Other 3 wheeled vehicles

• Davis (1947-1949)

Davis (1947-1949)©Jaydec

Glenn Gordon Davis positioned the Divan at the intersection of performance and economy. It made its debut in 1947 as a sleek-looking three-wheeler with four seats and a removable hard top. Early models used a Hercules four-cylinder engine, though Davis planned to offer buyers a wide selection of engines.

The Divan turned many heads in the automotive industry because it looked like nothing else on the road and innovative automotive start-ups were as newsworthy in the 1940s as they are today. The Davis company collapsed in 1949 after being sued separately by its dealers and its employees and its founder was convicted of fraud; he died in 1973. Davis made 17 cars including prototypes. Pricing should have started at $995 (about $12,000 today).

• The gentleman who built this one lives a few miles down the road from me saw him post about it this morning.

"This is a home-made chariot I started building in 1969. Here's some photos of me welding the fins together and using Bondo to smooth out the frame. It was purchased by Ted in Newburg, NY and he had his restoration man, Tom, restore the entire chariot. He did a beautiful job. It's now located at Ted's motorcycle museum in Newburg, NY on display alongside another one of my motorcycles. If you guys get a chance this summer, head over and check it out! He has over 500 bikes on display"

No photo description available.May be an image of 1 person and motorcycle

May be an image of 1 person

• Is it cool looking - of course, is its performance Impressive - absolutely! But its range would only get us a half a day when we tour plus no mention of storage makes this a really cool thing to look at, but not for me to consider. Plus as cool as it is, it’s a SS rip off in my eyes.

This whole electric vehicle thing, my gut tells me it’s not gonna be around long and will end up being like a CD. It’ll be here for a while and then more than likely hydrogen fuel cells will take over. Yes, fuel cells are still electric generators but at least they don’t derive their energy from oil coal or gas then convert it .IMO

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Is it cool looking - of course, is its performance Impressive - absolutely! But its range would only get us a half a day when we tour plus no mention of storage makes this a really cool thing to look at, but not for me to consider. Plus as cool as it is, it’s a SS rip off in my eyes.

This whole electric vehicle thing, my gut tells me it’s not gonna be around long and will end up being like a CD. It’ll be here for a while and then more than likely hydrogen fuel cells will take over. Yes, fuel cells are still electric generators but at least they don’t derive their energy from oil coal or gas then convert it .IMO

Most of the time I would agree with you. What I found interesting with my Slingshot when I had it...I only got about 180-210 miles per tank. And I rarely filled up on any ride I went on. If I babied it, I would get like 230 miles So an Electric toy that has that kind of performance that only gets 180 miles per charge is pretty safe for me.

Actively looking for another sling...It is time...

• Most of the time I would agree with you. What I found interesting with my Slingshot when I had it...I only got about 180-210 miles per tank. And I rarely filled up on any ride I went on. If I babied it, I would get like 230 miles So an Electric toy that has that kind of performance that only gets 180 miles per charge is pretty safe for me.

That makes perfect sense because it’s how you use it that counts. When we’re on trips, we’re usually at the gas station twice a day as we burn through the first tank and sometimes almost through the second one being able to put down 4 to 500 miles a day without waiting for a charge is the way we have to roll.

I don’t mean to diss this vehicle, but they could’ve done a few more things from an originality standpoint in my eyes. However, there’s a lot less moving parts that’s for sure, and the acceleration would be very difficult to match if you could keep the rear wheel from spinning.

Put a solid-state battery in this thing and you’ll have my attention if and when they ever come about.

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• That makes perfect sense because it’s how you use it that counts. When we’re on trips, we’re usually at the gas station twice a day as we burn through the first tank and sometimes almost through the second one being able to put down 4 to 500 miles a day without waiting for a charge is the way we have to roll.

I don’t mean to diss this vehicle, but they could’ve done a few more things from an originality standpoint in my eyes. However, there’s a lot less moving parts that’s for sure, and the acceleration would be very difficult to match if you could keep the rear wheel from spinning.

Put a solid-state battery in this thing and you’ll have my attention if and when they ever come about.

In my opinion, which is mine, if everyone goes electric, the grid can’t even handle hot or cold weather much less everyone trying to get a charge.. Just don’t think it’s gonna work the way they talk bout it.
    Just my .02$

Keep Three Wheels Down