Better Battery...

• Has anybody tries this battery in their Slingshot? The RK specs show it to be approximately 10.19"L x 7.07"W x 7.88"H (10-3/16 x 7-1/16 x 7-7/8) compared to the Optima 34 series at 10.06"L x 6.94"W x 7.88"H. That means the RK battery is about 1/8" wider and I wonder if there is enough room to fit. I have a 2015 base model so I have a slightly larger battery tray than the newer Slingshots.I almost ordered one, but would like to know it fits first.

If it is on the previous page as Trent mentioned, I remember seeing a picture of the battery in a Sling... If it's not there, somewhere has it and posted a picture of it.... Just can't remember who... :S

• If it is on the previous page as Trent mentioned, I remember seeing a picture of the battery in a Sling... If it's not there, somewhere has it and posted a picture of it.... Just can't remember who... :S

I know it's been linked to. I'm just wondering if anybody has actually installed one, and if they had any problems with the install.

• Has anybody tries this battery in their Slingshot? The RK specs show it to be approximately 10.19"L x 7.07"W x 7.88"H (10-3/16 x 7-1/16 x 7-7/8) compared to the Optima 34 series at 10.06"L x 6.94"W x 7.88"H. That means the RK battery is about 1/8" wider and I wonder if there is enough room to fit. I have a 2015 base model so I have a slightly larger battery tray than the newer Slingshots.I almost ordered one, but would like to know it fits first.

@BKL I have the Optima and I think you should be OK - If you look from under the sling up into the battery area you can see that the side facing the angle drive is wide open.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• @BKL I have the Optima and I think you should be OK - If you look from under the sling up into the battery area you can see that the side facing the angle drive is wide open.

I'm mainly concerned about getting the clamp to hold the battery in place since that dimension is 1/8" bigger for the RK battery. I also can't tell from the RK pic if the battery even has a lip for the clamp. I currently have my Slingshot battery on a trickle charger since it's been out of my Slingshot for several months. If it doesn't work OK when I put it back in, I may take a chance on the RK battery.

• 2015 SS battery can be replaced with a Walmart battery
    with more CCA than the stock battery for $49.99. Exact height, width and fit.

Saw your post in the other thread about this with the part number, etc, but is there a picture or brand? Is it Walmart brand? Looking forward to your feedback after some time... Durability, etc.

• 2015 SS battery can be replaced with a Walmart battery
    with more CCA than the stock battery for $49.99. Exact height, width and fit.

I think he might be referring to this battery - 47308796. Here's the specs -
    ValuePower VP-65 Battery:

• 650 cold cranking amps
    • Exceeds industry standards on starting power and quality
    • Free battery testing and installation at your local Walmart Auto Care Center
    • Need to get rid of your old battery? Free lead-acid battery recycling at your local Walmart
    • 1-year free replacement warranty
    • 7.60 x 12.00 x 7.60 Inches

Not that bad a warranty for a $50 battery.

• I think he might be referring to this battery - 47308796. Here's the specs -ValuePower VP-65 Battery:

• 650 cold cranking amps
    • Exceeds industry standards on starting power and quality
    • Free battery testing and installation at your local Walmart Auto Care Center
    • Need to get rid of your old battery? Free lead-acid battery recycling at your local Walmart
    • 1-year free replacement warranty
    • 7.60 x 12.00 x 7.60 Inches

Not that bad a warranty for a $50 battery.

@BKL I've got to say that your research is always very thorough, complete and is very useful. I'm thinking you must be some kind of analyst in your other life. Thanks for sharing with us!

Edit: I just read and changed my original post - it did not come off right. I mean this as a genuine thanks to those who are willing and able to do detailed research and share it with us. It has saved me countless hours!

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

Edited once, last by SlingLow ().

• Ok. This is nothing to do with battery, but feel you all will get a kick out of it.

Dr. comes in room and starts talking blue top this and that and I just sit with this really strange look on my face and ask You OK.

I respond - I have no idea why we are talking batteries at this point. Then had to explain the whole SS thing.

Made for a good laugh

Proud Member of SOG!!!!!!!

2015 SL (Yellow) Traded becuase it kept melting

2018 SLR LE with DDM SuperCharger!!! I guess the gray ones are faster...

• @BKL I've got to say that your research is always very thorough, complete and is very useful. I'm thinking you must be some kind of analyst in your other life. Thanks for sharing with us commoners!

Yes, I spent 24 years as a civilian Intelligence Analyst for the US Army (see my Post # 27 in the Careers thread - Careers). My job duties primarily fell under the catch-all "Other Duties as Assigned," which gave me a lot of different challenges from modeling threat communications networks to learning enough UNIX to be an on-site administrator running military simulations which led to me being in charge of our organization's computer network. After 9-11, I was tasked with tracking foreign news articles, rumors & attitudes about the US War on Terror. Initially, I manually collected articles from a variety of foreign news sites and produced daily summaries of that reporting, but we eventually used software to automatically harvest articles that met sample articles I had identified as being relevant and were processing around 2,000 articles per day. Everything was done on a shoe-string budget and I firmly believe that if I had had a little money to tweak the software, we probably could have processed at least 3 times as many articles each day. Before I retired, I had the opportunity to work with US Foreign Leadership Analysts on ensuring the products they produced better met the needs of their consumers. I fondly remember attending a meeting which was also attended by an FBI Profiler and we talked serial killers over dinner. When I got back home from that trip, we were watching a crime documentary, and as I was telling my Wife and kids about meeting the FBI Profiler, the TV show featured the same agent I had met at the meeting!
    Edited due to fingers moving faster than brain!

Edited 2 times, last by BKL ().