Performance Exhaust

• They're not going to give you a ton of raw power. You'll get some gains but for $765 it's not a ton of bang for the buck for a set of headers and an exhaust. I have a header and rear exit exhaust package now that you can see here https://zzperformance.com/coll…slingshot-exhaust-package but it's $585 more than the 1320 parts you're looking at. It does sound awesome though. You can hear it here if you're interested

Definitely check out the article that Edward Neal posted that I did. You can see how much power each of those mods will net you. Also happy to answer any questions you may have so feel free to reach out. Stay safe out there everyone.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• I would avoid the 1320 exhaust. It seems to suffer the same fate as the old Alpha exhausts. The welds will come loose and the muffler will grenade. Already seen three. Boomer had one.

Joey | 2016.5 Base Black :BLACKSS:
    "Defensor Vindex" | "Born of Freedom" | "None Shall Pass" | "Deter. Defend. Respond." | "Supra Et Ultra" | "Valor Honor" | "Si Ego Certiorem Faciam... Mihi Tu Delendus Eris"

"Dating a skinny chick is fun until you hit 110mph in the Slingshot and she flies out like a napkin... thumbsup.png" - 2W2X1

• I would avoid the 1320 exhaust. It seems to suffer the same fate as the old Alpha exhausts. The welds will come loose and the muffler will grenade. Already seen three. Boomer had one.

Thank you for that! Looks cool but the reviews on it are less than stellar. That's why I am here! Great advise!

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• In my line of thinking the primary reasons to change the exhaust would be heat mitigation and improved sound - - to me if it were just about the 3 hp gain alone the price is becomes hard to justify - - - - I really liked the system that Kyle D was selling that was header/muffler combo, but was on fence sort of hoping my wife might complain about heat - - - - well she never did and now it is no longer available

At this point I most likely would just keep the stock manifold and muffler and just get a cat delete pipe - - many here seem to think this is one of the best sounding setups - - also at well under $200 much easier to find the discretionary cash and also very easy to reverse if needed

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• of the available headers I love the way this one looks - Full Blown Motorsports Polaris Slingshot header

slingshot_header.jpg

img_3050_1.jpg

They say it produces 17 more WHP which would be very impressive, but I have no idea if its actually any good, but it sure looks purdy

• oh - - - -and here is the muffler to go with the full blown header

Full Blown tear drop exhaust

its the one you see in the header picture above

both together slingshot header & muffler - $1,190.99

• I do as well. What sucks about it is they don't have one that works with the turbo system I have. Sure would have LOVED to have a piece of work like that instead of the rusty old cast iron beast that came with the turbo system

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• [quote='Edward Neal','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/8323-performance-exhaust/&postID=304963#post304963']

of the available headers I love the way this one looks - Full Blown Motorsports Polaris Slingshot header

slingshot_header.jpg

img_3050_1.jpg

They say it produces 17 more WHP which would be very impressive, but I have no idea if its actually any good, but it sure looks purdy

[/quote]

That header nor any other header, including mine, will produce 17whp. It’s just not possible on the 2.4 without boost. It’s part of that misinformation that I always speak about when companies make obnoxiously exaggerated power gains claims on their products just to sell parts.

In regards to the exhausts out there I will say this. My header and exhaust package is not the least expensive option out there. It is however the highest quality and sounds the best. You get what you pay for with our exhausts. I’ve had 4 slingshots here recently all having the most expensive exhaust options on the market. They’re all made out of aluminized mild steel and all were rusting. The exhausts I sell are all 304 stainless and cost half of their most expensive option.

ZZPerformance, Go Fast Not Broke
    EST 2000

• I do as well. What sucks about it is they don't have one that works with the turbo system I have. Sure would have LOVED to have a piece of work like that instead of the rusty old cast iron beast that came with the turbo system

yep - the way they run the long pipes takes up a good amount of room. looks to be strictly for NA setups - no room for anything else

• I just wish you were still offering the header / front exit muffler kit you had not that long ago - - not sure if I will ever change what I have but that one was right at the top of my list - - I have no desire to deal with installing a rear exit system - and here in CA I pretty much have to do it myself - most shops wouldnt do it because of the states laws

• I just wish you were still offering the header / front exit muffler kit you had not that long ago - - not sure if I will ever change what I have but that one was right at the top of my list - - I have no desire to deal with installing a rear exit system - and here in CA I pretty much have to do it myself - most shops wouldnt do it because of the states laws

Once this crap is over i will have a year old front exhaust if your interested you will just need to buy the header for Kyle. I am getting the rear exhaust from him as soon as I can get over to see him

We discontinued it because the mufflers were not working with the NA setup and it was too loud and had a lot of drone.

Doc&Ruby was actually a test pilot for this system for us and even after 3-4 redesigns of the muffler, they still had a high failure rate. He actually provided us with a ton of useful data during the testing phase which was greatly appreciated. The NA setup produces a ton of engine vibration in that area to where it breaks the welds apart on the inside of the muffler. This is not an issue with the turbo setup as it provides more support to the muffler with the recirc flex and diffuses the exhaust more as it passes through the turbo.

As a thank you for his patience testing out multiple muffler designs for us and giving us the detailed data reports we needed, when he comes in for his turbo install we are giving him a rear exit upgrade for free and a discount on the install labor.

• We discontinued it because the mufflers were not working with the NA setup and it was too loud and had a lot of drone.

Doc&Ruby was actually a test pilot for this system for us and even after 3-4 redesigns of the muffler, they still had a high failure rate. He actually provided us with a ton of useful data during the testing phase which was greatly appreciated. The NA setup produces a ton of engine vibration in that area to where it breaks the welds apart on the inside of the muffler. This is not an issue with the turbo setup as it provides more support to the muffler with the recirc flex and diffuses the exhaust more as it passes through the turbo.

As a thank you for his patience testing out multiple muffler designs for us and giving us the detailed data reports we needed, when he comes in for his turbo install we are giving him a rear exit upgrade for free and a discount on the install labor.

sorry to hear that it didnt work out, but I also think you are fantastic for rewarding Doc for helping you out - - - as a side note its probably best for me anyway - cat delete is probably the most I will ever do anyway - Exhaust mods and California just dont really mix and the price of a cat delete will be much easier to justify :thumbsup:

• We discontinued it because the mufflers were not working with the NA setup and it was too loud and had a lot of drone.

That's awesome that you are able to help each other out.

Kyle D you're not planning R&D on an LS3 exhaust are you?:P

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Edward Neal - Friends in AZ that can take shipping and then ship here is cool....;)

wasn't really worried about shipping - never even occurred to that it might be a problem.

More concerned that California could start wanting inspections of Motorcycles for things like smog control equipment and even smog tests - - I have read where this has been included on many past bills but has never made it through the legislative process - - but thats no guarantee that they won't push it through one of these days

Would really hate to do extensive mods only to have to remove them every few years to pass an inspection or if I were to ever want to sell Or heaven forbid to have some cop ticket me for loud pipes

Cat delete pipe - - thats not so hard to swap in and out if needed, but not even sure about it - - - stock seems to work pretty well, and I dont really care to show off under the hood - just not my thing :/

Oh and as a side note - my first cousin and his family live in Sedona AZ - - - so no problems even if shipping were an issue - heck I will probably be going there next time I need to stock up on ammo anyway :thumbsup:

Always wanted to be a test pilot... 8o

Seriously, an honor to collaborate with Kyle's team. I love physics and engineering, taught this stuff for decades, a real joy to work on a project like this.

I'll also be happy to post photos of the new system once installed (hopefully by mid-May). Kyle has been awesome to work with, he is the customer service wizard as far as I'm concerned.

ZZP is my brand!

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.