What makes one better than the other?

• My previous SS, I had the Alpha headers, CAI, and Variable Exhaust along with various other mods...

With the new Sling, I figured I am going to do more research (by research, ask more questions...^^) to be a little more picky on what I am going to add to the sling this go around.

With that being said... What makes one companies CAI and Header better than the other while providing a boost in performance? Would it be diameter of the pipe, the welding, or are they all pretty much the same and it comes down to finish and color?

• My previous SS, I had the Alpha headers, CAI, and Variable Exhaust along with various other mods...

With the new Sling, I figured I am going to do more research (by research, ask more questions...^^) to be a little more picky on what I am going to add to the sling this go around.

With that being said... What makes one companies CAI and Header better than the other while providing a boost in performance? Would it be diameter of the pipe, the welding, or are they all pretty much the same and it comes down to finish and color?

Finish is the beauty left to the eye of the beholder ...... function can only really be compared with sound and valid data

Why don't you just look at Kyle's dyno thread on NA Slingshots. It just might surprise you on how little power this stuff adds to the SS

• What I noticed about my CAI was the sound it makes when you punch the gas.....it sounds like a 4 barrel on a 350 opening up..... DUUUWAAAAA.....you know the sound...

Added with the welter duel exhaust (without the cat) .....I noticed a little more power....

I think the CAI performance or lack orphaned would be determined by the type of filter you have on it. Some filters allow more air than others...

• it sounds like a 4 barrel on a 350 opening up..... DUUUWAAAAA.....you know the sound...

hahaha, oh I know the sound...

From my understanding, I am not expecting a jump in HP per say... more increase in MPG, which is sounds like FunCycle answered the question.

I will say, I am not exactly sure the purpose of the cat delete pipe though...

• hahaha, oh I know the sound...

From my understanding, I am not expecting a jump in HP per say... more increase in MPG, which is sounds like FunCycle answered the question.

I don't know how Funcycle gets that MPG, best I've gotten is 22 on the highway (measured manually and not using the trip computer), but I'll say that my trip computer is pretty close on my 2019.

I don't run 55 though :)

• I don't know how Funcycle gets that MPG, best I've gotten is 22 on the highway (measured manually and not using the trip computer), but I'll say that my trip computer is pretty close on my 2019.

I don't run 55 though :)

Never used what shows on the dash. this was like Maggie Valley trips times 6. 3 trips totally stock and 3 trips with the CAI and the Cat Delete. 1,500 mile trips min. from the fill up at home to the fill up when I got back home. Average for the whole trip. 30 mpg before and 34 mpg after

• hahaha, oh I know the sound...

If you were to look at the cat pipe you would say how in the world does anything flow thru that pipe with that plug in it. Look around on here and use the search and you might find a picture of what I am talking about. wokka I do not put anything on here that I have not done and checked out more that once

• Check out the thread that Kyle D from ZZ Performance did. He took a stock sling, then added headers, CAI, catless exhaust one at a time & precisely dyno'ed the performance & power output.

He put a lot of work into the testing and answered a lot of these questions. I decided to go with a ZZP header & exhaust, keeping the CAI I got with my SLR, but I'll add a ZZP tune later this year. (These just came in today!) Don't know if I will ever be able to go boosted (or even if I want to), but if I do, my exhaust will handle it.

The smarter you get, the funnier I am.

• wokka I added the Welter Duals exhaust and the tune from Bob on the same day in Maggie Valley and lost that same 4 mpg on the next mileage checks done the same way. Normally when Bob does a tune there is a 4 mpg increase from stock. He does not have a clue as to what is going on except that it might be the exhaust system. IMHO if and when something goes wrong with this exhaust system I am going to stay with the cat delete pipe and go back to the stock muffler/can, as far as I am concerned this is the best sounding system out there.

• Just go into that thread, then copy the URL, there is also a #1 on the first post of each thread that is a URL link, so you can link directly to a desired post.

Slingshot NA Tunes Ready For Purchase

Electronics and computers paid the bills for 40 years, I refuse to do any of it any more. My Grand Daughter asked me why I did not get a smart phone, I told her Pa's brain is full and there is no room for anything else :D No Text --- No Voice Mail and no E-Mails, If I do not answer the phone, just keep calling until you get me. Other than that GOOD LUCK