We all know better, Girl! You're a sharp cookie! Also, you WANT to learn & do as much of your own maintenance as possible. There's still a lot of owners afraid to tackle something as simple as oil changes & are willing to pay exorbitant dealer rates.

• Wow what owners will learn in a year , year and a half! We're all only sophomores ourselves.

I'm not disagreeing just adding to the thought .....

Yes...many here have not owned their Slingshot long but many here where also early adopters who didn't even see a Slingshot in person before they bought in. People with that mentality are usually enthusiasts who do their research and know quite a bit more than the knee jerk buyer who saw one at a Starbucks and purchased the following day without ever doing a bit legwork on what it is, isn't, and what its all about.

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• I'm not disagreeing just adding to the thought .....

Yes...many here have not owned their Slingshot long but many here where also early adopters who didn't even see a Slingshot in person before they bought in. People with that mentality are usually enthusiasts who do their research and know quite a bit more than the knee jerk buyer who saw one at a Starbucks and purchased the following day without ever doing a bit legwork on what it is, isn't, and what its all about.

I've told this story before, but Steve watched Polaris Slingshot for a year... via youtube, and websites both, before stepping into the dealership, who couldnt even get a vehicle on his lot for us to look at... much less drive... the day we saw a slingshot in up close and in person was the day we picked ours up..3 months after the holding fee was paid.. yes, he did his due diligence, research, and inquiries... no, I didnt take him seriously until we walked out of the dealership with lighter pockets. Hopefully, these machines are crafted well enough (with a few bugs and glitches) to last for the next 100,000 miles....

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• Got moderated & spanked on THE DARK SIDE today. Knew it was only a matter of time. At opportune times, I post this (or similar) pics. The spanking also shown... :D

• I find it less compelling as the weeks go by to see what is going, if anything new, Not! Someone else pointed out old threads dug up as well. One was a post from Dec 2014 I had. Not sure if honest noob post or other motives on some. Outside of Vendor announcements, just nothing new.

• Got moderated & spanked on THE DARK SIDE today. Knew it was only a matter of time. At opportune times, I post this (or similar) pics. The spanking also shown... :D

Man I never go to that forum anymore. The only reason I guess I could see posting on it is to inform people it sucks and come here. Which is what you did to get your pp spanked. I like it! :thumbsup: