Other 3 wheeled vehicles

• Having owned an EV and 2 Hybrids...never had a battery issue and I think it's an old narrative that people need to stop using. Batteries have as good or better of a warranty of any mechanical part in a car. It used to be hard to get some batteries but for most cars you can get them at no expense to you up to 10 years.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• for me here in the desert an EV just seems like a bad idea. from what I can find the average EV uses around 33 kWh of electricity per 100 miles and to get 33 kwh out of the battery it takes 37 kwh from wall outlet (nothing is 100% efficient) well, before we got solar on our roof our electric bill in the summer months was often close to $1,000.00 per month because with the heat running the AC all the time pushed us well into the third billing tier - I dont even want to think what those bills would have been if I were adding 37 kwh of usage on top of that third tier for every 100 miles I drove during the month sure putting gas in a car might cost just as much if not more, but having it tacked on top of the electric bill at the highest tiered rate just seems like it would generate some killer electric bills

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• for me here in the desert an EV just seems like a bad idea. from what I can find the average EV uses around 33 kWh of electricity per 100 miles and to get 33 kwh out of the battery it takes 37 kwh from wall outlet (nothing is 100% efficient) well, before we got solar on our roof our electric bill in the summer months was often close to $1,000.00 per month because with the heat running the AC all the time pushed us well into the third billing tier - I dont even want to think what those bills would have been if I were adding 37 kwh of usage on top of that third tier for every 100 miles I drove during the month sure putting gas in a car might cost just as much if not more, but having it tacked on top of the electric bill at the highest tiered rate just seems like it would generate some killer electric bills

Also the buying public forgets that the government is going to be taxing the hell out of the EV's. Remember people that nothing is free, the the government is going to get more than their share one way or another. Remember when diesel was cheaper until everyone started buying because of the increase in fuel mileage. How about the town that wanted you to conserve water, it worked so well that they had to raise the water usage rates to pay for the treatment system they could not afford anymore. There is no free ride unless it is something you can do for yourself.

• Also the buying public forgets that the government is going to be taxing the hell out of the EV's. Remember people that nothing is free, the the government is going to get more than their share one way or another. Remember when diesel was cheaper until everyone started buying because of the increase in fuel mileage. How about the town that wanted you to conserve water, it worked so well that they had to raise the water usage rates to pay for the treatment system they could not afford anymore. There is no free ride unless it is something you can do for yourself.

yep, I agree, right now the government is holding back because they want people to buy electric, but you can bet that whenever they hit the point where they feel enough people have made the switch you can guarantee they will find a way to make up for the lost gas taxes that they are no longer getting - no way in hell they would ever just eat the loss

• Just the cost for the extension cords would discourage me from buying one

well I know your being facetious, but its actually more than just cords, after you buy your Tesla if you want to charge at home you have to buy a Tesla wall connector and then pay to have an electrician run the wiring and such to connect it from your electric panel to your garage or wherever else you plan on charging your car. so the connector at around $500 plus whatever the electrition charges for your specific install probably at least $200 and possibly much more. - so the equivalent of 5 to 10 full tanks of gas for most cars before you can even start to charge at home

• [quote='Edward Neal','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/8741-other-3-wheeled-vehicles/&postID=397218#post397218']

Also the buying public forgets that the government is going to be taxing the hell out of the EV's. Remember people that nothing is free, the the government is going to get more than their share one way or another. Remember when diesel was cheaper until everyone started buying because of the increase in fuel mileage. How about the town that wanted you to conserve water, it worked so well that they had to raise the water usage rates to pay for the treatment system they could not afford anymore. There is no free ride unless it is something you can do for yourself.

yep, I agree, right now the government is holding back because they want people to buy electric, but you can bet that whenever they hit the point where they feel enough people have made the switch you can guarantee they will find a way to make up for the lost gas taxes that they are no longer getting - no way in hell they would ever just eat the loss

[/quote]

They've already announced it in Texas. EV cars have to pay a $200 ADDITIONAL fee at registration time to make up for the lost gas tax.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app