My trip to Alpha Powersport EH!

• Real happy for you Mark. Pictures are awesome. Congrats on such a sweet turbo sling.

question for anyone running an alpha turbo
    What muffler are you running.
    I got the race muffler and it kinda knocks at idle not sure if I like that sounds like it's broken
    Henry said I could swap it out for the side exhaust which is quieter not sure what to do.

If you think it's loud now wait a few hundred clicks. I personally would go with the side exhaust. I put on the 1320 and Fab Factory muffler with closed baffle and thought maybe we would get used to it, but after 3000 km's we're convinced it's too loud. Big congrats to you and your son for doing this including keeping us all up to speed on this sweet ride!

All the oil might be in Alberta but the dipsticks are in Ottawa!

• question for anyone running an alpha turbo
    What muffler are you running.
    I got the race muffler and it kinda knocks at idle not sure if I like that sounds like it's broken
    Henry said I could swap it out for the side exhaust which is quieter not sure what to do.

Running the Side Exhaust with the Alpha muffler. Quieter than stock at idle, but screamer when you punch it. You'll love the side exhaust.

• I kept looking at the video where Troy was backing it out of the garage trying to figure out what was different?
    Watched the damn thing about 4 times until it finally hit me! No center lights, that Canadian thing 'A'!

Great pics of your son with the monster ride!

LOL, guess that's right, you never went around to the front of mine, we hung out at the back, so you never saw my front lights, lol

For me, I want to find the center molding from a US unit and put in the headlights so I will have the 6 across the front as well. I'm all about being able to see at night. Love night driving.

• Ok.....I hate to rain on your parade @Slingshot Garage........but you have totally screwed yourself Brother!!!!
    Yep.....you've went and given your son the trip and memories of a lifetime all in one fell swoop!!! What the hell are you going to do to top that???!!!
    Hell, I feel like you've given me the trip of a lifetime by just following you and Izak's adventures!!! So now the question is...what are you going to do to top this for me??? :00000019:
    Allright..all kidding aside....you sir, have done an awesome job of combining a special trip down into the USA, visiting and having your Sling modded by the best "Slingshot Candy Store" in the world, and somehow managing to share this wonderful adventure with all of us!!! Kuddos to you and your fun loving son!!! Now get back into your Sling and carry on with my...urr...I mean.....your adventure!!! :00000436::00000441::00008040:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Two days ago one of my front teeth started to ache. Thought I might have chipped it but didn't worry. I thought no biggie I'll get it deal with when I get home. Then yesterday of all days my happy pick up the sling day. It really started to hurt. Sucked it up for all of you as well as my son. Didn't want it to ruin the day. And I had to put some Miles on the sling to make sure there was no issues. Today I'm in absolute agony. Tooth is full on abscess just sucking the life right out of me. Gotta hit a dentist have no choice. I did get medical coverage for the states but it doesn't cover me for much. Turns out there's a dentist 500 feet from my hotel actually several hopefully one of them takes pity on me. Have to stay here another day for sure. Sorry if my posts weren't up to my usual just didn't want to let you guys down I know quite a few are following. Peace brothers.

• Sorry to hear about the abscessed tooth!!! Sure puts a damper on all the fun!!! It's your own fault...you flew to close to the sun....all that Alpha "Eye Candy" & Candy Red powder coated stuff....."Candy" being the key word here....was just too much for your system, and caused the same reaction as if you'd eaten too much real candy!!!!

Hope the dentist can fix you up, either with some penicillin, or otherwise. Usually, they give you the penicillin 1st to battle the abscess, then later, they drill for oil. Maybe you'll be home for the deep hole drilling, and save few $$!!!

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• Sorry to hear about the abscessed tooth!!! Sure puts a damper on all the fun!!! It's your own fault...you flew to close to the sun....all that Alpha "Eye Candy" & Candy Red powder coated stuff....."Candy" being the key word here....was just too much for your system, and caused the same reaction as if you'd eaten too much real candy!!!!

Hope the dentist can fix you up, either with some penicillin, or otherwise. Usually, they give you the penicillin 1st to battle the abscess, then later, they drill for oil. Maybe you'll be home for the deep hole drilling, and save few $$!!!

Ya ur right me thinks a root canal is in order. But definitely need some antibiotics first. I'm hoping that will help till I get back home. Just waiting for them to open. And to stop raining.

• There was a dentist 500 feet from the hotel took me in right away. Yay got prescription hopefully feeling better tomorrow. Decided to stay for another day. Just not up to much today. The story will continue tho because now it's the journey home. But first head south to Sturgis and mount Rushmore. Taking the long way home. Stay tuned more to come.

• Honey, you're only 2/3 through your adventure. Don't lose heart and miss out on Sturgis And Mount Rushmore AGAIN. I know you doubt my methods, but vodka really does cure everything. Some campers here brought some Stars and Stripes vodka from the US- I tried it and it's fan frickin tastic. And apparently only $7 a bottle?!?!??? That would be $30 here. So you got delayed a bit- that's just God extending the only vacation you have had in almost 20 years, obviously you need more time.

I am so proud of you for standing up and having the guts to talk about being autistic, you always said that you never wanted anyone to know. I am so amazed that you are doing things, handling situations that you never thought you could, with an autistic child leaning on you too. I'm in awe that you're finding the strength and courage that I always knew you had! Despite your spine literally crumbling away, you have worked so hard, in immense pain, for our family, three jobs, seven days a week for 15 years, with nothing in return. I don't know anyone as selfless, loyal and giving. You've battled your biggest demon- and you've won. Enjoy your victory ride my love!
    (But don't expect anything for Father's Day. Like seriously.)

Don't worry about things here, I'm working really hard, keeping the grounds up!