Non optima batteries

• Over charge it and......

Catastrophic results.....

did you follow the link and read about it before you posted this??

bullet point #4

• Built-in charge and equalizing protection board, preventing battery from over-charging

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• People are bitching about paying $100 and this one is 3 times higher...

1. 2 year battery

2. You must buy the special charger....or no warranty

3. Watch the cold starting proceedure that you need to do every time you cold start.

https://bikemaster.com/dlfp-30…attery.html#product-tabs1

4. No warranty info about what they will do....prorate..or ...full replacement

Sounds like another optima battery money pit....

A full-size car battery will probably cost $600.....if and when they come out....

• I have a 2018 Sl Slingshot...And i'm thinking of getting a new battery , Any suggestions as to which one to purchase..;)

If you plan on staying with the stock size I would look at this one - Duracell Ultra AGM - with a 24 month full replacement warranty it looks like a great option to me - will probably be what I go for next time around.

If you are going to be running a bunch of electrical accessories from what I have read most people seem to get one on the mounting plates and go with the optima yellow top. -

• I am getting together with my nephew tomorrow to devise an adapter plate to convert my '16.5 to a car (group 26) battery. It should be quite simple and I may offer them up for sale to others who are interested. It shouldn't be anywhere near the $90-$100 that the vendors are getting.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• I am getting together with my nephew tomorrow to devise an adapter plate to convert my '16.5 to a car (group 26) battery. It should be quite simple and I may offer them up for sale to others who are interested. It shouldn't be anywhere near the $90-$100 that the vendors are getting.

When I was at the Sling-a-Rama event in Fallbrook I saw the adapter that sliongshotonly.com sells and I asked if it was only for the Optima I was told it is not optima specific and that it can be used with any battery of the same size

You just keep teasing us .......:00008084:

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.

• When I was at the Sling-a-Rama event in Fallbrook I saw the adapter that sliongshotonly.com sells and I asked if it was only for the Optima I was told it is not optima specific and that it can be used with any battery of the same size

The operative phrase being 'of the same size'. The Optima appears to be shorter than other batteries as the specs for the Slingshot only tray shows a maximum height of 6 3/4", a full inch shorter than the group 26. By using a flexible strap like you posted earlier (and which my nephew uses on his boats), many different sizes can be accommodated.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• When I was at the Sling-a-Rama event in Fallbrook I saw the adapter that sliongshotonly.com sells and I asked if it was only for the Optima I was told it is not optima specific and that it can be used with any battery of the same size

It's a pretty short adapter, due to how the optima has a flat top. I can't remember if I compared the BCI groups to their adapter size to see what batteries would fit or not, but wouldn't be hard using my spreadsheet that I posted.

I am getting together with my nephew tomorrow to devise an adapter plate to convert my '16.5 to a car (group 26) battery. It should be quite simple and I may offer them up for sale to others who are interested. It shouldn't be anywhere near the $90-$100 that the vendors are getting.

I'll be willing to pre-order one and play guinea pig for the newer model SS that has the baby battery.

• It's a pretty short adapter, due to how the optima has a flat top. I can't remember if I compared the BCI groups to their adapter size to see what batteries would fit or not, but wouldn't be hard using my spreadsheet that I posted.

I'll be willing to pre-order one and play guinea pig for the newer model SS that has the baby battery.

What I found with a quick search the Optima D34. - Width: 6.88 in. Length: 10.06 in. Height: 7.88 in.

• What I found with a quick search the Optima D34. - Width: 6.88 in. Length: 10.06 in. Height: 7.88 in.

Sorry, i wasn't more clear, I meant in height, that's where the Optima will get you. it's 7.88 in to the top of the posts, but their adapter isn't that tall (posts are taller than the top of the battery). The TD battery kit says the battery can't be taller than 7" even. They also mention no longer than 10" long, but I don't see how that matters so much.

• isnt the optima a standard size - Group 34 I would assume?