Packing the Slingshot. Hints and tips for maximizing space.

• Getting ready to pack up our Slingshot for our first road trip and first event. Got to be honest with you, this thing has less space than my Goldwing trike at half the size. Know we are gonna be packing light and laundry requirements on the road. This will be a Slingshot up only trip, no trailer, no hauler.

What I have found and heard so far...

Small space under the passenger roll hoop large enough to hold basic tool pouch from Goldwing, Slime air compressor, and tire plug kit. Just keep a torx bit in the glove box to access.

One gallon ziplock heavy duty freezer bags will fit under seats if you don't stuff them more than a few inches thick... no amps under my seats.

Put a hard loop velcro strip across the top inside of glove box. Put the soft hair velcro on devices to attach to that strip so we don't have to dig around for them.

Gonna roll pack clothes in gym bags for the force fit behind seat compartments. Hope their iron works... if not, my wrinkles will have wrinkles.

Other than the rockin' chair for the rear deck, what have I missed? ?(

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Find yourself a couple of small travel bags made for motorcycles. There's several that will work. we took our first overnight road trip this last weekend and found ourselves needing a little more space. These worked perfect for additional space for cold gear and heavy jackets. Velcro straps allowed me to attach them easily to the roll hoops.

• Smile and enjoy the ride. That's how we rolled last year. We had all we really needed.

Oh, last year this came in very handy and affordable. After the first morning with wet (dew) seats. I never shop at Wal-Mart but went to the one in MV because a lot of people ran up there to get these car covers. It fits the Slingshot perfect, if you don't have a roof. You can stock it behind your drivers seat, just push it to the floor.

• Obviously you've got the seat and right side foot area if you're traveling alone. On long trips I would put items like car cover and water there or garbage bags with clothes (items most likely not to be pilfered when you stop for a leak). If you traveling with 2, the Corbin bags start to look more attractive.

• there is small spaces for tools under the black covers under the roll hoops 2 bolts hold them on behind head rests. Also if you have after market exhaust. It opens a space up where the old exhaust was for a small metal tool box that would have to be strapped on the fire wall.

• Find yourself a couple of small travel bags made for motorcycles. There's several that will work. we took our first overnight road trip this last weekend and found ourselves needing a little more space. These worked perfect for additional space for cold gear and heavy jackets. Velcro straps allowed me to attach them easily to the roll hoops.

Jorge

Are the bags simply strapped to the roll hoops? Are they suspended off the back cover or are the sitting on some type of support bracket attached to the roll hoops?

Do you recall where you purchased the bags?

Thanks

• Of course you already know that you can save space by planning on wearing your under wear one or two days, then simply turn em inside and good to go for a couple more days!!! :00008040::00008040::00000441::00000441:
    Saves room for other items...right??

No need to thank me....just doin my part to make your trip that much more enjoyable.......... :00000019::00000019:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• My wife and I took a 1400 mile trip, we went to Wal Mart and bought Space bags, the ones you vacuum air out of. they really worked well and you could use a vacuum at a car wash to seal bags for return trip. this was my quick and dirty solution.

• Jorge
    Are the bags simply strapped to the roll hoops? Are they suspended off the back cover or are the sitting on some type of support bracket attached to the roll hoops?

Do you recall where you purchased the bags?

Thanks

they're attached directly to the roll hoops. I ran the straps inside the slits that are in the hoops. They are suspended above the cover and do not interfere with refueling nor will they scratch anything. I found these while at a rally in NM, but you can get them or something similar several places. I'll look for the link to these and post it in a bit