Lets see those dogs!!! And cats or whatever pets you have

• Rough Day / week thus far, But I won't get into it all. Wife and I just had to put down our 16 year old mini Dachshund Damian (Dame). Wife brought him to vet yesterday because his stomach was all blood shot looking, wasn't eating, hard time walking and he just wanted to sleep. Well turns out internal bleeding, cancer of the liver & spleen. Damian was a Great / friendly dog. Never bit/ growled @ anyone. Kids are gunna be a mess when they get home and we tell them. He has been with us prior to marriage, house move, kids etc.

Was the worst having him lay there looking into his eyes and in an instant go glazed & greyish... ;(:(

2nd dog in 2 years with Cancer..Cody was 7 and we had to put him down X-MASS eve for throat cancer-happened in 5 days! That really sucked.

So Now Gunner is our lonely 2 year old...Not sure he gets his Buddies not coming home

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• @BONES, we never have an easy time letting go of a family companion. Especially when you've built a family member type bond over the course of their lifetime. Saying the finally goodbye is probably the hardest thing to do. The only saving grace is the fact that they will no longer suffer the ailments that brought them to this point. Finally at peace with themselves and the world. Cherish the moments you had, and try not to dwell on the final ones. They would want it that way. A silent prayer for Damian. Thoughts and prayers for you and the family.
  • So sorry for your loss.
    No truer love that the love a dog.

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I'm sorry to hear that @BONES... I put a loving pup to sleep a few years ago, and it still hurts. ;(

RIP Frankie ~> I miss you so much!!! One day we will be reunited and I promise I'll never let you go ever again! You were my best friend (always with me and never judging).

Sasha (our "MOO" dog) ~> he's still with us but misses his brother...

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• So sorry to hear that, I hope you Kids will be o.k. It will take time for sure.
    I can't find a picture when our dog "great Dane" was grown but this when he was a baby, we had to put him to sleep he was only 8 also cancer.

Here he was a little older

Here he went thru a growing spurt

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

Edited 2 times, last by mytoy ().

• Sorry to hear of all your losses. Trust me I can sympathize. We lost 4 cats and a dog in 1 1/2 years. They were all 14-17 years old. We have one old cat left. Here is Tank in his prime, I wish I had the $20k to clone him, as did many of my friends. He was the best dog anyone could ask for.

You can see where my true Slingshot color inspiration came from. Though he's near the end in this photo.

• Lo siento @BONES...

And I'd follow @Rob the Slobs picture advice... It's hard, but there are dogs who deserve loving families such as yours.

When I rescued/found Buddy outside my school, I took him in before our youngest, Tobi, passed... But it seemed meant to be... Delivered from, delivered to... :saint:

We're here with whatever you need...