Do you use your SlingShot more having a trailer?

• Check this TDS link - https://www.slingshotforums.co…ental.160881/#post-800361. There's a pic of a U-Haul trailer with a wooden platform on the back to support the rear wheel. A couple years ago, I saw a Penske rental vehicle trailer at my local Home, Depot that looked to be the same model as the U-Haul trailer in that link.

That's not a bad idea and could easily be towed behind an RV... 🤔

"If I were a Jedi, there's a 100% chance I would use the force inappropriately!"

• Check this TDS link - https://www.slingshotforums.co…ental.160881/#post-800361. There's a pic of a U-Haul trailer with a wooden platform on the back to support the rear wheel. A couple years ago, I saw a Penske rental vehicle trailer at my local Home, Depot that looked to be the same model as the U-Haul trailer in that link.

We're heading for Montana from Oregon here in September and would like to tow the Grasshopper. Initially I thought WOW, this just may be the way to go, and then I checked on rental costs, $600 for 12 days, back to looking to purchasing!

Bill

• We're heading for Montana from Oregon here in September and would like to tow the Grasshopper. Initially I thought WOW, this just may be the way to go, and then I checked on rental costs, $600 for 12 days, back to looking to purchasing!

Bill

Hey Bill, if you're going to make a base camp in Montana try pricing the trailer one way each way. I recently got a quote for 150 for three days one way from Ohio to north Carolina. Might be less for less time. You can reserve it ahead of time. Might be worth a look

• I would definitely use my SS more if I had a trailer. I have trailers I use for hauling motorcycles and it has worked well. In my area of N Texas the traffic is a real detriment to riding anywhere. I simply don’t ride my motorcycles or SS here. I’ve been trailering my motorcycles to nice riding areas, set up camp with a truck camper and ride for a few days, then move to another area. The SS is now my only long distance/touring ride since I’ve sold all but my classic bikes and I need to get an appropriate trailer so I can do the same with it. Many places will let you park your rig for a week or so if you’re planning multi day or week rides. I’ll trailer to Colorado in the summer and park my rig and ride multiple states so as not to suffer Texas summer temps. We’re looking at moving to a more rider friendly area this year and the best alternative for me would be a covered trailer since I can use to move with also. I do several motorcycle rallies and getting to and from those always involves a lot of interstate riding which is not fun. So my thought is if you can get there, stay there and back in comfort, why not?

• I hate towing my bikes, so always buy the ones with the round wheels. 8o

Seriously though, too bad some people do need to tow their SS. It's so much fun to drive them! But, with pets or limited vacation time, sometimes you just need to get someplace fast w/o worrying about the weather etc.... Personally, I'm glad that my child rearing, pet owning and lack of vacation time is over...

• I hate towing my bikes, so always buy the ones with the round wheels. 8o

Seriously though, too bad some people do need to tow their SS. It's so much fun to drive them! But, with pets or limited vacation time, sometimes you just need to get someplace fast w/o worrying about the weather etc.... Personally, I'm glad that my child rearing, pet owning and lack of vacation time is over...

Working on 94,000 miles on my 2015 since Feb. 12, 2015. No trailers. I have put maybe 1,000 miles on the 2016 Sling. Most people on here have more miles on their trailers than they have on their Slingshots.

• I guess time for me to chime in. I have a 8.5x24 cargo trailer used for hauling the SS long distances. I'm converting it into a toy hauler - got 2 fold down twin beds, plus bath and kitchen already roughed in.

When it's close enough, I drive the SS. We did 800 miles each way to Huntsville last year but that was about the max - not so much the distance, but just the amount of stuff I needed to carry. We really minimized it down to a couple back packs that we mounted to the roll bars, but there was no way to carry anything else, not even ice chests.

So, maybe I use the SS just a bit more with the trailer, but definitely not with what it's costing me to have that trailer. I really wish I had just bought a small motor home and an open trailer to haul the SS those long distances.

• Working on 94,000 miles on my 2015 since Feb. 12, 2015. No trailers. I have put maybe 1,000 miles on the 2016 Sling. Most people on here have more miles on their trailers than they have on their Slingshots.

And some people are retired and don't have a schedule to keep or limited time off. Some have to be to work regardless what the weather is doing and there is no way I am cutting a vacation short by a few days so that I don't have to ride through some rain storms. With the trailer I can ride in safety in the truck and stay on vacation till the end.

• And some people are retired and don't have a schedule to keep or limited time off. Some have to be to work regardless what the weather is doing and there is no way I am cutting a vacation short by a few days so that I don't have to ride through some rain storms. With the trailer I can ride in safety in the truck and stay on vacation till the end.

Wimp!

• We will see when we take it to a hockey game and I show ya the Canadian way to play. :00008356:See ya in Maggie and I will be the one pulling the trailer with the sling taking it easy for the ride south. :00000441:

• Like I said been riding motorcycles for 50 years and never trailer them. I can assure you I have not been retired for the last 50 years .

motorcycle reacts completely different in the rain than the sling. And in all honesty stating that you ride and not trailer dosnt really impress me at all. I dont trailer to impress anyone or ride soakin wet to either i ride to enjoy and have fun and i just dont see how being soakin wet is fun just to say I did it. Sorry bought the ticket and seen the show and dont need to see the rerun

• My trailer is exclusively for the sling, stocked with tools and spare parts. Not just for me there have been many times at different rallies that a fellow rider was in need of help and I was able to either bring them to my trailer and help resolve an issue or take my trailer to them to fix a problem on the road or get their slingshot and them back to the hotel or local dealer.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• motorcycle reacts completely different in the rain than the sling. And in all honesty stating that you ride and not trailer dosnt really impress me at all. I dont trailer to impress anyone or ride soakin wet to either i ride to enjoy and have fun and i just dont see how being soakin wet is fun just to say I did it. Sorry bought the ticket and seen the show and dont need to see the rerun

Than is what they make rain suits for and cold weather gear. Ghost and I rode all day on Monday in Maggie 2 years ago in the rain. This story been told many times. From 8 AM to 6 PM gas stops only. Hell I even left Georgetown one morning with a hurricane making landfall, had to look at the radar to see which way to leave Georgetown. Need I say it again.;)

• Than is what they make rain suits for and cold weather gear. Ghost and I rode all day on Monday in Maggie 2 years ago in the rain. This story been told many times. From 8 AM to 6 PM gas stops only. Hell I even left Georgetown one morning with a hurricane making landfall, had to look at the radar to see which way to leave Georgetown. Need I say it again.;)

i am so proud of you :rolleyes: We rode the same year to South Carolina to Kaytwo’s place in a group of about half dozen slings all the way in rain. This dosnt impress me one bit. Its like saying you drive somewhere like from my place to disney or i could take a plane and enjoy the trip. I go south to ride the sling and enjoy the riding down there but feel more relaxed getting to and from sitting in my truck knowing i am not worried about the weather.
    No different than alot of guys wont ride when its in the 30’s for temp. Why not I do. This debate on trailering is starting to be like the harley vs honda. Who cares just my $.02 even though we dont have pennys in Canada